PDA

View Full Version : Oscars Tonight...9/17?

nismodave
09-17-2011, 12:14 PM
Anyone?

I want everyone to see my new car color and mods.

http://www.240sx.org/links/clubpix/common/brian_rabes.jpg

GTSLOW
09-17-2011, 01:03 PM
That thing is sweet. At least he didn't skimp on the wheels with that sweet ass paint job.

LEWETHETIGER73
09-17-2011, 01:08 PM
Hey now, He is just getting ready for the snow. Can't you tell those are his winter wheels?

CATNHAT
09-17-2011, 02:19 PM
Anyone?

I want everyone to see my new car color and mods.

http://www.240sx.org/links/clubpix/common/brian_rabes.jpg

HUGE IMPROVEMENT!!

What time??

bikedad
09-17-2011, 02:26 PM
I'm a newb. Which Oscars it this held at?
West Allis or Waukesha?

nismodave
09-17-2011, 02:43 PM
9ish.....West Allis.

So whos in? Might go drink instead if only a couple of people goin.

pOrk
09-17-2011, 02:55 PM
Likely will be there :)

Wagonbacker9
09-17-2011, 02:56 PM
I'm on call until 10 so I may come out after if nothing else is going on. Drinks sound like a great idea as well though.

jbiscuit
09-17-2011, 03:30 PM
Nan and Nismo lining them up?

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
09-17-2011, 03:50 PM
Nan and Nismo lining them up?
Don't be ridiculous J, Nan doesn't have the balls to do that.

GTSLOW
09-17-2011, 04:17 PM
I've got my winter wheels and engine on.

Also one of the blades on my turbonator got bent. Guess my manifold pressure was to high.

CATNHAT
09-17-2011, 04:18 PM
9ish.....West Allis.

So whos in? Might go drink instead if only a couple of people goin.

I like this idea better. Just installed pinion shims and drop shackles in the truck. Ready for a beer now.

Reverend Cooper
09-17-2011, 04:48 PM
Poncho Nan couldn't out run Dave's car if it was being pushed. I might be convinced if others are going.

GTSLOW
09-17-2011, 04:54 PM
^ I've been trying to say this for years. More weight less hp.

Although if my over night parts from australia get here it would be another story. Id be ready for drag wars then.

PureSound15
09-17-2011, 05:26 PM
I'll probably stop by if I take the car out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moparjim
09-17-2011, 05:28 PM
My kid and i will probably be out.

88Nightmare
09-17-2011, 05:29 PM
I may swing by on my way home

michelle
09-17-2011, 05:34 PM
Yep. Swappin' tires and heading out later.

88Nightmare
09-17-2011, 07:06 PM
I'll be out there around 10 or 10:30

nismodave
09-17-2011, 07:25 PM
Oscars, then a couple beers.

Holeshot
09-17-2011, 07:44 PM
Ill come up for a lil while.

nismodave
09-17-2011, 07:46 PM
Ill come up for a lil while.

In the GTO?

GTSLOW
09-17-2011, 07:49 PM
Oh snap may have a good turnout :D

Holeshot
09-17-2011, 07:56 PM
Sure . My plates are expired so I have to be a good boy. :/

Tiresmoke
09-17-2011, 08:05 PM
I'll probably swing up there.

Wagonbacker9
09-17-2011, 09:06 PM
well, if I won't be the only GTO... lol

GTSLOW
09-17-2011, 09:21 PM
On the way down from madison.

Wagonbacker9
09-17-2011, 09:28 PM
On the way down from madison.

shit, now I have to face the dude I constantly call out for not showing up. I was counting on that never happening! LOL

Irish
09-17-2011, 09:46 PM
Stopped by at 9. No one was there.

awsomeears
09-17-2011, 11:18 PM
WTF who stalls there car in 1st gear like a Rookie Biotch ?

<----------------- This guy

Tonight was the 1st time I drove the Neon with the new bigger turbo setup and quite possibly will be the last, gotta pretty her up and Sell it !!! Man this is going to be hard the car flat out Hauls ass.....

Good to see a Ton of people out, nice cool Fall Weather

88Nightmare
09-17-2011, 11:31 PM

Tonight was the 1st time I drove the Neon with the new bigger turbo setup and quite possibly will be the last, gotta pretty her up and Sell it !!! Man this is going to be hard the car flat out Hauls ass.....

