PDA

View Full Version : Military training question for CCW

Slow5oh
11-01-2011, 08:52 PM
One of my Marine buddys was wondering what military training was acceptable to apply for CCW, he's going to be taking a class when he is home again on his next leave so he'd have at least one of the requirements, but he would like to apply before then. He has his Pistol Qualification and he said he can print that off but he said there's another pistol training course as well and isn't sure if that's what "Active military: Certificate of completion of basic training with service record of successful completion of small arms training." is refering to.

Wagonbacker9
11-01-2011, 08:57 PM
a navy vet friend of mine said his separation papers were sufficient for acquiring a permit. If he's a current service member, I'd assume that some sort of documentation he can readily produce will cover it. hard to imagine anyone more qualified to carry than a service member.

Slow5oh
11-01-2011, 08:58 PM
Yeah for Retired/Discharged you need

"Former military: DD214 or DD256 form showing either “honorable” or “general under honorable conditions” discharge or release from the US military."

But he's active

Reverend Cooper
11-01-2011, 09:36 PM
all he needs
3. Proof of military, law enforcement, or security firearms training.

•Former military: DD214 or DD256 form showing either “honorable” or “general under honorable conditions” discharge or release from the US military.
•Active military: Certificate of completion of basic training with service record of successful completion of small arms training.
•Law enforcement: Certification letter from the Wisconsin Law Enforcement Standards Board or Law Enforcement Standards Board Transcript of Recruit Course Completion from Wisconsin or another state.
•Security: Department of Safety and Professional Services Firearms Certification of Proficiency or similar course in another state.

Slow5oh
11-01-2011, 09:41 PM
all he needs
3. Proof of military, law enforcement, or security firearms training.

•Former military: DD214 or DD256 form showing either “honorable” or “general under honorable conditions” discharge or release from the US military.
•Active military: Certificate of completion of basic training with service record of successful completion of small arms training.
•Law enforcement: Certification letter from the Wisconsin Law Enforcement Standards Board or Law Enforcement Standards Board Transcript of Recruit Course Completion from Wisconsin or another state.
•Security: Department of Safety and Professional Services Firearms Certification of Proficiency or similar course in another state.

Thats what I sent him