PDA

View Full Version : Rampage Jackson; another victim of Bones Jones

BR3W CITY
09-24-2011, 10:49 PM
Just watched Rampage get taken apart by John Jones. One peice at a time, just like he defeated Shogun. Jones 11" avg reach advantage is just gnarly.

Exitspeed
09-25-2011, 10:42 AM
Jones is just too freakin amazing. If that was a Mortal Kombat game at the end of the fight you would have heard this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrid-WTErAM

awsomeears
09-25-2011, 10:56 AM
All of the times I have seen Jones fight he seems very humble and respectful of the sport and his competitor !!!

Him vs GSP would be interesting, don't know if that is a stretch as I'm not huge into MMA

spooln30
09-25-2011, 08:23 PM
Jones would have to drop to 180 and GSP would have to gain but I dont know what GSP walks around at. Could be done but who know how effective Jones would be cutting 25lbs.

94greenbandit
09-25-2011, 11:08 PM
I think that JOnes would destroy GSP, a better fight would be with Anderson Silva

spooln30
09-25-2011, 11:34 PM
I don't think so, Silvia and GSP would destroy Jones. Jones is good but he hasn't fought the caliber of fighters those two have. He's one got one title defense and to me Rampage isn't that much of a well rounded fighter. He really only has knock out power and he hasn't really displayed that a lot lately.

94greenbandit
09-26-2011, 10:18 AM
So you think Shogun is not a caliber of a fighter, granted he hasn't fought as many top tier fighters but this guy has a lot of potential

spooln30
09-26-2011, 01:20 PM
Dont get me wrong I'm a Jones fan for sure. Shogun is another fighter on his way out just like Rampage. The 205lb division has had four title holders and not one, besides Jones now, had a single title defense win. Chuck was the last to win multiple. I would rather see a Silva vs Jones fight, for sure Silva would win.

brotherbenn83
09-26-2011, 02:01 PM
Anyone that wanted to challenge Jones would have to come up to 205. At 6'4" Jones looks nearly anorexic with his gangly limbs at 205lbs. He pretty much took Rampage apart in that fight, and I have never seen anyone come close to giving him a challenge. More impressive on the night though was the way Nate Diaz took apart that Japanese guy and the way Tony Ferguson busted the shit out of that guy's jaw. Both of those fights were cool, also the totally gassed heavyweight zombie from Kenosha. When he came out for the third round, he looked like Frankenstein...it showed amazing heart for him to finish that fight though.

Lash
09-26-2011, 04:17 PM
Bones/Silva will probably happen sooner than GSP/Silva. I'd rather see him and Silva fight rather than GSP.

spooln30
09-26-2011, 11:33 PM
Yeah that guy had his jaw broke before and usually your jaw bone is weaker after a break. Unless they add metal which if your a MMA fighter your not allowed.

BR3W CITY
09-28-2011, 12:40 PM
at 205 I don't think GSP would be competitive against jones. It would negate his speed and even a greased-up fighter like him would have a hard time escaping reach and grasp of those alien limbs that jones has. On the ground jones would be more vulnerable but I can't see it happening.

As for Silva, I'd LOVE to see that fight. Long limbs, awkward styles, quick n and out strikes. I'd like to see someone actually make Silva fight vs him picking people apart.

spooln30
09-28-2011, 07:23 PM
^ Totally agree.

GHOSST
10-09-2011, 11:14 AM
Jones has talent. But his accuracy sucks. Sometimes it seems like he's just throwing whatever, hoping it lands. If he could pin point that accuracy and get a solid ground game, he could be completely unstoppable, not that he's doing bad in his current form! But if goes up against a well rounded fighter like GSP, reach or no he'll have a hard time coming out on top.