PDA

View Full Version : Hales Corners, Franklin, Oak Creek, Greenfield fire departments could become 1

easytoremember
10-23-2011, 09:37 PM
http://www.fox6now.com/news/witi-20111023-fire-dept-consolidation,0,2614805.story

hmmmm... I think the point of "If I'm having a heart attack I'm not looking what the side of the truck says.:" is pretty valid. Assuming response times and / or my taxes don't sky rocket.

Cryptic
10-24-2011, 08:21 AM
I bet there's lots of overhead that could be consolidated and still have the same level of service.

03CVLX
10-24-2011, 08:59 AM
One thing to remember also with all of this.. Currently as the system is setup if there is a house fire. They activate MABAS(Mutual aid box alarm system) If there is a fire lets say in Greenfield. When they activate MABAS, depending on how big of a fire it is. It gives them units from Hales Corners, Greendale, Franklin, Oak creek, Milwaukee, West Allis, even as far away as North Shore Fire and Brookfield is very possible.

Your getting these same units ANYWAY.. Why not consolidate and save some cash where they can. Also the article is slightly wrong. Its Greendale who is holding out on chipping in for the study, not Greenfield like it said.

Korndogg
10-24-2011, 09:14 AM
^^^They said Greendale refused to chip in money in the video.

They were at the Greenfield fire station.

03CVLX
10-24-2011, 09:21 AM
Yeah, saw video yesterday which is how I knew that. I didn't notice the video link in the article above though till now. They have it wrong in the actual article though lol

-stew-
10-25-2011, 06:54 PM
http://www.fox6now.com/news/witi-20111023-fire-dept-consolidation,0,2614805.story

hmmmm... I think the point of "If I'm having a heart attack I'm not looking what the side of the truck says.:" is pretty valid. Assuming response times and / or my taxes don't sky rocket.

Maybe people should call an amberlamps when they are having a heart attack. You'd think the firefighters would be too busy running into burning buildings with the way they talk (and the excuse they cited when they asked for (and got) their recent ~10% raise.)

/rant

Crawlin
10-25-2011, 07:10 PM
weird.. they must have threatened work stoppages and strikes and all kinds of other shit. or did they?

ahhh welll. i still get to laugh at the Milwaukee Chief saying that while their response time is HIGHER, that the crime is LOWER... how the FUCK does that work? You have LESS going on, so you are slower to the spot? Doesn't add up.