PDA

View Full Version : How about them Brewers?!

Nix
09-28-2011, 10:21 PM
Unreal, simply awesome season. They have broken so many fucking records and hopefully they will break many more. This has been their best season hands down and we were all hereto be part of it.

So incredible!!

Post season, HERE THEY COME!

Homefield advantage too!!

Slow5oh
09-28-2011, 10:46 PM
Was at the game last sunday wish I could have went to their last one.

Flicktitty
09-28-2011, 11:23 PM
Having to play the D-Bags, i mean D-Backs this weekend.... should be a good game hope they don't choke.

Prince Valiant
09-28-2011, 11:23 PM
It's a great time to be a sports fan in Wisconsin!

Nix
10-07-2011, 08:44 PM
Fuck yeah Brewers! Next round here they come.

Korndogg
10-07-2011, 09:07 PM
I was at the game and holy fuck that was nuts.

Lash
10-07-2011, 09:38 PM
^ You may have been at one of the best games that will ever be played in that stadium for a LONG time.

Nix
10-07-2011, 09:58 PM
I envy you for being there and Lash is probably correct. Keep those ticket stubs to go with those awesome memories that will last you a life time and stories to be told. Simply awesome game.

spooln30
10-07-2011, 10:20 PM
Home field next round. Hell yah

turbogarrett
10-08-2011, 08:35 AM
My arms are sore from towel waving! With home field for the nlcs and nl home for the world series, "we" really have a shot at winning it all.

Time to start packing for tomorrows tailgate party!

77thor
10-08-2011, 09:35 AM
Wow... I really thought that the Phillies would go all the way this year...
Maybe the Brewers can do it...

PB86MCSS
10-08-2011, 05:36 PM
I was also there, last minute decision. Wow, what a game. Can't wait to face the Cardinals, Suds Series II. Also thrilled the Phillies and Yankees are done, good job spending all that money, better luck next year.

turbogarrett
10-08-2011, 08:01 PM
There are sure to be some fireworks this series with Nyger, Carpenter, LaRussa and now Greinke's comments about Carpenter thrown into the mix...

Hopefully the brewers can just keep their cool and take care of buisness.

Korndogg
10-08-2011, 10:16 PM
not keeping ticket stubs cause they are sheets of printer paper lol but you better believe I saved a bunch of confetti and the special cups that we got and all of that. It was for sure the most emotional game I have every been too and probably will every be at just because it hasn't happened in such a long time.

PB86MCSS
10-08-2011, 10:36 PM
I kept some confetti too and grabbed a couple cups, yes not mine other peoples after they left, as they had NL Central Champs on it. :D

I kind of think some of the Brewers play better when fired up, but overall yea, I hope they just stick to playing the game and not worry about the other crap. But I see LaRussa has already opened his mouth too. Say Greinke should of taken the high road then go on a sch-peel about it doesn't make you any better.

turbogarrett
10-16-2011, 11:24 PM
Ouch,not the way I was hoping things would turn out, but not hard to believe when you start marcum and narveson against the cardinals in a do or die game. Saves me a lot of $ on game 7 and world series tickets though.

I don't think either brewers or cardinals pitching rotations can slow down the rangers right now.

nismodave
10-17-2011, 12:07 AM
Brewers pitching......

1ytCEuuW2_A

GTSLOW
10-17-2011, 12:26 AM
Pitching fail again?

badass88gt
10-17-2011, 05:49 AM
Let's not forget Fielder and Braun, the 1-2 punch. Both these guys went 0-4 when it was all on the line.

CATNHAT
10-17-2011, 10:01 AM
Brewers pitching......

1ytCEuuW2_A

LOL. Yeah to bad. I almost started to cry when Marcum took the mound. Rangers look pretty good and they destroyed Detroit.

My money is on the Rangers.

animal
10-17-2011, 10:26 AM
I hear Yovani is rested and ready to go for tonight's game.... Oh wait.

And fucking WERD when it comes to the braun/fielder thing. What exactly do we want to keep him here for? To whiff and stare at strikes when it really counts? Shit, mcgee is better at that and prolly cheaper.

JC70SS
10-17-2011, 12:40 PM
We should add Terry Francona to the payroll for 2012.

VroomPshhTsi
10-17-2011, 06:54 PM
I hear Yovani is rested and ready to go for tonight's game.... Oh wait.

And fucking WERD when it comes to the braun/fielder thing. What exactly do we want to keep him here for? To whiff and stare at strikes when it really counts? Shit, mcgee is better at that and prolly cheaper.

Maybe it's the 38 HR, 120 RBI, and .415 on base % (all best on team).
Yeah, why would we want to keep a terrible hitter like that :rolleyes:

badass88gt
10-17-2011, 07:00 PM
Because he chokes when it's all on the line? The biggest stage of their year and he produce jack shit. 1 for 14 in the last 4 games? Yeah, he's championship material....

