PDA

View Full Version : Sprint PCS, worst service for over 10yrs!

Russ Jerome
09-29-2011, 11:57 AM
This is my annual "sprints sucks" rant, to be followed by several loyal sprint users who like there coverage, here it goes for 2011:

Customer service calls me a month ago as an annual "how is your sevice?"....my phone DROPS the call! They call back and thru all the scratchy noises and the Tai employee they tell me Im getting an early upgrade, on top of that as a 10+ year customer I can pick ANY PHONE ONLINE FOR FREE.

Fast forward weeks later to yesterday and my phone is so bad I make the call to request an EVO Shift 4g, no problem we will box and send it right away....oh wait your bill is overdue just pay the past due amount. Promptly pay 100% of past and next months bill on top of it.

Today after an hr of dropped calls to sprint, screaming matchs with people I cant understand I get to supervisor.....and drops calls...repeat calling only to get "oh we have no record of you being given a free phone". OK so they dont have todays conversation noted, not yesterdays conversation and obviously not one from weeks ago, the stupid "your call may be monitored is 100% BS.

After falling to there plot to screw me I accept a lesser phone, higher monthly rate, same shity coverage that will not work away from freeways deer hunting or fishing up North.......but wait! I grow some balls when they say my present contract expires in December!!! I tell them to forget the phone, I will use this crapy one till Dec and finaly leave Sprintsucks.com!!! This is the year I leave sprint, 11 or 12 years later!!! Yipeee!

Car Guy
09-29-2011, 12:05 PM
I been with Verizon since they purchased PrimeCo and have nothing but great things to say about every aspect of their service.....

Russ Jerome
09-29-2011, 12:11 PM
Its amazing that after all these years of being let down by sprint I can actualy laugh about how I have never gotten what I asked from them, never gotten reception I had hoped for away from freeway's. To be that consistant at failing has got to rank them in the top 10 worst run buisness'. Over 10 years of disapointment and counting.

On the other end of the spectrum is:
WE Energies, hate the bills but they work all night in rain to get me power, call me afterword to say when and why I lost and regained power.
Carmax, just had a great experience with them, did just what I wanted and exceeded my expectations.
Woodmans, load my groceries if its windy and dont want carts smashing into cars.
Jet Repair, repairs done right, no padding the bills, treat cust and employees with respect.
UPS, stuff always arrives early.

BR3W CITY
09-29-2011, 12:51 PM
I've only been with sprint for a little while, but they haven't been terrible to deal with YET. Reps at my local store are pretty nice, and despite being lower level employees, were decent about getting stuff like rebates set up for me. Coverage has been pretty good, although don't get 4g in milwaukee yet. I don't get too far off the beaten path though.

Rocket Power
09-29-2011, 02:28 PM
Why did you stay so long? I was with US Suck-u-lar for 1 2 yr contract, my stupid phone would drop calls from a landline when my phone had full signal. Verizon has had the best coverage for me. I had Ameritech/SBC/ AT&T , then US Cellular, finally switched to Verizon and they were the only ones who could get a signal were I used to work in the middle of nowhere, in a valley, inside a pole building.

I won't be leaving them.

CPonyGo
09-29-2011, 02:52 PM
I have had them all as well....loved US Cell had them 16 yrs but they dont have the "neat" phones...went to Verizon but I had the opposite of Jamie in that I had a ton of drooped calls so I left after a month and got the 32gS I Phone...great phone but what with the area I work in ATT is a better metro phone than outlying area imo..liked it but then switched to Sprint EVO....and like Russ first stated,lol, I have no issues with them...service has been better than I expected and coverage in out lying areas pretty decent...but every carrier and phone has to meet YOUR needs...so far I have found one...sprint..sorry Russ..;)

Russ Jerome
09-29-2011, 03:05 PM
Why did you stay so long?Verizon has had the best coverage for me. I had Ameritech/SBC/ AT&T , then US Cellular,.

I liked the agrivation I guess, timing of contract and other family members on acount kept me mostly.

I had a company phone with Ameritech, landing in Oakland California my wife thought I hadnt left yet it was so clear.
That Ameritech phone would work along the bluffs of the Missisippi river, I know my Sprint phone wont work there :(

Nix
09-29-2011, 03:10 PM
In some situations it is actually the phone itself. Not the carrier. Im not saying that's what your situation was or wasn't. I along with you hate Sprint. What finally pushed me over he edge some years back when we finally dumped them was I would get multiple text messages, many duplicates and they would charge me for them. Even though it was their system that was fucking up.

