PDA

View Full Version : need some recommendations

Silver86
09-26-2011, 09:51 PM
the wife lost her job a few weeks back. she has been seeking out potential jobs, but has had no luck. so we had a little discussion tonight. the only real bill we have is a car payment. the xterra is paid off, but we still owe on the mustang. if we decided to sell off the mustang what would be the best way? trade in or private sale? we would also like to get something obviously cheaper, but im not even sure where to start.

i wouldnt mind getting another suv... maybe a jeep? i dont know. recommendations?

PureSound15
09-26-2011, 10:30 PM
Sell it privately, for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigSnailBuick
09-26-2011, 10:35 PM
Sell it privately, for sure.

x2...trade in value is always garbage. And if your in no rush to sell that gives you plenty of time to entertain good offers and advertise

PureSound15
09-26-2011, 10:48 PM
Might be better off to refinance the mustang than to buy something new.

Whatever you do, don't tell a finance guy at a dealership what kind of payment you're looking for. Crawlin will back me up on that :)

brotherbenn83
10-03-2011, 01:28 PM
The only thing that sucks in your situation is that the Mustang probably would command more money 6 months from now than it would today due to our impending winter, like trying to sell a snowmobile in May. Either way, you're definitely better off selling privately. When I sold my GTO, I probably would have gotten no more than $12k for it at a dealer/carmax, but sold it for $14,500 cash in 1 week on craigslist. Don't forget to have Yoosof polish it up for you nice and shiny so it sells quickly.

Waver
10-03-2011, 02:16 PM
The only advantge you have in traiding in a vehicle is it reduces the taxes you pay on your new purchase.