PDA

View Full Version : Death on 794 this morning

88Nightmare
10-04-2011, 11:48 AM
I commute daily from oak creek to UWM and always listen to the news on tv in the morning before leaving home. They said there was a massive backup on the Lake Parkway at Layton Ave(leading to 794 from the south). I thought that was very unusual, it typically backs up slightly at the light on oklahoma but that's no big deal. So as an alternative I took i43 up to the Marquette and 794 east to hook up with Lincoln memorial drive and I saw 794 southbound over the bridge majorly backed up. At the light where the 794 offramp meets with Lincoln memorial drive I saw people driving the wrong direction to get back off the bridge, cars jumping curbs, ambulance sirens and squads everywhere. Got to campus and checked the news and heard someone died. A person fell off the bridge.

Anyone else have issues on 794 or hear about this story? With all the bedlam going on at the north edge of the hoan bridge and cars driving every which way, I was surprised someone didn't plow into me on my bike.

pOrk
10-04-2011, 12:05 PM
A friend is working below the bridge today, car broke down and guy got out to look at it. An inattentive driver smashed into the car, sending the guy over the bridge to his death. Not a great story, so sick of texting drivers...

bikedad
10-04-2011, 12:08 PM
A friend is working below the bridge today, car broke down and guy got out to look at it. An inattentive driver smashed into the car, sending the guy over the bridge to his death. Not a great story, so sick of texting drivers...
+1 on the texting drivers.

Car Guy
10-04-2011, 12:11 PM
A friend is working below the bridge today, car broke down and guy got out to look at it. An inattentive driver smashed into the car, sending the guy over the bridge to his death.

Can you imagine what that person was thinking on the way down, damn.....:wooo :wooo :wooo

Yooformula
10-04-2011, 12:15 PM
so sick of texting drivers...

fucking agreed! I got sideswiped because some dumb chick was texting and driving.

CATNHAT
10-04-2011, 12:18 PM
I saw some chick last night, I almost called cops for drunk driving, no she was texting. I think texting is as bad if not worse then drunk driving.

Vehicular homicide.

88Nightmare
10-04-2011, 01:58 PM
Wow. Two innocent lives ended. One is dead and the other in jail. I only feel sorry for one of em

pOrk
10-04-2011, 02:06 PM
Innocent? I think not

Yooformula
10-04-2011, 02:48 PM
The chick wasn't in a silver car by any chance was she?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

88Nightmare
10-04-2011, 03:00 PM
Innocent? I think not

Innocent in the sense that they didn't pull out a gun and blow someone away. The person obviously didn't think that pulling out the cell for 5 seconds could do much harm.

I didn't mean innocent as if they did nothing wrong.

Prince Valiant
10-04-2011, 03:33 PM
The chick wasn't in a silver car by any chance was she?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk WHILE DRIVING?!?hmmmmmmm?

:goof

Bliz35
10-04-2011, 03:33 PM
Its crazy even making it illegal in most places so many people still do it!

GHOSST
10-04-2011, 05:48 PM
Its crazy even making it illegal in most places so many people still do it!

What??

Anyway. That is such a sad story, when will people learn? Texting is convenient sometimes, but its the most lazy form of communication ever... And deadly too which is pretty damn sad..

Yooformula
10-04-2011, 05:49 PM
hmmmmmmm?

:goof

lol. voice given text but I was parked anyways.. some chick in a silver monte carlo with no plates was doing over 100 mph weaving in/out of traffic and taking the emergency lane to cut people off. when I got along side of her, she was busy texting away.

88Nightmare
10-04-2011, 05:52 PM
Technically texting and driving was always illegal. It was covered under the broader fine of "inattentive driving". It became an issue in court with attorneys arguing that texting doesn't automatically constitute being inattentive, which is a stretch, but still a loophole. Either way, I wonder just how closely the police are looking for texting drivers... Maybe if the police weren't busy doing it themselves...

GHOSST
10-04-2011, 05:54 PM
lol. voice given text but I was parked anyways.. some chick in a silver monte carlo with no plates was doing over 100 mph weaving in/out of traffic and taking the emergency lane to cut people off. when I got along side of her, she was busy texting away.

WOW... just wow. This is what I mean about cops not being where you need them. I get pulled over for tint, but people like this chic can bob and weave in and out of traffic texting and driving putting lives in danger and just go on her merry way.