PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! Bug stuck in TV

VroomPshhTsi
10-30-2011, 10:48 PM

So somehow a bug got behind the screen on my Samsung 42" Plasma HDTV. Any idea how to get him out without messing up my TV? I took off some screws and tried to open a gap wide enough but no luck. He has enough room in there to turn around and move (still alive). He moves a few inches every so often. Do I take the entire back off? Is there a way to pop the screen off without messing anything up? Should I wait it out, let him die, and hope he drops?

Car Guy
10-30-2011, 10:58 PM
Smash it with a shoe......:goof

Slow5oh
10-30-2011, 11:26 PM
have you tried a vacuum

GHOSST
10-30-2011, 11:29 PM
Stop leaving food out, and you won't get roaches, lol.

Find a bag big enough, put the tv in it, spray some insect repellent into the bag, seal it! Give it a day, the bug will make its way out and die. I don't think the spray would harm any components, but don't quote me on that. I just remember my mom doing this years ago on a old style box tv, when we inherited it from some less than cleanly people, and all I know is the bag was filled with dead bugs.. eww..

VroomPshhTsi
10-31-2011, 07:35 AM
It's not a roach, it's one of those orange and black bugs that are EVERYWHERE these past couple years. I decided to wait him out and let him crawl out or die. Well I checked this morning and I can't see him, so hopefully he found a way out. Or he died just out of frame which is all I care about, lol.

The Shaolin
10-31-2011, 07:39 AM
LOL. Nice.

lordairgtar
11-01-2011, 06:30 PM
The bug must have really liked the shows you watch.