PDA

View Full Version : Steve Jobs, Dead.

nismodave
10-05-2011, 06:50 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/steve-jobs-apple-ceo-dies/story?id=14383813

lit666
10-05-2011, 07:07 PM
I'm sad over this one. He was a great business man.

Dr.Buick
10-05-2011, 07:24 PM
there is not to many people that don't uses something he had his hands on. I am a happy apple stock holder

FoxStang
10-05-2011, 07:36 PM
there is not to many people that don't uses something he had his hands on. I am a happy apple stock holder

I hope you got in early and have stop loss or puts, aapl is the overvalued stock of the century.

michelle
10-05-2011, 08:09 PM
Sad to hear the news. I'm sure his family, friends, and company will continue with his charity and success.

Nix
10-05-2011, 08:34 PM
What a success story he was. His memory will live on forever. Prayers go out to his loved ones and friends.

RIP

Bliz35
10-06-2011, 09:55 AM
Its amazing to think that someone can have all these crazy ideas in their head and actually act on them! Great vision of the future!

Prince Valiant
10-06-2011, 10:02 AM
Sad to hear the news. I'm sure his family, friends, and company will continue with his charity and success.Actually, interesting that you mention this

Steve Jobs wasn't much of a charitable giver (https://www.google.com/search?q=steve+jobs+charity&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a)

I don't take that as a knock on him...I think a person has a right to be or not be as charitable as they want. Despite his lack of charitable giving though, we're all certainly better off for him having been here. How much his products improved productivity, communication, learning and more. Sure "the rest of us" made him wealthy for it, but there is no denying he left his mark on the world, and left it a better place than he found it. For everyone.

88Nightmare
10-06-2011, 10:22 AM
I agree with Chris... Steve Jobs was an incredible innovator in technology. I hate how America puts pressure on the wealthy to give back... it should be their own decision. I don't care either way, but honestly, I'd rather see a person be a charitable because they want to be than to be charitable just because the general public thinks they should be.

BR3W CITY
10-06-2011, 11:11 AM
Im sad at the loss of a technology innovator; although I'm not a huge fan of apples need to "control" everything they make, after the fact. IF the "new" generation of apple management can keep the innovations coming, but continue to increase the open-ness of the product then some real progress could be made. I don't need another 10 years of apple hyping against itself, and constant re-release of existing products and software (with a small patch) like its the new greatest thing.