Good to see a Ton of people out, nice cool Fall Weather

Fuckin ricer lol

Wagonbacker9
09-17-2011, 11:48 PM
So, Jim, you left in a hurry (pun intended). Good show.

I did that last week "racing" liz... it happens to the best of us. LOL

Dr.Buick
09-18-2011, 12:15 AM
:rolfmy shit is too weak to hang with you guys and Tri wanted some again :rolf

michelle
09-18-2011, 12:19 AM
Good to see some people out and about, even if it was cold.

awsomeears
09-18-2011, 12:33 AM

I was going to ask you, did you really drive from Slinger ? thats a haul .... well not really but for your setup Jesus !

Dr.Buick
09-18-2011, 12:36 AM
I was going to ask you, did you really drive from Slinger ? thats a haul .... well not really but for your setup Jesus !

yep I drive that car every were! ot to RA down to GLD its a street car

awsomeears
09-18-2011, 12:40 AM
yep I drive that car every were! ot to RA down to GLD its a street car

Nice !!!

I was going to race you heads up for a cheese burger but you had 2 turbo's........... Very very very nice Gnx

Dr.Buick
09-18-2011, 12:42 AM
Nice !!!

I was going to race you heads up for a cheese burger but you had 2 turbo's........... Very very very nice Gnx

thanks

Nickerz
09-18-2011, 01:21 AM
My kid and i will probably be out.

Thanks for the ride ;) BEAST!

Moparjim
09-18-2011, 01:44 AM
I had a good time. Not too many good weather days left. I was hoping more people would be out though.

michelle
09-18-2011, 10:20 AM
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/321025_740359478708_219700023_36641885_1385492316_ n.jpg

Now it plays nice and runs. Oh well. (:

bikedad
09-18-2011, 11:03 AM
Had a nice time last night. Met more people from the club. Nice talking with you Jim.
Sorry I couldn't stick around real long but I had a Duathlon race early this morning.

Nickerz
09-18-2011, 11:36 AM

55 degree night? That would have been a good race. He was game, but no one had your number at least for a while. You got him nice and heated! :rolf

Dr.Buick
09-18-2011, 11:40 AM
55 degree night? That would have been a good race. He was game, but no one had your number at least for a while. You got him nice and heated! :rofl:

He had his chance last year! the look on his face when I hooked 1500rwhp to the ground on the street his eyes looked like a american :rolf

Nickerz
09-18-2011, 12:11 PM
He had his chance last year! the look on his face when I hooked 1500rwhp to the ground on the street his eyes looked like a american :rolf

Holy epic quote batman :headbang

Reverend Cooper
09-18-2011, 12:29 PM
No offense to anyone,but Tri wanted nothing to do with jims old car,and this one would beat him to.

LIZMO
09-18-2011, 01:09 PM
I Called Jim last night after Jim left cause Tri wanted to run the black car he had out last night. But Jim told me the same thing, That he had his chance last year. I'd like to see this race get off though. Always good to see some racing. Jim you should have my number now and i can get ahold of Tri for you if you re-consider. Alot of Tri's friends were talking that your car had no chance. So it woulda been nice to see what actually happens. - Nick (on liz's account)

Dr.Buick
09-18-2011, 01:25 PM
I Called Jim last night after Jim left cause Tri wanted to run the black car he had out last night. But Jim told me the same thing, That he had his chance last year. I'd like to see this race get off though. Always good to see some racing. Jim you should have my number now and i can get ahold of Tri for you if you re-consider. Alot of Tri's friends were talking that your car had no chance. So it woulda been nice to see what actually happens. - Nick (on liz's account) They are right it has no chance because its not going to happen. They all talked shit the same way last year that MY car had NO CHANCE. Till coop and myself blasted down tower at 160 in a SNAP. Like I said last night he backed out not me, he had his one and only shot at the Dr.

stealthy1ss
09-18-2011, 03:50 PM
I Called Jim last night after Jim left cause Tri wanted to run the black car he had out last night. But Jim told me the same thing, That he had his chance last year. I'd like to see this race get off though. Always good to see some racing. Jim you should have my number now and i can get ahold of Tri for you if you re-consider. Alot of Tri's friends were talking that your car had no chance. So it woulda been nice to see what actually happens. - Nick (on liz's account)

Of course his so called friends said that Jim stands no chance. Tri drives a GTR!!:wow I really don't know why people get all hot and bothered when they see a GTR.

nismodave
09-18-2011, 04:03 PM
The Following is OPINION, and Non-Biased......

