PDA

View Full Version : Hawaii....?

srt4eh
10-20-2011, 08:56 PM
I just got word that I've come down on orders to report to Schofield Barracks, Hawaii. Anyone ever been there? And apparently I can only take one car....hmmm....tough choice as to which one to take...:crying

Prince Valiant
10-20-2011, 09:49 PM
Never been, but get a wrangler. Brother-in-law was out there for the air force and used one. Perfect Hawaiian vehicle. Congrats!

FoxStang
10-20-2011, 10:23 PM
Cool for a bit, then it starts to get depressing when you realize your in the middle of nowhere. Though I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

GHOSST
10-20-2011, 10:50 PM
I'd take whichever one is your DD, from what I hear people recycle fun cars over there all the time, so there is never a shortage of something fun to wrench on.

885.0stang
10-20-2011, 11:58 PM
take whatever car u dont care about rusting and turing red inside. pretty much everything metal there rusts. when i was over there everything was rusting. the closer u are to the water the worse it is. as for the red interior, the red dirt gets everywhere and is impossible to keep under control.

Crawlin
10-21-2011, 06:11 AM
i do believe there is no dragstrip anymore, so no point in taking anything fast/fun.

I'd agree with the Wrangler thing, but put some lift and offroad tires on it otherwise.... it might just look "tthhhhhhssssssuuuuuuupppppeeeeeerrrr"

srt4eh
10-21-2011, 04:09 PM
We have been talking about trading in our 07 STi for a Forester or a Jeep GC so that may happen before we go. After looking into the yearly vehicle inspections....I've come to realize that none of my neons would pass a "legit" inspection lol...

jimez1
10-22-2011, 11:31 PM
Not sure where that base is. I am in and out of Hickam a couple times a year. If that is the base that is in the interior of the island near the Dole fields, then you are set. A bit of a drive to the water but, you will still have access to Hale Koa, and everything else Wikiki beach has to offer. Congrats man! I envy you! I would love the assignment of being stationed there. Just remember, until your get your Hawaii ID, use your military ID to the fullest! You will not have to pay the tourist tax!

srt4eh
10-23-2011, 08:12 PM
Taken from the almighty Wikipedia: Schofield Barracks is a United States Army post and census-designated place (CDP) located in the City and County of Honolulu and in the Wahiawa District of the island of Oʻahu, Hawaiʻi, United States. Schofield Barracks lies adjacent to the town of Wahiawā, separated from most of it by Lake Wilson (also known as Wahiawā Reservoir).

We are pretty excited about seeing a new place...should be a good time.

94greenbandit
10-24-2011, 07:36 AM
Hawaii is awesome, I am jealous. Have a great time there

GTSLOW
10-24-2011, 02:00 PM
LOL have you taken a look at what the BAH is there. Also take a look at craigslist there. I'd take a fun car there and just buy a cheap cherokee or YJ/TJ when you get there and sell it when you leave.

Ah I'll be on PCS leave here on december 20th I can't wait!!!!!!