PDA

View Full Version : expensive supercharger

venm4u97
09-22-2011, 08:21 AM
for 6.5 psi wow...but I suppose if u can afford the car then it might be pocket change

http://www.superchargersonline.com/product_detail.asp?PartNumber=VF-LAMBO-LP560

05caddyext
09-22-2011, 09:57 AM
I remember hearing something back in the day about the spoiler on the Lamborghini Countache (sp) being like $12,000. 35k for a supercharger doesn't seem that far fetched.

animal
09-22-2011, 10:25 AM
You'd think you could probably have someone fab up an intake and pulley setup for a normal tvs for a tick less than 35k... or just about any other form of FI.

WhatsADSM
09-22-2011, 10:44 AM
for 6.5 psi wow...but I suppose if u can afford the car then it might be pocket change

http://www.superchargersonline.com/product_detail.asp?PartNumber=VF-LAMBO-LP560

Expensive? Absolutely. However the 35k actually doesn't seem that far fetched. Think about how much engineering time went into that kit, and how many kits they may sell in the end. Economy of scale. This isn't a mustang where you have an ownership base of tens of thousands of vehicles many of which are willing to modify their vehicle.

You'd think you could probably have someone fab up an intake and pulley setup for a normal tvs for a tick less than 35k... or just about any other form of FI.

Its quite a bit more than that:
- TVS 2300 (wonderful but expensive blower)
- Intake
- Supercharger inlet
- Bracketry
- Pulley
- Nice air-water core
- Front mounted exchangers, pump, all lines, header tank (you are aware than a Lambo is mid engine right?)
- And last but certainly not least the electronics, ecu crack, and tune.

Keep me posted once you crack a lambo ecu ;)

BR3W CITY
09-22-2011, 10:45 AM
wow 70% of that cost is the fact that its for a lambo. The unit itself is just a $3500 tvs blower unit; although im sure the manifold machining and tb adapters add up. Still, thats a big chunk of change.

The intercooler is probably also the same one they package with the TVS for the other applications, as its integrated into the unit. There may be an idler pulley relocation or something but a 3/4lb billet chunk and pulley don't cost THAT much.

I get it, its a bit more work than your average tvs kit, but not $30k extra.

jamestown478
09-22-2011, 05:11 PM
what a waste of money. Underground racing's turbo kits will blow that thing out of the water for pretty close to the same cost. And for only 200hp? what a joke

Al
09-22-2011, 05:28 PM

You could hire a professional auto tuner to engineer, not fab, a system that will do the same thing (or more) and for less money.

Larrygto
09-22-2011, 06:18 PM
That blower looks familiar :goof

venm4u97
09-23-2011, 07:45 AM
Expensive? Absolutely. However the 35k actually doesn't seem that far fetched. Think about how much engineering time went into that kit, and how many kits they may sell in the end. Economy of scale. This isn't a mustang where you have an ownership base of tens of thousands of vehicles many of which are willing to modify their vehicle.

yea seems like u don't really hear to much of a turbo or supercharged lambo...would definitely be awesome to check out

Its quite a bit more than that:
- TVS 2300 (wonderful but expensive blower)
- Intake
- Supercharger inlet
- Bracketry
- Pulley
- Nice air-water core
- Front mounted exchangers, pump, all lines, header tank (you are aware than a Lambo is mid engine right?)
- And last but certainly not least the electronics, ecu crack, and tune.

Keep me posted once you crack a lambo ecu ;)

venm4u97
09-23-2011, 07:47 AM
whoops....I meant to say..you don't hear of a turbo or supercharged lambo these days...would be cool to check out though if somebody had the loot to get it done

jamestown478
09-23-2011, 06:41 PM
whoops....I meant to say..you don't hear of a turbo or supercharged lambo these days...would be cool to check out though if somebody had the loot to get it done

really? underground racing has turboed a lot of them in the past few years. Same with heffner.