While I too think that Jims car would win this race, I think do to the fact that Tri has done some HP upgrades from last year (from what I understand) and the fact that the GTR has AWD and Launch Control.....That the race would not start out as a WALK for either car....

I do think Jims car makes too much power for the GTR....And would pull by it.

Both cars are SUPER BAD ASS FAST!!......And I would give a pinky toe to own either one.

Moparjim
09-18-2011, 04:05 PM
I didnt hear anyone from tris friends talking that jim had no chance. Most including myself thouht it would have been a good race to see. Given the low temps i know i couldnt hook for crap and would guess jim would have the same issues so so the awd gtr would indeed o think have been a good race.

Irish
09-18-2011, 04:06 PM
he had his one and only shot at the Dr.

Are you an MD or do you have a PHd?

I think it's pretty cool that there are Dr's that are into American muscle/brands. All the Dr's I know are into exotics or sail boats lol.

Moparjim
09-18-2011, 04:09 PM
Remember also that on the street the opportunity to run him down on the top end might not be there given most of the short racing spots and 160 om the street being a bit out of hand lol. I know i probably would have had trouble beating him last night given id have to walk it out of the hole and hope to run him down and then who judges the finish or when to quit...

michelle
09-18-2011, 04:09 PM
Are you an MD or do you have a PHd?

I think it's pretty cool that there are Dr's that are into American muscle/brands. All the Dr's I know are into exotics or sail boats lol.

Haha...

nismodave
09-18-2011, 04:18 PM
Dr means DRAG RADIAL in both cases......

Wagonbacker9
09-18-2011, 04:31 PM
I can't help but imagine the Tran family while witnessing that whole incident. I know thats wrong. lol

Reverend Cooper
09-18-2011, 05:24 PM
seems funny how he and his cronies could say anything after not wanting anything to do with the car last year,160 on the street jim comes quick in a 7=8 sec car as you know

Irish
09-18-2011, 07:34 PM
Dr means DRAG RADIAL in both cases......

So "Tri" already had his chance at the Drag Radial? I don't get it. So confused now.

Prince Valiant
09-18-2011, 07:45 PM
So "Tri" already had his chance at the Drag Radial? I don't get it. So confused now.Jim (Dr. Buick) calls himself "Dr. Buick" as fun jab at "Dr. Ford". Neither are Medical Doctors nor as best as I can tell have been conferred doctors of philosophy, Chiropractics, Osteopathy, Podiatry, Physical Therapy, nor have been conferred honorary doctorates by an accredited university. Maybe of Naturopathy or Chinese/Eastern Medicine...but again, doubtful.

What they can be fairly considered is Dr.'s of dragracing/streetracing/racing/cars. Both have/had bad-ass cars that few in the nation can triffle with. Both work with cars for a living and as their hobbies. Drag Radial Buick or Ford...wouldn't want to bet against either.

awsomeears
09-18-2011, 07:58 PM
Jim (Dr. Buick) calls himself "Dr. Buick" as fun jab at "Dr. Ford". Neither are Medical Doctors nor as best as I can tell have been conferred doctors of philosophy, Chiropractics, Osteopathy, Podiatry, Physical Therapy, nor have been conferred honorary doctorates by an accredited university. Maybe of Naturopathy or Chinese/Eastern Medicine...but again, doubtful.

What they can be fairly considered is Dr.'s of dragracing/streetracing/racing/cars. Both have/had bad-ass cars that few in the nation can triffle with. Both work with cars for a living and as their hobbies. Drag Radial Buick or Ford...wouldn't want to bet against either.

God dam chris your are a Hoot !!!

Irish
09-18-2011, 07:59 PM
Jim (Dr. Buick) calls himself "Dr. Buick" as fun jab at "Dr. Ford". Neither are Medical Doctors nor as best as I can tell have been conferred doctors of philosophy, Chiropractics, Osteopathy, Podiatry, Physical Therapy, nor have been conferred honorary doctorates by an accredited university. Maybe of Naturopathy or Chinese/Eastern Medicine...but again, doubtful.

So basically, their a doctor like Dr. Pepper is a doctor. Thanks for the clarification.

CATNHAT
09-18-2011, 08:16 PM
sounds like a very interesting night! sorry I missed it. Sounds like some top-notch entertainment!!

-stew-
09-18-2011, 08:19 PM
So basically, their a doctor like Dr. Pepper is a doctor. Thanks for the clarification.

I think more like the way Dr. Dre is a doctor.

