PDA

View Full Version : Badger Guns Closing

94greenbandit
10-18-2011, 12:01 AM
Seems they are losing their license at the end of the year, and I guess are trying to get rid of their inventory by then

spooln30
10-18-2011, 02:56 AM
Good Ridence. Should be able to find a good deal if they are indeed closing. Well maybe.

94greenbandit
10-18-2011, 07:30 AM
They also said that they will try to open another store in another municipality

TheRX7Project
10-18-2011, 09:07 AM
I am going shopping today, it seems.

EDIT: and it's a shame. They were good guys who just got screwed by the media and location. They never did anything wrong. 4473's are 4473's.

03CVLX
10-18-2011, 09:22 AM
I really would like to know the real reason/reasons that they are losing their license. If there is proven wrong doing, then good riddance, and I hope the FEDs don't let them slip thru the cracks and open up another store anywhere let alone nearby. BUT... if it truly was the media and MPD/WMPD then its a bit unfortunate and maybe a move would do them good.

I've never bought a gun. What is a 4473??

**Edit** Ok Now as of 10 mins ago JSonline says Badger is Surrendering their License...So what is the real story??

Russ Jerome
10-18-2011, 09:33 AM
I've purchased long guns from them years back, always competative pricing.
Always quetioned why they got such bad PR and nobody else did, if you wanted to shoot yourself that seamed to be the hot spot.
A lot of the bad media apeared to be sting related from what I read, could be wrong may just be location (hoodrats).

94greenbandit
10-18-2011, 09:36 AM
It almost sounds like they are being forced in a sense because they are being blamed for their guns being involved in so many crimes.

4473 is a Firearm Transaction Record

WI_Dave
10-18-2011, 10:13 AM
I am going shopping today, it seems.

EDIT: and it's a shame. They were good guys who just got screwed by the media and location. They never did anything wrong. 4473's are 4473's.

I agree from what I have seen. I watched them throw a couple out cause it was obvious (IMO) the girl was gonna buy for her gang banger looking boyfriend, they called her on it and threw them both out.

BR3W CITY
10-18-2011, 10:17 AM
anyone know if they really are selling off anything cheap? My pop is looking for his first pistol.

Rocket Power
10-18-2011, 11:53 AM
Never been a fan of them.

Yooformula
10-18-2011, 01:38 PM
Sucks for Adam and those guys. They did try but their location and clientele really made it hard for them. I know he took it very hard each time someone killed themselves and questioned whether or not he wanted to continue. I believe they will try to open it somewhere else where they can have less of the crap bangers always trying to pull shit over on them.

fivonut
10-18-2011, 05:38 PM
I really would like to know the real reason/reasons that they are losing their license. If there is proven wrong doing, then good riddance, and I hope the FEDs don't let them slip thru the cracks and open up another store anywhere let alone nearby. BUT... if it truly was the media and MPD/WMPD then its a bit unfortunate and maybe a move would do them good.

I've never bought a gun. What is a 4473??

**Edit** Ok Now as of 10 mins ago JSonline says Badger is Surrendering their License...So what is the real story??

What I've heard from people who claim to be in the know is that the Milwaukee PD has filed complaint after complaint about them to the BATFE. I have also seen that they rank #1 in the nation regarding guns they sold being used in crimes. Now, all that means is that a large majority of guns they sold have had a trace run on them. Being in the area they are in, it's not surprising, but it's still BS.

Moparjim
10-18-2011, 08:39 PM
Several officers that were shot with guns purchased there also filed lawsuits.

Wagonbacker9
10-18-2011, 09:40 PM
If the reporting I heard is true, theres a fair chance that they will reopen the shop under Mike's name in the same location. Its being reported as a "loophole", but I agree with the general concensus here that they are being painted as the bad guys making perfectly legal sales to straw buyers, or legal buyers (I care not which, because either way the buyer is the criminal) who cause their guns to end up in crimes. They should be chasing down the straw buyers (who are tied to those guns via federal paperwork) and prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law. I give them permission to check DMV, land title, and rental records and knock on the door of anyone registered to a gun used in a crime. If they can provide a reasonable bill of sale/transfer paperwork, great. Otherwise, lock em up. Blaming the shop is stupid, because criminals WILL go elsewhere.

Several officers that were shot with guns purchased there also filed lawsuits.

See, I don't get that. If they followed the regulations for the execution of a sale... what more do you expect from them? Should they start profiling criminals? Sounds like a recipe for a law suit to me.

spooln30
10-18-2011, 10:08 PM
Well I just saw on the news that Badger is not closing. Their just not selling gun anymore. So the range will still be open as well as CCW classes and gun accessories.

Wagonbacker9
10-18-2011, 10:11 PM
Well I just saw on the news that Badger is not closing. Their just not selling gun anymore. So the range will still be open as well as CCW classes and gun accessories.

And as I said before, most likely, the gun shop will open under a new name with a new owner.

spooln30
10-18-2011, 10:16 PM
Wow back that wagon up. LOL. I was just confirming the status.

Fox 6 did state that the "owner" said it will remain open without gun sales. So I think the ownership and name will remain the same.

Wagonbacker9
10-18-2011, 10:51 PM
Wow back that wagon up. LOL. I was just confirming the status.

Fox 6 did state that the "owner" said it will remain open without gun sales. So I think the ownership and name will remain the same.

I have no more proof, I'm parroting the report I heard..

TheRX7Project
10-19-2011, 09:29 AM
If the reporting I heard is true, theres a fair chance that they will reopen the shop under Mike's name in the same location. Its being reported as a "loophole", but I agree with the general concensus here that they are being painted as the bad guys making perfectly legal sales to straw buyers, or legal buyers (I care not which, because either way the buyer is the criminal) who cause their guns to end up in crimes. They should be chasing down the straw buyers (who are tied to those guns via federal paperwork) and prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law. I give them permission to check DMV, land title, and rental records and knock on the door of anyone registered to a gun used in a crime. If they can provide a reasonable bill of sale/transfer paperwork, great. Otherwise, lock em up. Blaming the shop is stupid, because criminals WILL go elsewhere...

