PDA

View Full Version : STOLEN Grand National, tow vehicle, and more....

srt4eh
10-24-2011, 05:23 PM
http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421877

Supposedly spotted heading north from Bowling Green....be on the lookout please!

GHOSST
10-24-2011, 05:30 PM
Wow! Just read the forum, that is whole lot of big moving parts to miss... If it hasn't been located by now, I don't see a happy ending, but I'm sure it will be found.

Ricky Bobby
10-24-2011, 05:31 PM
Jims is fine he said so on the buick forum

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/stolen-buick-information-exchange-vin-check/362427-five-cars-trucks-trailers-stolen-bowling-green.html#post2889615

GHOSST
10-24-2011, 05:34 PM
Jims is fine he said so on the buick forum

Does Jim know the guy?

michelle
10-24-2011, 05:51 PM
Jim drove someone else's GNX back. The car wasn't touched when we left the hotel Sunday morning.

Very sad for all those involved. Saw that truck/trailer/car leave the track Saturday. Just sickening to hear it was stolen along with other vehicles as well.

GHOSST
10-24-2011, 06:23 PM
Wow! Gone in 60 seconds much? This is crazy...

This is either some professional handy work, or something more sinister all together...

Reverend Cooper
10-24-2011, 06:32 PM
inside job i bet

BadAzzGTA89
10-24-2011, 06:59 PM
Would make me sick hell makes me sick just thinking about it.

GTSLOW
10-24-2011, 07:01 PM
That sucks. Hate to say it but for someone to do something like this had it planned out and I'm sure the part out was pre-planned as well. IMO it's gone for good.

Waver
10-24-2011, 07:16 PM
This is very close to what happened at the olds nationals.....some of them were recovered.....

FoxStang
10-24-2011, 08:30 PM
This really sucks, I hope everyone has ample insurance.

Dr.Buick
10-24-2011, 08:56 PM
Lets See a REAL GNX parked 100 feet away no alarm not on a trailer and was still in the lot sunday am. this GNX has beed at the buick nationals like this for 20 years never touched. as we all know you can steel a 78-88 gbody in 15 sec max looks fishy to me. one one was on a newer dodge ram you need to program thoes keys not just driving off with that

GHOSST
10-24-2011, 09:20 PM
I hope everyone has ample insurance.

Makes you wonder about ulterior motives... times are tough. I heard about people setting their cars on fire purposefully just to claim the insurance, or have someone "steal" them..

I wonder what kind of insurance you get on a classic race car, I imagine it depends on whats done to it... What would a classic car like this claim? Plus the trailer, plus the truck... That's going to net a good claim if its never found.. hmmm

CarrotTop
10-24-2011, 10:38 PM
Posted this on one of the largest paintball forums in the world in the auto section. For people to keep there eyes open.

Seems from yellowbullet cars were spotted heading north to MI

GHOSST
10-24-2011, 11:19 PM
Posted this on one of the largest paintball forums in the world in the auto section. For people to keep there eyes open.

Seems from yellowbullet cars were spotted heading north to MI

It seems they've been spotted numerous times. I hope the criminals are dumb enough to stay on the road, this should be over soon..

Yeehaw
10-25-2011, 11:48 AM
Makes you wonder about ulterior motives... times are tough. I heard about people setting their cars on fire purposefully just to claim the insurance, or have someone "steal" them..

I wonder what kind of insurance you get on a classic race car, I imagine it depends on whats done to it... What would a classic car like this claim? Plus the trailer, plus the truck... That's going to net a good claim if its never found.. hmmm

that's a lot to assume, considering 5 vehicles in total were stolen

michelle
10-25-2011, 01:14 PM
Makes me sad when people are quick to assume insurance fraud.

Cryptic
10-25-2011, 03:51 PM
Makes me sad you discount it... 5 cars, same hotel. There's some shady people out there.

This same shit happened a couple years ago with people caravaning to some race.

Ricky Bobby
10-25-2011, 03:55 PM
^^truth

michelle
10-25-2011, 03:59 PM
Makes me sad you discount it... 5 cars, same hotel. There's some shady people out there.

This same shit happened a couple years ago with people caravaning to some race.

I meant it in the manner that our world is full of plenty of people that commit insurance fraud. It's sad there are people like that. I can completely see the assumption going that way. Which is sad.

jakedrew
10-25-2011, 05:32 PM
not good.

I let the owner of a shop in central wisconsin (Doneright automotive) know. He works on all kinds of different stuff. He will pass the word on . Never know.

GHOSST
10-25-2011, 06:29 PM
Makes me sad when people are quick to assume insurance fraud.

Well it makes me sad people commit insurance fraud. I don't know this man personally. Its just my opinion on forum.

that's a lot to assume, considering 5 vehicles in total were stolen

Here we go, attack my opinion. I'm just keeping an open mind, I never once blasted anyone outright. I would make a terrible policeman if I just believed everything I saw or heard with a quick change of hands. Like I said before, lots of cars stolen, from the same lot I see now, that's a lot to miss, so either the crooks new exactly what they were doing, and who they were doing it too, and how to do it, or something else is going on. That is ALL I'm saying.

More importantly, I hope the cars are found. This situation sucks for matter what...

VroomPshhTsi
10-25-2011, 06:46 PM
I saw a trailered GNX coming home from Minneapolis on Sunday but this one had a cowl hood and different rims.

PB86MCSS
10-25-2011, 08:32 PM
They will probably end up in Memphis, some recovered stripped and some never to be found, IMO. Maybe the ATL area. G-bodies especially Turbo Regals have always been targets and easy to take unless you take measures to make it harder for dirtballs to get them. As mentioned, similar happened in 09' at an Olds or Hurst Olds event in Indy, AFAIK only one of the four was recovered, stripped. A big event with quality cars together makes for a target. The others surely VIN swaps and probably "done up" much different than stock.

Hopefully with all the boards sharing this story the thieves feel the heat on and they dump the stuff before doing much if anything.

michelle
11-11-2011, 06:09 AM
Some good news.

At this time the car and trailer are recovered. My car is intact. My truck is still missing.

I can not go into detail becasue the investigation is still on going. But one actor is in custody.

A big thank you to everyone that assisted in me finding my vehicle(s).

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7393471&postcount=177

GTSLOW
11-11-2011, 01:08 PM
Scam....

UnderPSI
11-11-2011, 02:06 PM
^^^^^^^^^^

Cryptic
11-11-2011, 02:18 PM
OMGz... they miraculously found the car intact. Praise Jebus.

Dr.Buick
11-11-2011, 05:36 PM
OMGz... they miraculously found the car intact. Praise Jebus.

on the trailer too?????? your not taking a stolen car to much up i65 unless it left right after the races and reported sunday

PB86MCSS
11-11-2011, 05:40 PM
Scam? I don't get it..

Glad they found the car and trailer, intact nonetheless. Surprising but with all the attention it got I suppose the guy was trying to keep it under wraps, or wait to ship the car overseas whole? Surely the other one is in the Detroit area as well.

GHOSST
11-11-2011, 10:07 PM
Glad they found some stuff. I bet the thieves or thief probably got spooked with all this viral attention, or someone got spooked :).

BigSnailBuick
11-12-2011, 06:29 PM
Not a hard car to steal....I can switch the ignition out in 10 minutes if im relaxing lol