PDA

View Full Version : Black Chrome?

Bliz35
10-03-2011, 03:42 PM
Does anyone have a lead on where I could have a set of Rims done in Black Chrome not too far from Madison? I am debating a black powder coat or Black Chrome. I love the look of the chrome just cant find a good place to do it without having to ship half way across the country.

Nickerz
10-03-2011, 04:17 PM
I went through this and the only place I could find was up north and it had a 30 day lead time. A lot of places will do a dip that isn't black chrome and call it such, so you have to be careful. And most of the places actually doing black chrome dips are industrial only and don't want to do 4 rims.

If by chance a 17x9\17x10.5 black chrome 03 cobra set sounds interesting I have a set you can buy.

Car Guy
10-03-2011, 04:29 PM
Powder coat them a black chrome color......

Flicktitty
10-03-2011, 04:34 PM
isn't there some dupli-color effect black chrome you can buy at autozone?

GTSLOW
10-03-2011, 06:31 PM
Black chrome is the shiznit if its what you want then don't settle for powder coating.

Bliz35
10-03-2011, 06:58 PM
I went through this and the only place I could find was up north and it had a 30 day lead time. A lot of places will do a dip that isn't black chrome and call it such, so you have to be careful. And most of the places actually doing black chrome dips are industrial only and don't want to do 4 rims.

If by chance a 17x9\17x10.5 black chrome 03 cobra set sounds interesting I have a set you can buy.

Thanks for the info. That is pretty much what I have found so far. I have a set of 20 x 10 that I am looking to get done. I dont think the cobra rims will fit my jeep. Thanks for the offer though!

Bliz35
10-03-2011, 07:00 PM
isn't there some dupli-color effect black chrome you can buy at autozone?

Ive seen that before just wasnt sure what it turn out looking like. Didnt want to mess it up and be stuck. I suppose I could always sand blast and powder coat if it didnt work.

Bliz35
10-03-2011, 07:01 PM
Black chrome is the shiznit if its what you want then don't settle for powder coating.

Thats my thoughts too. I have seen some pretty nice stuff out there!

Bliz35
10-03-2011, 07:02 PM
Powder coat them a black chrome color......

Can they get close with with powder coating? There is a pretty big powder coater in Oregon that would probably be the best bet

Nickerz
10-03-2011, 09:34 PM
Can they get close with with powder coating? There is a pretty big powder coater in Oregon that would probably be the best bet

I got my IRS brace done in it. Not even close.

Car Guy
10-03-2011, 09:48 PM

Talk to one of the high quality local powder coaters to get an idea before making any decisions. Dealing with a local business is always easier with something like this.....

I got my IRS brace done in it. Not even close.

I seen some very nice black chrome powder coating, and more than once.....

GHOSST
10-03-2011, 10:03 PM
Black chrome is kinda still catching on, hence expensive. Good luck with that. Just go black powder coat, done.