PDA

View Full Version : To rent or buy water softener ?

awsomeears
10-08-2011, 11:31 AM
Might be serious on a home, only thing I know JACK about is the water softener. Obviously the home has a well..

So Rent ?
Buy one ?
Any other options to soften water ?

For those that have a softener how much do you invest in tablets ?

I'll be googling later tonight !!!

Thanks...

Sprayaway Fox
10-08-2011, 01:29 PM
Depends really if you plan on staying there for years or not. The people I bought my house rented it, it was a newer unit but they deduct how old it is if you decide to buy it.

If you plan on staying past 5-7 years I would just buy it.IMO

As for salt tablets it depends what kind of water you have if it has iron in it or not. People go through bags differently, Im a single homeowner and do 4 loads of laundry a week and shower everyday. If I fill mine up to the top About every year I have to fill it from half back up to full. It cycles everyday.

awsomeears
10-08-2011, 06:59 PM
Depends really if you plan on staying there for years or not. The people I bought my house rented it, it was a newer unit but they deduct how old it is if you decide to buy it.

If you plan on staying past 5-7 years I would just buy it.IMO

As for salt tablets it depends what kind of water you have if it has iron in it or not. People go through bags differently, Im a single homeowner and do 4 loads of laundry a week and shower everyday. If I fill mine up to the top About every year I have to fill it from half back up to full. It cycles everyday.

Ohhhhh shit I was thinking like every month you got to fill them back up, so you fill it up %100 and by then end of a full 365 year interval you have to add about %50 ?

Of course it all depends on the water, the home is in Franklin... If I get this home I will look into city water as the neighbors have it asap !!!

brotherbenn83
10-09-2011, 12:13 PM
the home is in Franklin
Enjoy their taxes...

awsomeears
10-09-2011, 12:34 PM
Enjoy their taxes...

Yea they are High !!!!

But unlike here in Cudahy, South milwaukee, soon to be New Berlin and so on there are no REAL trashy area's or Rentals littered everywhere, and I'm a renter its just a fact....

Dr.Buick
10-09-2011, 12:42 PM
You get softer at fleet farm ot menards. I traded some work with a plumber up here he did a softer and iron filter. and from what I recall they are not pricey