PDA

View Full Version : Need fridge help with fridge not cooling

badass88gt
09-25-2011, 09:54 PM
My GE fridge isnt cooling worth a shit and I dont know whats up with it. It just recently started acting up a few days ago, found the spoiled milk and noticed it was quite warm. I turned the temp to all the way cold a few hours ago and it still feels warm inside. What are some things I should look for?

awsomeears
09-25-2011, 10:11 PM
1st off pull is away from the wall and vacuum out the bottom area, unplug it. Then once its all cleaned plug it in and see what Turn's on ?

Fan and compressor should both turn on, if not one of them is faulty or the starting relay or circuit is shot....

Tech to come to your home will be $75-$100 and repairs an easy 200-600 get a new one.....

Moparjim
09-25-2011, 10:13 PM
Is it newee or older. Newer high efficiency ones will get warm if lwft open a crack even and will take a day or two to get cool again.

penji04
09-25-2011, 11:34 PM
Same thing happened to me this month, make sure everythings clean and if that doesnt work buy a new one.

pOrk
09-26-2011, 05:25 AM
Buy a new one? Lol great advise!

Google the model number and search for common issues, parts are cheap and repairs are easy to do yourself with basic tools. My fridge had a similar issue, the starting relay was fried and the replacement was 26 bucks shipped. Took less then 10 minutes to fix once I got the part

badass88gt
09-26-2011, 05:58 AM
Thanks guys, I did pull it away, vacuum it all out (yuck) and clean it up, I will see what happens...

LOL. buy a new one.

Yooformula
09-26-2011, 10:43 AM
I get my appliance parts from this site and they have a section that can help you trouble shoot. http://www.partselect.com/Instant-Repairman.htm

awsomeears
09-26-2011, 07:43 PM
BUY A NEW ONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

You asked for opinions right ?

The way I look at it is people are penny foolish, they'd rather nickel and dime there fridge that is full of an easy $300-$500 worth of food then get pissed when its all spoiled....

pOrk
09-27-2011, 05:14 AM
I forget we have soo many rich people on here, rich and/or lazy.

CATNHAT
09-28-2011, 01:03 PM
BUY A NEW ONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

You asked for opinions right ?

The way I look at it is people are penny foolish, they'd rather nickel and dime there fridge that is full of an easy $300-$500 worth of food then get pissed when its all spoiled....

Agreed especially on the GE. Mine took a shit 3 times and paid three times to fix it, 5 years old GE Profile Stainless 26 cu ft. Could have bought a new one for price to fix it three times. My GE appliances were all shit including dishwasher, and 2 dryers.

Food got spoiled too so I lost that money as well and my ice melted and was flooding the floors too.

I did manage to drink the beer fast enough though.

Got an Electrolux ICON series no problems.