There is so much more that I could add but I won't waste my time. Everyone has different situations with them.

Russ Jerome
09-29-2011, 03:15 PM
I have no issues with them...service has been better than I expected and coverage in out lying areas pretty decent...but every carrier and phone has to meet YOUR needs...so far I have found one...sprint..sorry Russ..;)

Glad to hear, my yearly rants always have happy Sprint customers :)

Oh and is the white GT trying to get traction on HWY100 Sunday southbound in rain you?
Wanted to harass you while traction challenged in my WRX I just aquired.

CPonyGo
09-29-2011, 03:32 PM
LOL..probably...actually I get pretty good traction..just sometimes I like to do that with no tire loss or load on the motor...yeaaa right...hahah

michelle
09-29-2011, 04:57 PM
I have Verizon and like it, but I just don't get great reception in my house. Text/pix messages are just fine, but I don't bother using it for important phone calls. Have a landline in the house for that. Most of the people I talk/text are on Verizon, so it's handy. Customer service has always been nice, but I haven't had many issues that required calling them over the last 6 or so years.

Russ Jerome
09-29-2011, 05:51 PM
Here is the kicker, Tiffany just found the EVO 4g phone I wanted for .98 cents at Sams club lengthening your sprint contract....
Do I bite the bullet and go for over 12 years unhappy, another 2 years just so I can rant annualy???
Nobody ever said I was too bright, sprint is probably laughing right now monitoring me!

nismodave
09-29-2011, 05:56 PM
Only issue I have with Sprint is the occasional dead spot....Otherwise they have been fine.

FoxStang
09-29-2011, 09:10 PM
Switch providers, why keep bitching about them? Check on online for other carrier's phones, they'll have great deals on them too.

wikked
09-29-2011, 09:13 PM
My brother had 0 bars of signal strength in the middle of state fair with Sprint (lulz). Couldn't even send texts.

Russ Jerome
09-29-2011, 09:32 PM
Switch providers, why keep bitching about them? .

Oct 2013, one more rant before I get the option! Wife got me an awesome Samsung Galaxy S for $20 when Sprint wanted $159 for a cheaper Evo Shift. With my whole family on Sprint under my name. Im loving the pain, makes the rest of my year seam EZ :)

Oh the punchline? No 4g in Milwaukee for sprint users, not surprisingly phone doesnt work in my house at the corner of 94 and 894, and certainly wont work on the lake or deer hunting away from freeway :)

97z2801ss
09-29-2011, 09:40 PM
My sister just switched from ATT to sprint and she lives in mukwanago and cant even call only txt because shes in roaming most of the time Sprint sucks, I had us cellular for a long time they were the best by far, I have att now and love my iphone but ATT is okay

That_Guy
09-29-2011, 10:30 PM
i switched from t-mobile to verizon recently.. i cant be any happier. i was with tmobile for 6 years.. terrible reception. dropped calls and bullshit contracts.

droid charge 4glte... greatest phone and service ever.

03Seville
09-29-2011, 10:42 PM
I had Verizon for a long time and then switched to Sprint last year since they had way better pricing but last week I got a letter from them saying that I use too much data while roaming and if I dont cut the the roaming data on my phones than they are going to terminate my contract. And I have the unlimited everything plan on all 5 phones on my account.

So depending on if they actually follow through with their threat I may be back to Verizon shortly lol

Verizon by far has superior service in all the outlaying areas but Sprint has been good enough for me, or so I thought..

FoxStang
09-29-2011, 10:45 PM
Oct 2013, one more rant before I get the option! Wife got me an awesome Samsung Galaxy S for $20 when Sprint wanted $159 for a cheaper Evo Shift. With my whole family on Sprint under my name. Im loving the pain, makes the rest of my year seam EZ :)

Oh the punchline? No 4g in Milwaukee for sprint users, not surprisingly phone doesnt work in my house at the corner of 94 and 894, and certainly wont work on the lake or deer hunting away from freeway :)

Still don't understand the shoot yourself in the foot mentality. Why even have a phone, wouldn't it be easier for you to just not use their services and send them a blank check every month?

JC70SS
09-30-2011, 07:48 AM
When I had sprint back in the day they sucked! Never got reception inside of a building, not matter what building I was in. I have t-mobile and have great reception....no issues at all.

88Nightmare
09-30-2011, 08:52 AM
Life is too short to deal with shitty service. It only takes 15 minutes in the store with a different provider to switch.

