PDA

View Full Version : Refrigerator going?

Cutlass Queen
10-17-2011, 08:17 AM
I've noticed that the last few days the fridge I have doesn't seem to be keeping things as cold as it should. Ice cream in a container seems more like a soft custard, drinks aren't as cold as they should be, yogurt, etc. Before this happened I cleaned out the drain lines in the fridge since water seemed to be gathering under the crisper - fixed that issue. I cleaned all the dust over the years out of the heating coils on the bottom part of the fridge as well. Is there anything else worth trying to maybe save this fridge for a bit longer? I'd hate to buy a new one right now so any ideas be worth a shot for me.

theavenger333
10-17-2011, 11:57 AM
you pretty much covered it, clean out the coils, etc. how old is it?

Cutlass Queen
10-17-2011, 12:18 PM
you pretty much covered it, clean out the coils, etc. how old is it?
not 100% sure, it came with the purchase of the home but it does seem to be an older model Whirlpool.

theavenger333
10-17-2011, 08:42 PM
most fridges last between 9-15 years. some less. it's probably dying if you got no results with anything you did...

wheelsofsteel
10-19-2011, 08:01 AM
There should be an adjustment/dial (usually numbered) somewhere inside of the fridge. Maybe that is turned down if it wasnt going to be used for sometime. Once the fridge/freezer is packed with stuff it isn't going to keep everything as cool IF that setting is turned down. Just a thought.