11-01-2011, 08:45 PM
NOICE!:headbang:headbang

WilliamZ
11-01-2011, 08:52 PM
I was hoping that would be passed!

awsomeears
11-01-2011, 09:16 PM
71-24 vote, sweet.

Common sense kicks in for me about this LAW, sad to see 24 of whomever are morons !!!

Robber " Give me your $$ "
ME " Excusse me sir do you have a gun do you think your going to kill me "

^ Practically what the now previous law says ^

Wagonbacker9
11-01-2011, 09:28 PM
The rep who calls this the "wild west" needs to get a clue. The remote possibility that you could be sued for protecting yourself in your own home under the previous law is nothing short of absurd.

Silver350
11-01-2011, 09:30 PM
The rep who calls this the "wild west" needs to get a clue. The remote possibility that you could be sued for protecting yourself in your own home under the previous law is nothing short of absurd.

Yeah I saw that. Those people who think this are stupid. Conceal Carry and Castle Doctrine has happen 48 other times and none of them has lead to a wild west scenario.

Reverend Cooper
11-01-2011, 09:42 PM
fuck the hippy liberal democrats,wait till they have a loved one that is rapped or murdered in their own home.

fivonut
11-01-2011, 09:56 PM
This law could have been better. We still got short changed. As I understand it this only covers you when at your house, business, or in your car and it does not say you have the right to stand your ground.

GHOSST
11-02-2011, 07:39 AM
We've had the CNC (CCW in NC) here in NC since 95', and I came here in 06, and its no wild wild west, just that criminals think twice about doing something stupid. Even district officials and judges have the right to carry in official buildings while working, and that's what its called, RTC for them, lol, but I guess that goes without saying in those types of jobs.

So have the tree huggin hippies starting protesting this yet? Whens the next rally? :)

animal
11-02-2011, 08:46 AM
Funniest part is that once this passes senate and is signed you'll have a large number of people that will go from hoping no one ever breaks in to their home, to hoping enough people break in this week to use up a bunch of old ammo :goof

Good law though... something that should have been in place all along, giving an honest man the ability to truly protect his family and belongings.

Waver
11-02-2011, 09:19 AM
Good law though... something that should have been in place all along, giving an honest man the ability to truly protect his family and belongings.

^^^agreed

Wagonbacker9
11-02-2011, 09:33 AM
Funniest part is that once this passes senate and is signed you'll have a large number of people that will go from hoping no one ever breaks in to their home, to hoping enough people break in this week to use up a bunch of old ammo :goof

Just family... can't protect your belongings with deadly force.

animal
11-02-2011, 11:04 AM
Just family... can't protect your belongings with deadly force.

If this is like other castle doctrines... I don't have to prove you're there for harm... you being in my house period is implied that's what you're there for, so I can protect my belongings that are in the house as well as my family.

bikedad
11-02-2011, 12:39 PM
If this is like other castle doctrines... I don't have to prove you're there for harm... you being in my house period is implied that's what you're there for, so I can protect my belongings that are in the house as well as my family.

I'll go one further, I don't need a "Castle Doctrine" right now even.
If someone breaks into my home I'm going to assume it will include danger to me and my family.
I'll blow the "perpetrator" to red mist and work out the details later because right now you're damned if you do and probably dead damned if you don't. What difference does it make?

BR3W CITY
11-02-2011, 01:52 PM
drop some crack on the body, just to make sure.

GHOSST
11-02-2011, 03:24 PM
I'll go one further, I don't need a "Castle Doctrine" right now even.
If someone breaks into my home I'm going to assume it will include danger to me and my family.
I'll blow the "perpetrator" to red mist and work out the details later because right now you're damned if you do and probably dead damned if you don't. What difference does it make?

Read the news much?

It makes a big difference. Now you can protect yourself and assets with deadly force if someone breaks into your house and put you in harms way, no questions. Prior to this there's all the mumbo jumbo about if the killing was justified, was to much forced needed, how do we know the perp was violent. Now you have to be pretty drugged out or dumb to try to rob someone. Not saying all those questions still won't be asked, but this doctrine makes a whole lot of sense, and its about time to let criminals know not to fuck with average joe, backed by laws :)

bikedad
11-02-2011, 03:36 PM
Read the news much?

It makes a big difference. Now you can protect yourself and assets with deadly force if someone breaks into your house and put you in harms way, no questions. Prior to this there's all the mumbo jumbo about if the killing was justified, was to much forced needed, how do we know the perp was violent. Now you have to be pretty drugged out or dumb to try to rob someone. Not saying all those questions still won't be asked, but this doctrine makes a whole lot of sense.

I think you misconstrued my point. I completely agree with what you say.
I'm saying that right now until the Castle Doctrine becomes law (it was just presented but not law yet) I'm still using deadly force to protect my family. My specific point was if you don't kill the perp then you will get lambasted in court because they will sue you for everything you got anyhow. If you kill the perp then there is less to have to defend against. Hence, you're damned if you do and probably dead damned if you don't because you might be dead from the perp anyhow.

To reiterate, I hope the Castle Doctrine gets put into law.

Wagonbacker9
11-04-2011, 11:47 AM
Passed.

Xephona
11-04-2011, 01:44 PM
Judges and prosecutors are pissed it seems....

A state group representing more than 600 criminal defense lawyers, prosecutors, judges and academics also opposes the castle doctrine bill.

"AB 69 changes Wisconsin law by providing a defense for irrational people armed with deadly force. Under its provisions, malevolent, reckless or paranoid people who shoot trick-or-treaters or repairmen on their porch will be presumed to be acting in self-defense," reads a statement issued this week on behalf of the criminal law section of the State Bar of Wisconsin.
http://www.twincities.com/wisconsin/ci_19260979

Wagonbacker9
11-04-2011, 01:57 PM
Yeah, because this is a HUGE problem in the other 48 states that already have this provision.

WI_Dave
11-08-2011, 07:23 AM
Good law though... something that should have been in place all along, giving an honest man the ability to truly protect his family.

x3

That_Guy
11-08-2011, 07:44 AM

YOU CANT USE DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT BELONGINGS. please don't confuse that with this law.

88Nightmare
11-08-2011, 09:09 AM
YOU CANT USE DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT BELONGINGS. please don't confuse that with this law.

Correct, but I see a gray area here. What if someone is breaking into your house for the sole purpose of stealing your wife/girlfriends purse and your tv, and if you're home and approach the individual, if you shoot that person dead, who's to say that person wasn't breaking in to try to cause harm? Obviously if they are unarmed, but what if you see that person wielding a crowbar or something? If you shoot them on principle for breaking into your residence and then police question you, how can they prove you wrong if you say the person charged at you after you told them to leave?

animal
11-08-2011, 09:18 AM

If this is like other castle laws (arguably I haven't compared it)... if you break in waver's house, its to do him harm, period. As 88 said, he doesn't really have to give a fuck if you just want his stuff or not. That basically says, yes, he CAN protect his belongings as long as he doesn't tell everyone it was his sole intent for force ;) It is, as said above, a gray area. One that will be used 90% of the time, i'm sure, to protect belongings :goof

BR3W CITY
11-08-2011, 12:46 PM
Does anyone know how this is going to apply to rental property? Do I have the right to protect myself and "my home" aka my place of residence, even if I'm not the legal owner?

Wagonbacker9
11-08-2011, 01:56 PM
Does anyone know how this is going to apply to rental property? Do I have the right to protect myself and "my home" aka my place of residence, even if I'm not the legal owner?

it is your residence if it is the place you reside under legal agreement, whether with land title, or rental agreement. No legal distinction.