PDA

View Full Version : Lexus (dog, not car) needs a new home....again

GOOD LS1
10-10-2011, 06:28 PM
We adopted Lexus from Williams 2 years ago. She is a 4 year old pitbull terrier and sweet as can be. I have no fears with her around my 2 year old and 4 month old daughter (supervised as all pets are around my children). We are looking to rehome her as two dogs has now become too much work for me while staying home with the children all day. Lexus does have allergies that we have an ongoing battle with and needs someone who can devote a bit more time than I can with her care.

I'm not looking for a rehoming fee but will want her adopter to attend a vet appt with us so you can ask any questions you may have to the vet as well. And we would be more than willing to split her vet bill 50/50 since she is coming up due for shots. We want to be sure her new family keeps her UPD on shots as well and has the means to take her to the vet when needed.

Lexus is spayed, fully grown at about 60 lbs. As of right now she is UPD on all shots but is due for wellness exam, bordetella, leptospirosis and HW test on 11/8/11. As for her allergies, we have taken her to the vet numerous times for it and have no real answer. I have tried every food diet for her, baking chicken and rice and carrots for her for months and that did nothing for her. So she is now back on reg dog food. The allergies seem to go in spurts. They get bad right around now when the weather starts drying out and again in the middle of summer when dandelions are at their peak. She will nibble at her paws and lick her bottom and has a head shake that can get severe enough to break the tips of her ears when they are hitting her head so much. The tips of her ears are currently scabbed up as I think we got through the worst of the itchiness again. Her ears need to be cleaned with a simple dog ear cleaner (that can be found at any pet store) and a cotton swab. I don't tend to get much out of them but the vets keep telling me that's whats making her shake her head. She has a shampoo called Cortisoothe, its the one I got from the vet still. The directions say bathe about once a week. I only do it when she gets pretty itchy as she isn't fond of water but will tolerate it. I also had asked previously and oatmeal baths are good for her too just to help sooth her skin. I also have a topical spray that is supposed to be sprayed on skin for itching. We were basically given an answer of she's just an allergic dog. She is also able to take benadryl. Just the same kind over the counter that we take for allergies.

SLONOMA
10-10-2011, 09:53 PM
Wish I didn't have 2 crazy pups already, I would take her in a second.
From the couple times I was ever around her, seemed like a great dog. Know she'll find a good home.

flyin_blue_egg
10-11-2011, 10:24 AM
Damn....If I didn't live in a duplex (and have one dog already) I'd take her in a heartbeat...my cousin has 3 of them and she loves them to death.

J-Bru-Ha Z-28
10-11-2011, 12:54 PM
If the city of South Milwaukee did not have a ban on all Pit Bull or any mix of a Pit Bull we would in a heartbeat she looks like a sweetheart. Best of luck finding a new home for her!

GTSLOW
10-11-2011, 06:58 PM
If the city of South Milwaukee did not have a ban on all Pit Bull or any mix of a Pit Bull we would in a heartbeat she looks like a sweetheart. Best of luck finding a new home for her!

Hmmm someone else from South Milwaukee?

J-Bru-Ha Z-28
10-12-2011, 01:16 PM
Hmmm someone else from South Milwaukee?

Moved here a couple of years ago...since we didn't think we would have a problem with our Boxer we never bothered to check the local dog ordinance. Now we will have to wait on getting a pit or any kind of mix.

GOOD LS1
10-19-2011, 07:21 PM
Bump.....