PDA

View Full Version : Lights in the sky?? Northwest

ThatWhiteCivic
09-17-2011, 08:36 PM
Did anybody else see the red lights in the sky towards the northwest? Happened about 30 minutes ago. Looked like the same ones in this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy_UTl59uvI

Nix
09-17-2011, 08:51 PM
Wtf? I was outside too at that time but I didn't happen to see anything.

Weird ass shit man.

GHOSST
09-18-2011, 12:28 AM
Lame, you can hear something that sounds like a Helicopter. If not, I can bet there is a perfectly good explanation for it, even if the government doesn't care to share it, :thumbsup

ThatWhiteCivic
09-18-2011, 09:11 AM
No sounds, just pretty unusual seeing that stuff.

Larrygto
09-18-2011, 10:08 AM
I didn't see that, but I saw a plane high in the sky being perfectly paralleled by a light.

VroomPshhTsi
09-18-2011, 10:13 AM
This just in, planes have lights on them...

Larrygto
09-18-2011, 11:54 AM
I could see the lights of the plane, this was clearly a separate light at a good distance fro the plane.

Reverend Cooper
09-18-2011, 12:32 PM
ahhh yeah maybe another plane

88Nightmare
09-18-2011, 12:59 PM
http://www.reynoldspkg.com/reynoldskitchens/en/product/nonstick.asp

Prince Valiant
09-18-2011, 01:09 PM
In all fairness, planes yes...have lights. Those weren't what you'd see though as plane lights (red, green, white at specific locations along with landing lights).

Not sure what to make of stuff like the youtube vid the OP showed...but certainly have seen strange stuff. Out in UT there is a lot of restricted airspace due to military bases, and one can see weird stuff all the time. On a hike up on the north end of salt lake, we could see one such restricted airspace (we know this since my bro flys UT since he lives there now), and around sunset, you could see a string of stationary lights on the way far side of the lake. It wouldn't be so unusual if the lights weren't so large, bright....and so visible so far away. Was it a flying object? Didn't look it...but certainly too high to be held by towers which would have likely been visible. Certainly it's unlikely that it was cable, as the lights were so large and the peaks b/w that the lights were occupying were very far too....there would have been a sag or other givewawys.

You see strange stuff sometimes. Doesn't mean it's nefarious or anything...it just is what it is. Unknown to you...

Larrygto
09-18-2011, 04:04 PM
I could see the red and green wing lights and the rest of the lights on the plane, then there was a very small light in front and off to the left of the plane traveling the same speed and direction as the plane. It almost looked like a satellite, but I've never seen a satellite traveling south east. I'm not saying it was anything special, just strange.

Voodoo Chick
09-18-2011, 10:58 PM
Well, sometimes you have an encounter with something truly strange. NOT everything can be explained away, and I personally have had quite a few experiences that had absolutely no logical explanation. Lights in the sky.....maybe it was something perfectly "normal." And maybe it wasn't. I think it would be terribly arrogant to think we have it all explained. There are plenty of mysteries left out there, and you may have just witnessed one!

animal
09-19-2011, 07:08 AM
lol

LEWETHETIGER73
09-19-2011, 03:42 PM
It was Kitt's airfoil being pulled by the Sea Duck on another one of Baloo's runs!

lordairgtar
09-19-2011, 05:20 PM
http://www.trendtimes.com/recoufohoco.html

Irish
09-20-2011, 06:44 AM
This thread is hilarious!

GHOSST
09-20-2011, 08:14 PM
you see strange stuff sometimes. Doesn't mean it's nefarious or anything...it just is what it is. unknown to you...

qft.

michelle
09-20-2011, 09:08 PM
lol

x2

Al
09-20-2011, 10:45 PM
Did anybody else see the red lights in the sky towards the northwest? Happened about 30 minutes ago. Looked like the same ones in this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy_UTl59uvI

WOW! I saw almost the exact same thing about two months ago here in Cedarburg.

10:30PM or after that. It was breezy outside and warm. To the far west, maybe over Madison, storms were forming. We had probably 80% cloud cover. To the northwest of me, I saw six lights just "float" by in the sky. They were in a very straight line, one after the other, as they moved to the east northeast. They also looked like they were gaining alititude slightly.

I thought it was some sort of a hoax; maybe those Chinese lanterns. What spooked me was when I lost sight of them into the clouds. The light was bright enough to illuminate the clouds, which were moving slower than the objects.

Judging by their brightness, a plane would need to be less than a mile away to be that bright. It this was the case, I would have been able to hear it. Even a Piper Cub, with moderate throttle, can be heard at that distance. I know this because Grobb Fields is about 3 miles from me. Also, the red navigation lights tend to be a more brilliant red than this dingy red.

I have no clue as to what they are.

FoxStang
09-20-2011, 11:30 PM
WOW! I saw almost the exact same thing about two months ago here in Cedarburg.

10:30PM or after that. It was breezy outside and warm. To the far west, maybe over Madison, storms were forming. We had probably 80% cloud cover. To the northwest of me, I saw six lights just "float" by in the sky. They were in a very straight line, one after the other, as they moved to the east northeast. They also looked like they were gaining alititude slightly.

I thought it was some sort of a hoax; maybe those Chinese lanterns. What spooked me was when I lost sight of them into the clouds. The light was bright enough to illuminate the clouds, which were moving slower than the objects.

Judging by their brightness, a plane would need to be less than a mile away to be that bright. It this was the case, I would have been able to hear it. Even a Piper Cub, with moderate throttle, can be heard at that distance. I know this because Grobb Fields is about 3 miles from me. Also, the red navigation lights tend to be a more brilliant red than this dingy red.

I have no clue as to what they are.

I was in Phoenix in 1997 when they had a similar occurrence, just Google Phoenix Lights. It was kind of weird, won't be forgetting that image anytime soon, that's for sure.

GTSLOW
09-21-2011, 12:19 AM
http://straightfromthea.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/ALF_-_S01E14_A_Little_Bit_of_Soap.jpg

LEWETHETIGER73
09-21-2011, 06:25 AM
give that man a CAT!

HITMAN
09-23-2011, 03:04 AM
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/5190/tinfoilhats.jpg

Al
09-25-2011, 11:44 PM
I think it's the government.

You should have heard some of the crazy stories my grandpa told me after he had a few of his many strokes. We knew he worked for the Skunk Works and personally knew Kelly Johnson.

1320PNY
10-02-2011, 10:19 PM
SR71 Blackbird (1964) Gov't Owned Vehicle that goes Mach 3, has an ejection seat, and shoots rockets backwards. For Mustang (1964) Public Owned Vehicle that goes 100 and has a lap belt.

2010 Bugatti Veyron...Gov't ????

Al
10-02-2011, 10:45 PM
SR71 Blackbird (1964) Gov't Owned Vehicle that goes Mach 3, has an ejection seat, and shoots rockets backwards. For Mustang (1964) Public Owned Vehicle that goes 100 and has a lap belt.

2010 Bugatti Veyron...Gov't ????

NO! The Prius is from the gov