PDA

View Full Version : took a bath tonight...

Cryptic
08-26-2004, 02:38 AM
in transmission fluid.

Chris (Prince Valiant) and I got the tranny dropped finally. First I think we both would like to thank the writers/translators of the manual we were using.
On many occasions it was USELESS!

to remove tranny:
1.) remove bolts
(doesnt even indicate how many there are) the fifth one caught us, way on top the tranny)

2.) remove tranny, dont drop it.
Didn't mention sh!t about removing 1 screw for the clutch line. That was real fun as I am benching the whole tranny trying to figure out what the hell is it hung up on. Then I start dipping the tranny down to see what the hell is it stuck on and I end up taking a bath in tranny fluid.

:banana

It's procedure for removing the clutch (method #1) was a joke. The diagram made absolutely no sense.

cliff notes:
handbook sucked. tranny and clutch is out. w00t. took a bath in tranny fluid tonight. drank beer when finished.

ohh yeah and chris was hand fed grapes by 18 yr olds girls. (now dont you wish you woulda came over and helped too!)

Prince Valiant
08-26-2004, 02:56 AM
yes...and the different terms (IE clutch cover=pressure plate, cluth release cover= throwout bearing, on and on) for familiar parts made it just that much easier :thumbsup

yeah...we made a boner or two. That manual said NOTHING abou the bolt securing the hydraulic line there :mad: oh well...it was being replaced anyways right?

But good beer, and good grapes :thumbsup

turbogarrett
08-26-2004, 06:09 AM
glad to hear you guys got it. what manual are you using? is it the thick workshop manual or something you buy at checker or autozone? i know my manual has much better instructions than that.......

PonyKiller87
08-26-2004, 07:49 AM
Just wait till you go to put it back in and the instructions look like this.

Installation:

1. Reverse(oposite) of removal.

I ran into that a few times with the Haynes manuals, before I got smart and got a Helm Service Manual.

Cryptic
08-26-2004, 09:41 AM
glad to hear you guys got it. what manual are you using? is it the thick workshop manual or something you buy at checker or autozone? i know my manual has much better instructions than that.......

http://www.rx7city.com/93manual.htm it was free, guess I cant complain about it too much

Bad-TSi
08-26-2004, 01:35 PM
You failed to mention if these said 18year olds were male or female. :goof

Cryptic
08-26-2004, 03:30 PM
You failed to mention if these said 18year olds were male or female. :goof

FEMALE! damn dude

Al
08-26-2004, 04:02 PM
I ran into that a few times with the Haynes manuals, before I got smart and got a Helm Service Manual.

I just picked one of those up for my 5.0. The pictures/illustrations aren't that great. It didn't give me any info about the speedo cable as well. It makes me wonder if I should have picked up a Chiltons instead.

3rdGen Princess
08-26-2004, 04:07 PM
ohh yeah and chris was hand fed grapes by 18 yr olds girls. (now dont you wish you woulda came over and helped too!)

You failed to mention if these said 18year olds were male or female.

No, You just forgot to read all of the original post :goof

Cryptic
08-26-2004, 06:32 PM
i edited my post