Waver
09-30-2011, 10:33 AM
Started off with Verizon when they were Primeco....Loved the service. When they went to Verizon it became crap. Went to Sprint (already had an account with them for work) and after 2 years they started messing up my bill (over charging me) and I would drop more calls than AT&T screwed customers with the iphone, went to US Cell in 05 and I havent looked back....The ability to pay my bill every two months, signal everywhere I go, free roaming, hardly ever drops calls, cant beat it. Infact, they even offered to look into the amount of min I use in a month to see if I should go to a less expensive plan.....That says a lot about a company.

Now as far as the signal and the dropped calls.......Some of that has to do with the phone. Lets face it some are better than others. There was times when I was with friends up north and friends with US Cell and a Droid didnt have signal and my Crackberry did......but all and all they feel the same as I do.

Russ Jerome
09-30-2011, 11:28 AM
Well I'm sitting in a lot waiting on a truck to repair,cruising wrx videos on my wicked badazz galaxy s phone! Could not be happier! This phone is sweet, faster than my laptop at home! First time in 10 plus years I have liked zprint :)

Russ Jerome
09-30-2011, 11:33 AM
I see my typing has not improved with phone but that's operator error! Galaxy S, worth looking into for 24bucks at sams.

Waver
09-30-2011, 11:38 AM
Till next year when you say that sprint sucks again!

Russ Jerome
09-30-2011, 11:44 AM
Till next year when you say that sprint sucks again!

Ha right! Its truly is the first time, hope it lasts as the whole family is on acount and wife doesnt need another bill to deal with.

FoxStang
09-30-2011, 03:52 PM
Galaxy S or Galaxy S II?

Russ Jerome
09-30-2011, 05:21 PM
The base model S, been wanting to look up difference but I cant imagine its notably faster or pic better...first thing I'll look up tonight!

FoxStang
10-01-2011, 12:49 PM
The base model S, been wanting to look up difference but I cant imagine its notably faster or pic better...first thing I'll look up tonight!
Just moved up to a Bionic because we switched plans, had a Galaxy S, aside from a few of Samsung's factory defects it was pretty good phone, the AMOLED screen is the BEST out there for a smart phone, hands down. Only feature I miss from my Galaxy S.

Russ Jerome
10-01-2011, 10:35 PM
Here is the blurb I read on the S and SII:
http://www.differencebetween.com/difference-between-samsung-galaxy-s2-galaxy-s-ii-i9100-and-vs-galaxy-s/

Bigger, lighter, faster, larger camera ect.

wrath
10-02-2011, 07:18 AM
I've literally had everything between work and personal use, except Spring (but I did have Nextel a million years ago). Including some that have long since disappeared. The best, by far, was Cellular One with an old Nokia phone I had.

Some phones are steaming piles of shit. You have to buy a business-class phone to get a business-class radio and antenna. So, if you live in BFE or work in BFE you need to get something from RIM.

Some providers are horrible. In fact, most are.

I have T-mobile right now. It was fine 4 years ago. Today it is one of the most expensive providers with the crappiest service. It started spiraling downhill as far as customer service once the ATT deal was announced. They're like a quaternary provider. It's so bad that my BlackBerry, which if there is a signal to be found it finds it... is always in SOS mode because the towers are always full of higher-rent providers' customers.

I'll probably be switching to Sprint. Haven't tried them yet. I get a discount through work. I already got my wife a Verizon iPhone using my work discount but they won't let me have the discount on two phones so I'll go the Sprint route. I figure it can't be too bad. I've been off-contract with T-mobile for a couple months now and the only way they'll do anything is if I sign up for a new contract so they're out. I figure Sprint will probably get whatever new Apple product comes out and I'll try that. Their crack at the Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch) is kind of big. I'd get another BlackBerry but Sprint requires you to pay for BlackBerry services.

Russ Jerome
10-02-2011, 07:10 PM
I'll probably be switching to Sprint. Haven't tried them yet. I get a discount through work. Their crack at the Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch) is kind of big. I'd get another BlackBerry but Sprint requires you to pay for BlackBerry services.

If you dont get away from freeways hunting or camping and use the Galaxy I can say it will be ok. As long as I dont have to dial 911 in the sticks its gonna work for me now, first time ever :) My wife insist (she pays bills) Sprint is the cheapest for data stuff, something I wont go without now that I have a few days use with it. I had some dead areas tearing thru Holy hill today, nice as nobody could bother me enjoying a few pit stops in the woods.