There is really no such thing as gun "registration". And FTF sales (face-to-face) are a legal practice. While I'd never sell a gun FTF without some sort of bill of sale (to cover my ass), it's not illegal to simply trade cash for gun and go on your way, without even knowing the other party's name.

But yes, if it's clear someone was a straw buyer they should be convicted of the FELONY FEDERAL crime, not simply a MISDEMEANOR by the state (WI law makes it only a misdemeanor- meaning these same people can go straw buy again.)

And yes, after Badger, another shop will be #1- and I bet it's another one in the area like Shooter's or even Fletcher's.

Yooformula
10-19-2011, 09:52 AM
So Mike is taking over the ownership and Adam will no longer be part owner. Once the transition in owners is complete, they will continue to sell firearms.

Nickerz
10-19-2011, 07:23 PM
Well now that they're closing no more guns will be used in crimes :thumbsup The logic is flawless! :rolf They'll just come from the next closest gun shop now.

Rocket Power
10-19-2011, 09:22 PM
No they'll still come from there, because they're just going to do a license switch .... again. :goof

Crawlin
10-20-2011, 09:50 AM
Should we also close down the plant that produces the alcohol that results in the largest casualty rate in drunk driving accidents? I mean Miller Brewery should be shut down. Or is it not really their responsibility, it's the bars themselves. So lets shut down the bar with the highest drunk driving rate. I mean, it's not the PEOPLE's decisions that are making them drink too much and drive, it's the bar owners forcing them to drink and allowing all those underagers in their with their fake ID's and then causing all those drunk driving accidents. They've caused more deaths than Badger has by a LONG shot.

What they should do is just open up in a different area. But still, being the cheapest place locally, that is where they are gonna end up. Cabela's is too far. Fletcher's isnt cheapeast and they don't have the biggest selection. It's a nice place to go shooting, but that's what it really is for. Shooting range with some selection. Shooter's Shop or whatever is a joke. Badger had the most professional storefront of the three. Don't like the clients that are shooting, go tell Adam or Mikey and they'll do something about it if someone is being unsafe. I've watched them do it. I've asked them to do it.

Knowing both Adam and Mike personally as well, and they are two upstanding people. You operate a business in a crappy area, and you get people that are making poor decisions that in ALOT of cases are unable tell true intent. Or you get the wannabes that don't have criminal records going there because it is the cheapest place that you can get stuff. Sure you can get stuff through online cheaper, but seriously, do you really think those people know how to get an FFL transfer? I purchased that .22lr Sig Mosquito for my girlfriend at the time. She shot it, she used it... that was a straw purchase then right? Cabela's sold me the gun knowing she was gonna shoot it. So they should be shut down too right?

Some of the people's responses are just plain silly

Russ Jerome
10-20-2011, 11:46 AM
Guns kill people just like spoons made Rosie Odonald fat......Im with the guy above^^^
I can kill a man with my hands as fast as a gun,maybe they will haul my ISKA experienced hands away :(

Anybody been to Badger this week? I could use a cheap upper for a trunk gun project.

Mudd Runner
10-22-2011, 06:35 AM
Should we also close down the plant that produces the alcohol that results in the largest casualty rate in drunk driving accidents? I mean Miller Brewery should be shut down. Or is it not really their responsibility, it's the bars themselves. So lets shut down the bar with the highest drunk driving rate. I mean, it's not the PEOPLE's decisions that are making them drink too much and drive, it's the bar owners forcing them to drink and allowing all those underagers in their with their fake ID's and then causing all those drunk driving accidents. They've caused more deaths than Badger has by a LONG shot.

What they should do is just open up in a different area. But still, being the cheapest place locally, that is where they are gonna end up. Cabela's is too far. Fletcher's isnt cheapeast and they don't have the biggest selection. It's a nice place to go shooting, but that's what it really is for. Shooting range with some selection. Shooter's Shop or whatever is a joke. Badger had the most professional storefront of the three. Don't like the clients that are shooting, go tell Adam or Mikey and they'll do something about it if someone is being unsafe. I've watched them do it. I've asked them to do it.

Knowing both Adam and Mike personally as well, and they are two upstanding people. You operate a business in a crappy area, and you get people that are making poor decisions that in ALOT of cases are unable tell true intent. Or you get the wannabes that don't have criminal records going there because it is the cheapest place that you can get stuff. Sure you can get stuff through online cheaper, but seriously, do you really think those people know how to get an FFL transfer? I purchased that .22lr Sig Mosquito for my girlfriend at the time. She shot it, she used it... that was a straw purchase then right? Cabela's sold me the gun knowing she was gonna shoot it. So they should be shut down too right?

Some of the people's responses are just plain silly

^^^This^^^
I went to school with Mike and have bought 2 guns from them and plan to buy more if Mike does end up taking over and getting the ffl in his name. I have witnessed them tell people to leave example guy and a girl come in start looking around see something they like in the used gun case guy asks to see said firearm they ask for id he doesn’t have it on him they tell him can’t see it until we see id. Well the girl goes what if I just buy it I have my id the couple was asked to leave. There is no way to know for sure if someone is coming in to make a straw purchase and if the person who came into buy it can legally get the firearm there isn’t a lot the gun shop can do. If there was a gander mountain or cabelas near where badger is located you bet you would have plenty of those gun showing up as well, hell i was at cabelas and there was a bunch of "thugs" looking at high points. MPD needs to stop blaming Badger for shit and start going after the straw buyers.