VroomPshhTsi
10-17-2011, 08:40 PM
So you base his entire year of production off of 14 at bats? Say what you want, he is still one of the best hitters in the game. Stats don't lie. Yes he underperformed in ONE series. Get over it.

Lash
10-17-2011, 08:58 PM
As much as he failed in the NLCS, the Brewers probably wouldn't have even been in that position to begin with without him.

Considering that as of right now Braun will have either Hart or Weeks to "protect" him for next year, Brewers fans should be concerned. Braun will have to carry the team by himself, no Fielder to help.

Also, I can only hope that Greinke and Morgan will be gone next year. Greinke only had a good record because he got a lot of run support. He's average at best and always on the verge of getting worse. Marcum and Wolf both had better years IMO. Morgan, anything hit that he has to go back for is basically a guaranteed double. I don't care if he hits .300 if he cant catch a ball.
Gallardo was decent this year, but I expected better. Ther Brewers didn't have a pitcher in the top 35 for ERA for the year in all of baseball, and Gallardo was #20 in the NL.
Gamel has been a big disappointment the last 2 years, so i don't know if they keep McGhee or not. SS is another issue as well, Yuni was pretty streaky, and his D at the end of the year was horrid.

IMO, next year is going to be rough after a year like this. If the Brewers can make a run for a good 3rd baseman and Kershaw, I'll change my mind.

Wagonbacker9
10-17-2011, 09:42 PM
I don't know if marcum is done for the year, or just done. Either way I don't see him remaining a starter through another season. Starting pitching just peaked too early. If the would have kept their September momentum, they'd have a world series shot without a doubt.

McGhee needs to go. Too unreliable. Start fresh for positions 5 and 6.

As for fielder, no, he didn't come through in the clutch, but do you honestly expect him to save you from something like that game 6 catestrophy? If he was able to, yes, it would be remarkable, but not doing so shouldn't be labeled a 'fault'. Seeing as i see next to no chance he stays here, I can say personally, he will be missed as a brewer.

JC70SS
10-18-2011, 07:55 AM
Jose Reyes. Mark WILL make a run for him. As fr Prince, don't let the door hit you in the ass. You have no feelings for the brewers fans, I say f-you too. Ok "man."

Lash
10-18-2011, 04:25 PM
From what I've heard it's his wife who's really pushing for him to leave. Apparently she hates Milwaukee and wants to live somewhere warm and sunny year round and Prince will not play for a team away from his kids.

PB86MCSS
10-18-2011, 05:17 PM
Kemp didn't need any protection to put up a monster season, that aspect is overrated to some degree. A good hitter is going to hit.

Fielder will be missed but finding a 1B who can hit ok isn't that hard. It's not like it will be a .250 hitter with 5 home runs and play any worse defensively. Figure out 3B, dump Betancourt and re-tool the bullpen, they'll be contenders next year barring blowing up the roster or key injuries. The A's won as many games the year after losing Giambi after 01' and Giambi was at least as important as Fielder is. If Fielder is that pussy whipped that his wife controls where he plays, ditch the bitch. I'd like to see him stay but not at 20+ million a year for 6-7 years. Keep the pitching intact and get a real SS.

Fielder played well in "clutch" situations during the year for the most part. One series doesn't make or break a player. Betancourt isn't a stud and Fielder isn't a dud because of 6 games. Most of the team played poorly this series and some of it started during the D-Backs series (bad starting pitching besides Yo, then later Wolf, etc). They didn't attack the Cardinals hitters and played tight, it felt like especially at the end. Hopefully the Rangers can sweep the Cards.

Gregor
10-18-2011, 10:25 PM
I think that we needed to sweep the D-Backs so we could rest the pitchers. We were talking about it work and one of our engineers spelled out the entire Cardinal series to the letter. Win the first and struggle till the end. At least this season they brought back some baseball to Milwaukee. So it wasnt a total loss.

JC70SS
10-19-2011, 11:41 AM
From what I've heard it's his wife who's really pushing for him to leave. Apparently she hates Milwaukee and wants to live somewhere warm and sunny year round and Prince will not play for a team away from his kids.

Yep, Prince is form Melbourne,FL and currently lives in Orlando. His wife HATES Milwaukee and wants out. However, Chicago, D.C. and Baltimore are nowhere near Orlando.

PB86MCSS
10-19-2011, 05:10 PM
And Miami will be try to make a big splash this off season by signing a big name or two, so they say.

Any source on his wife wanting out so bad? I'm not surprised and I've heard similar, but when its through about 3-4 people later it might get skewed a bit.