PDA

View Full Version : whats it worth?

0TransAm0
10-06-2011, 03:34 PM
well just looking for opinions on what you guys think my car is worth...im tossing around the idea of selling it.....

2000 Transam 5.7l A4
77k miles
pacesetter polished L/T's,OFY,Magnaflow catback
LS6 intake mani
PRC Stage 2.5 5.3l heads
.581/.581-224/224 112lsa Comp Cam
Ls6 oil pump
Double roller timing chain set.
polished fuel rails/black anoidized lines.
new red top battery
misc polished "dress up" covers under the hood.
3.73 gears with TA cover
lowered with HD bilstien shocks and strano springs
BMR panhard rod,rear LCA's(with relocation brackets)
3200 Fuddle Stall converter
Billet Specialties 15x10 rear with MT street radials 15X4 front with MT tires(would include stock wheels with new tires as well..)
Aftermarket Ram air hood(with flat black "blackbird" stripes.
windows have 35% tint.
im sure im missing some stuff but thats the jist of it. car should have just over 400RWHP...
Paint is about a 6-7 out of 10 yoo could make it alot better im sure
interior has its worn spots on the seats and the normal small cracks in the door panels. other than that its good..

any guess's as to what its worth??

pics can be seen here..

http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?45081-Waxed-the-TA..-New-wheels..&highlight=

Bliz35
10-06-2011, 04:19 PM
Looks Sharp, I would wait until spring, I tried selling my mustang last fall, got twice the money this spring. Granted it was only 4 grand but still.

JC70SS
10-06-2011, 07:03 PM
I am gonna say about $12k +/-

Irish
10-06-2011, 08:17 PM
10k- ish?

lilws6
10-06-2011, 10:26 PM
i tossed the idea up on mine a year ago listed it on craigs list at $18k which was outragous but i didn't want to sell it that bad. mine sits about the same milage as yours. i blue book is i think around $13k? i forgot. i'de say if your tossing the idea list it a little high and see what offers come your way. If your not really that into selling just entertain what offers come around and dont sell it. every couple months i think about selling it again lol but i don't think i could ever get rid of this car its way to much fun.

Brian98GTP
10-07-2011, 08:07 AM
Hard to say... Mine has been up for sale on LS1tech for most of the year for only $16k. Its an '01 with only ~30k miles on it, and a lot of mods. Had a lot of interested buyers at first, but none of them could get the financing. The bank would only give them ~$12k. I haven't had a single offer on it in about a month now. Maybe it'll be a different story in spring time...?

BAD LS1
10-07-2011, 08:29 AM
If you are selling a 4th gen for a price in the mid teens or better, its gotta be something desirable with the kinda mods most people cant attain. Heads and cam cars area dime a dozen so that doesnt make it all that sought after. In order for these cars to bring big bank is that it needs to perfect, nearly flawless in every aspect, then again needs to be a power adder car in most cases, turbo is the biggie, then if it has a 12 bolt or 9 inch etc, then its really looking up. Im not trying to be a dick to you guys by any means, im just saying that mods really dont add value to the bottom line short for certain ones. Also black trans am's accounted for 50%+ of over all firebird production year after year. So, my guess is 10k will be the high point you will get after a yoo detail job if you truly want it to go away fast.

lilws6
10-07-2011, 09:54 AM
thats why i like my car its not black ;)

0TransAm0
10-07-2011, 07:23 PM
If you are selling a 4th gen for a price in the mid teens or better, its gotta be something desirable with the kinda mods most people cant attain. Heads and cam cars area dime a dozen so that doesnt make it all that sought after. In order for these cars to bring big bank is that it needs to perfect, nearly flawless in every aspect, then again needs to be a power adder car in most cases, turbo is the biggie, then if it has a 12 bolt or 9 inch etc, then its really looking up. Im not trying to be a dick to you guys by any means, im just saying that mods really dont add value to the bottom line short for certain ones. Also black trans am's accounted for 50%+ of over all firebird production year after year. So, my guess is 10k will be the high point you will get after a yoo detail job if you truly want it to go away fast.

Honestly I figured if I do sell it is be lucky to get 12k... Just wanted to see what other people thought is all...