PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Outside Dog Kennel

Cutlass Queen
10-12-2011, 10:10 AM
So last night I decided to bring home a new addition to the family and adopted a dog from the humane society. This dog in particular I saw a few weeks back when I went walking around looking at puppies...thought she was cute but wasn't sure on her size. So I kept looking online hoping she get adopted since she was there a little over a month, and when she wasn't decided to experience her personality first hand. Needless to say my heart went out to her hearing she was an older stray dog needing a caring owner.

Because she is partially mixed with a certain breed, I am in need of an outside fenced dog kennel for her since I didn't plan on putting up a privacy fence around the house until next spring. Does anyone know of one for sale at a reasonable price? I'm going to be looking on craigslist but thought I'd run it past here first.

Thanks! Deana

Yooformula
10-12-2011, 10:40 AM
Congrats. What kind of dog? Post some pics.

Prince Valiant
10-12-2011, 01:59 PM
Before you shop for an outdoor kennel, go to home depot/menards/etc and price out the fence sections. I built an indoor/outdoor kennel into the back of the garage.

The sections are like 6 ft tall, 5 or 6 feet wide. iirc, ~ 30 bucks a section, they connect easily enough. The also sell sections with doors, which I bought two for a gate in the garage and a gate outside the garage. I configured mine with a 20 ft run outside. It was easy to cut the "doggy door" for the dog to hop out of. Put some cedar chips in the inside portion, but you can also keep it clean and put a bed down.

Dr.Buick
10-12-2011, 05:39 PM
100.00 you can have the one in my back yard

Cutlass Queen
10-13-2011, 07:39 AM
Jim can you post pics of yours? How big?

Prince I was thinking of that too but didn't know how involved it was - I've grown up with smaller dogs so with the new one being bigger it's all new to me...never cared for outside kennels but with her she needs one.

Yoo I adopted a mixed dog not 100% sure exactly what kind of breed but for sure has some alaskan husky in here since 1 eye is light blue and the other eye is brown with light blue on the top part of it. She's fawn and white colored with a small thin line on her back of the alaskan husky color. I'll take some pics and post them soon - she's been camera shy for me so far.