PDA

View Full Version : Private dance lessons....

Brian98GTP
10-05-2011, 10:07 AM
I'm looking to get a friend of mine some private 'club dance' lessons for his Bday. Whenever he's out with us and we hit up a club, he just sits in the corner because he can't dance. Its a real drag for everyone else that goes.... so a few of us decided to chip in and get him some lessons! He refuses to let any of us help him or show him anything, so this is the best bet.
Is there any place around here that offers such a thing? We're not looking to get him a big choreographed Usher or Justin Timberlake type dance.... just some basic moves so he isnt so uncomfortable.
:banana1:

Thanks in advance!!

pOrk
10-05-2011, 10:42 AM
Lol highly doubt your plan will work, let us know how he takes the gift and how much longer he talks to you...

GHOSST
10-05-2011, 11:04 AM
Hmmmm, its usually hard to get people out of their shell if its not really there thing. He might feel peer pressure and get upset. Some people just aren't meant to dance, or care too for that matter. I say let him be, one day he just might surprise all you guys! Those are the best times. Possibly causing friction, not a good time.

animal
10-05-2011, 11:59 AM
Its one thing if he mopes and brings everyone down because he is afraid to try, its another if he enjoys sitting and watching and hates dancing. Isn't it in violation of some man law for a guy to require another guy to dance? Tread carefully with this.

Rocket Power
10-05-2011, 12:13 PM
Isn't it in violation of some man law for a guy to require another guy to dance?

This^.

brotherbenn83
10-05-2011, 12:25 PM
Is this for Fred? Cuz if it is, I am also required by man laws to tell everyone at work about this thread...

Brian98GTP
10-05-2011, 12:36 PM
LOL!!
He's the type of guy that would just call you a d1ck or an a$$hole and blow it off...not befriend any of us, lol.
Maybe we can go cheap and just order an instructional DVD or something instead. That way he can do it in the privacy of his apartment where nobody can see him flailing around, haha!

Brian98GTP
10-05-2011, 12:41 PM
Animal, you are correct.... Definitely a fine line with what we're dealing with here! But he is the type to bitch and moan, AFTER agreeing to going...knowing damn well what he's getting into. So last time we kept telling him we were going to get him some private lessons so he could actually enjoy the night. No amount of alcohol helped either, lol. He was puking on the party bus ride home...haha

BR3W CITY
10-05-2011, 03:33 PM
not sure but it seems like the biggest way to get a guy to dance....is to have a girl that wants to dance with him.
I'm not exactly a fan of clubs, but ANY guy (don't care if he's bored or just hates dancing) will get up and get involved if a pretty girl is on the other end.

IcePickFreak
10-05-2011, 04:10 PM
Getting a guy a "private dancer" that doesn't lose their clothing is doing it the wrong way.

BoosTT
10-05-2011, 06:04 PM
not sure but it seems like the biggest way to get a guy to dance....is to have a girl that wants to dance with him.
I'm not exactly a fan of clubs, but ANY guy (don't care if he's bored or just hates dancing) will get up and get involved if a pretty girl is on the other end.

Exactly. Don't look for a dance class, but a hot chick that'll show him.

Why would any male want to dance, beside for the chance to rub against a hot girl??

nismodave
10-05-2011, 06:31 PM
Brian and Pals at the Club...

tdbt-sx5MDc

Sorry man...:goof Too easy.

brotherbenn83
10-06-2011, 12:30 PM
I was thinking more like this Dave:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyVvjRX61x4

Brian98GTP
10-07-2011, 07:52 AM
Baahahaha!!! Thanks fvckers.... :alcoholic

It isnt a big sausage fest when we go...lol We head out with our g/f's and other friends. He is single, but if any of the girls try to drag him to the dance floor, he doesn't budge. I think he's just way too self concious when it comes to dancing in front of others. So we figured if he just learned some basic moves, he'd be more comfortable. Who knows....
My g/f ordered a dvd off of Amazon.com for him. I'm sure he'll laugh off the gift and say its dumb... but I bet he'll actually watch it and try it. Just hoping he learns something by mid November, because we're renting another party bus to go bar hopping, etc...:rolf

Irish
10-07-2011, 08:13 AM
Napoleon Dynamite.

twicks69
10-07-2011, 09:28 AM
You are better off finding him a date that likes dancing and letting them do their own thing without the group at a bar or club where you guys don't go to. Heck, even a different city where he doesn't have to even think about seeing anyone that would even know him. This way he can work up his confidence. Personally, you are probably going about this the wrong way, and would probably recommend letting him do his own thing when you go out as a group with him.

I have a friend like this, and he wouldn't be within a 1/2mile of a local dance floor, but you put a girl and him at a club 100 miles away and he would be on the dance floor til bar close sober or drunk. It is about having a comfort zone and allowing the confidence to grow over time.

Tim Zimmer via Evo Phone

Prince Valiant
10-07-2011, 09:40 AM
Have him emulate this:

3xJ0LGWupk4

pOrk
10-07-2011, 02:08 PM
This thread is so gay and so is dancing

Moparjim
10-07-2011, 02:14 PM
Nobody puts baby in a corner!

lordairgtar
10-08-2011, 06:59 PM
I was going to say something, but I decided it was better not to.

EvolvedRegal
10-10-2011, 09:24 AM
My sister is a dance instructor, she has a studio in West Allis by the police station . She does everything from ballroom to hip-hop. Send me a PM and Ill give you her contact info.