PDA

View Full Version : restraunt.com / Killer Deals.....

awsomeears
10-25-2011, 06:05 PM
Boss got me hooked on this, so far I have bought one $25 dollar gift card for $1 and another for $2...

Girl friend and I went to " The Olive Pit " near down town and had a Huge pizza ( Really Fucking GOOD !!! ) 4 beers and one appetizer for a total of $22 :-0 came to $27 with $5 dollar tip...

2nd is a little mexican place in Cudahy, awesome food same deal same savings..

Everyone is different, most you have to spend $10 or $15 over but you do anyways with drinks and appetizers.

Great way to Try different places !!!

05caddyext
10-25-2011, 06:55 PM
Just have to be careful using that. A lot of places don't take them anymore or they have 1 or 2 tables set up for it, and they are always booked up. There are a lot of places that don't take them anymore, to many hassles.

awsomeears
10-25-2011, 07:08 PM
Are you speaking from experience or he said she said ????

When I stopped in the Olive Pit I asked " You accept these right " ( was my 1st time using the gift card ) and he laughed and said " Yea and the other thousand we got "

They were happy to have new faces in there....

0TransAm0
10-25-2011, 07:29 PM
Been using that for awhile now. Like you said its a great way to try new places.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk

jimez1
10-25-2011, 08:04 PM
Been using them for a while as well. Only thing the certificates dont"t apply to is drinks. But when you are getting 25 dollar dinners for a cheap price, why not make up the difference in drinks, or tip if the service is good.

88Nightmare
10-25-2011, 08:10 PM
I use groupon for this kind of thing. $25 for a $50 gift certificate for wards house of prime. Who doesn't love a good piece of prime rib?

stenchmiester
10-25-2011, 09:37 PM
brad would you ne speaking of la salsa? if so love that place

awsomeears
10-25-2011, 09:49 PM
brad would you ne speaking of la salsa? if so love that place

Sure am !!!

Been there for 4 years drove past it a hundred times as its 10 blocks away and never gave it a try, last month girl and I went in and were very surprised !!!

Nickerz
10-29-2011, 12:22 PM
Are you speaking from experience or he said she said ????

When I stopped in the Olive Pit I asked " You accept these right " ( was my 1st time using the gift card ) and he laughed and said " Yea and the other thousand we got "

They were happy to have new faces in there....

We did the restaurant.com thing a couple times. It was mainly a hassle. A lot of places just said they were XYZ on main street, and then you would get there and it would be some totally different place trying to get you to sit down and eat there. Then there were rules not listed for some places, others just treated you hostile. We really only had one decent experience using it, but the place we went to (Bigg's Roadhouse) was just too inconsistent. Ultimately it was shitty and reminded me why most restaurants deserve to fail.

Z You L8r
10-30-2011, 06:01 AM
You don't have to let the restaurant know that you have the restaurant.com or groupon until the waiter/waitress comes buy and asks if you would like anything else. When you don't want anything else you give them the paper and they total up your bill. They don't know you have one until right at the end when you are done. I've used this probably 50 times and have never had a problem.