PDA

View Full Version : Carbed LS1?

SMS 1
08-27-2004, 07:50 PM
Just wanted to see how the new laptop does with the board here and I remembered a HotRod blurp I saw about an Edelbrock intake/ignition combo for coverting LS1's to carb. Why would anyone want to do that other than for a class of racing that does not allow FI? Just thought I'd throw it out to you guys regardless.

Crawlin
08-27-2004, 10:26 PM
i'm thinking about doing it. just for the hell of it. the edelbrock stuff is more for the hot rod guys. you know a '32 ford kit car with an LS1 but carbed. just makes it easier for the backyard hot rodder.

now on the other hand, there is a GM Performance Parts LS1 carbed intake. it's a single plane and has shown some nice gains on the dyno. The thing most people do is use this intake and convert it to EFI. proven when ported to be better than the LS6 intakes.

Chris

SMS 1
08-27-2004, 11:11 PM
Ya I didn't really look at it from the "rod" pov. I see what you mean about the GM EFI re-convertion though, do they even make tunnel rams for those yet? Or at least something similar? I have to assume there are some guys out there running super high r's with these things, it would make sense.

Crawlin
08-27-2004, 11:26 PM
just the GMPP intake converter to EFI with a FAST system on it for a 414cid solid roller/sprayed motor going mid 9's :)

Knyghtmare
08-28-2004, 12:18 PM
At this ******* rate, I think I am headed down this route... for fucks sake...