PDA

View Full Version : Positive Review for Jim Neuman and Neuman Concrete Construction

pOrk
10-07-2011, 02:15 PM
Just thought I would toss this info up for anyone looking for a decent concrete guy. I needed a 250 sq ft slab poured and posted an ad on craigslist and got about 40 emails. Jim Neuman quoted me 965 to excavate, compact 2-3" of gravel, build the form, pour 4" and finish the concrete. I got 2 bids near his and the rest averaged around 1400-1600 bucks. He came today got the job done in about 4 hours and did a hell of a job.

Seems there are always a few people looking for concrete work on this forum, and I am very happy with the results these guys did. Its a father son team, and if you need anything quoted give them a call! Jim Neuman: 414 491 5614

Eric Fowler from Wauwatosa sent ya!

Yooformula
10-07-2011, 02:40 PM
Very cool.good info to remember.

sent from my phone dammit

CATNHAT
10-07-2011, 03:28 PM
Dont forget to seal it. You will have to wait a bit though.

Next, we pour some cold beer on it. And barbeque sauce.

pOrk
10-07-2011, 08:05 PM
He said it would be best to wait to seal it till spring, that sound right? Also do I seal my whole driveway right away or just the new stuff?

awsomeears
10-07-2011, 09:00 PM
Pictures ?

For whatever reason I love seeing new concrete, maybe because I want to write in it !

jbiscuit
10-08-2011, 09:34 AM
The install is just half the job. Lets see what it looks like in a bit after it cures. Seen a lot of concrete jobs that look great when new but after a year they are cracked to hell because the control joints were too infrequent etc. Sounds like a hell of a price though for that much work!

77thor
10-08-2011, 09:38 AM
The install is just half the job. Lets see what it looks like in a bit after it cures. Seen a lot of concrete jobs that look great when new but after a year they are cracked to hell because the control joints were too infrequent etc. Sounds like a hell of a price though for that much work!

Yeah, keep us posted as to how it holds up over the winter.... and I'll keep them in mind for work next year; replacing my garage approach and sidewalk to front door...

awsomeears
10-08-2011, 09:41 AM

My uncle who used to do concrete always said " You get what you pay for......... years down the road with concrete "

Eric did he lay down New gravel that he actually purchased or just flattened what was there ? pea gravel or that white nickel sized white looking rock...

I see so many contractors NOT using any gravel for a base, just flattening down what is there from the previous pour...

Sounds like he did the job right !!!

Good to know !!!

-stew-
10-08-2011, 09:54 AM
Pictures ?

For whatever reason I love seeing new concrete, maybe because I want to write in it !

That's always fun until you have this conversation:

"Why did you write your name in that wet concrete?"

I don't know, it's wet concrete.

"You're gonna lose your job for that."

jbiscuit
10-08-2011, 03:59 PM
Imagine seeing $800k worth of concrete ruined because some asstard drove through it with a Prius! I don't like having that conversation with a client either!

73MACH
10-08-2011, 04:56 PM
We seal our crete at the end of the day, unless it's going to rain. I've never heard of waiting, especially til spring.......Make sure you DON'T salt it at all this winter. It will
cause the surface to pop and cause little craters.

Cjburn
10-08-2011, 07:27 PM
When I did flatwork, we sealed at the end of the day too. Was any wire mesh used or was rebar used to adjoin to existing concrete?

pOrk
10-08-2011, 08:19 PM
He drilled into exsisting driveway in 8 or 10 spots and jammed a foot of rebar into old slab and left a foot hanging out for new concrete to form around, as well as wire mesh alogn the bottom of the 3" compacted gravel base. The job was done right, I'll get to posting photos tomorrow hopefully.

pOrk
10-08-2011, 08:19 PM
We seal our crete at the end of the day, unless it's going to rain. I've never heard of waiting, especially til spring.......Make sure you DON'T salt it at all this winter. It will
cause the surface to pop and cause little craters.

Salt? Car guys actually use SALT on their driveways? Not I, never did never will.

awsomeears
10-08-2011, 08:25 PM
He drilled into exsisting driveway in 8 or 10 spots and jammed a foot of rebar into old slab and left a foot hanging out for new concrete to form around, as well as wire mesh alogn the bottom of the 3" compacted gravel base. The job was done right, I'll get to posting photos tomorrow hopefully.

Wow sounds nice !!!

Car Guy
10-09-2011, 12:17 AM
Car guys actually use SALT on their driveways?

No.

PB86MCSS
10-09-2011, 04:40 PM
Salt? Car guys actually use SALT on their driveways? Not I, never did never will.

The amount of salt your vehicle sees on roads pales in comparison to a driveway...we salt the back steps/entrance, and the slope at the end of our driveway that leads into the road.

pOrk
10-09-2011, 08:48 PM
Lol salting your driveway is still adding more salt, a little more vs a lot more its still more. I don't use salt