Dr.Buick
09-18-2011, 08:50 PM

Long and short Dr Ford And Myself Dr Buick Both Build and maintain BAD ASS cars. There Are very few that have made 2000 HP around here. And we are 2 Of the best at making HP and getting cars to run. We don't need all wheel drive and launch control to get our cars to hook on the street. My car I had last night has 5 grand maybe if that in the engine and I will bet it puts down way more than his GTR, Him (tra tri pie what ever his name is) slapped his gums and all of his possie too, at tower last summer till Coop and myself made a test blast than all we heard was crickets! so he gets NO SHOT and MY ride.

Irish
09-18-2011, 08:58 PM
Long and short Dr Ford And Myself Dr Buick Both Build and maintain BAD ASS cars. There Are very few that have made 2000 HP around here. And we are 2 Of the best at making HP and getting cars to run. We don't need all wheel drive and launch control to get our cars to hook on the street. My car I had last night has 5 grand maybe if that in the engine and I will bet it puts down way more than his GTR, Him (tra tri pie what ever his name is) slapped his gums and all of his possie too, at tower last summer till Coop and myself made a test blast than all we heard was crickets! so he gets NO SHOT and MY ride.

By "around here" do you mean this website or do you mean Milwaukee/ Chicago area (meaning people that run at the grove) ?

Irish
09-18-2011, 09:00 PM
Oh, three more questions, lol.

Did the "doctors" ever race?

If so, who won?

If not, why haven't you raced? It sounds like THAT would be an interesting race.

Dr.Buick
09-18-2011, 09:03 PM
By "around here" do you mean this website or do you mean Milwaukee/ Chicago area (meaning people that run at the grove) ?

Jim does national stuff. Myself just build shit for people. not many around here! IDK about Chicago don't go there

Prince Valiant
09-18-2011, 09:07 PM
So basically, their a doctor like Dr. Pepper is a doctor. Thanks for the clarification.Also, I'm not really a royal prince either, didn't know if you knew.

Dr.Buick
09-18-2011, 09:16 PM
Oh, three more questions, lol.

Did the "doctors" ever race?

If so, who won?

If not, why haven't you raced? It sounds like THAT would be an interesting race.

Nope we help each outher not race we have way too much respect.

Irish
09-18-2011, 09:32 PM
Nope we help each outher not race we have way too much respect.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. I appreciate it!

I do have one more lol.

It's seems like you are friends based of this post. What does racing one of your buddies have to do with respect?

It's just for fun.

The day I'm not having fun with cars, racing my buddies and strangers... etc... is the day I'll move on to something else that is fun.

Maybe I'm missing something or maybe it has something to do with running 2000 hp cars.

Irish
09-18-2011, 09:34 PM
Oops... Forgot to add this,

Also, it sounds like you two would be the only ones that would be a challenge for each other. It can't be very much fun dominating everyone all the time. It wouldn't be for me because there would be no challenge.

Dr.Buick
09-18-2011, 09:38 PM
Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. I appreciate it!

I do have one more lol.

It's seems like you are friends based of this post. What does racing one of your buddies have to do with respect?

It's just for fun.

The day I'm not having fun with cars, racing my buddies and strangers... etc... is the day I'll move on to something else that is fun.

Maybe I'm missing something or maybe it has something to do with running 2000 hp cars.

because it did not matter to eather of us who's car was faster. It would be like racing ourself because we both help each outher out! racing a low 8-7 sec car is not the same as running around light to light or making passes at the track lots of work and prep to make a pass

Ricky Bobby
09-18-2011, 09:46 PM
this shit is soo funny

Irish
09-18-2011, 10:00 PM
because it did not matter to eather of us who's car was faster. It would be like racing ourself because we both help each outher out! racing a low 8-7 sec car is not the same as running around light to light or making passes at the track lots of work and prep to make a pass

No, I get that part. I am not completely naive ( not saying that you said/implying I was )

I understand that it takes some coin just to make one pass in that kind of car. Not mention the money it cost to maintain the car and support functions of the car (ie.. Trailer to haul the car, specialty tools to fix/work on the car, cage certifications, safety equipment, etc..)

With that being said, it is still difficult for me to understand what it has to do with respect.

Can someone explain that part to me ?

WhatsADSM
09-18-2011, 10:01 PM
I think doctor is more like the doctors on general hospital. Dr drama?

Seriously though. Last year tri had nothing for Jim. This year Jim really doesn't have anything for tri since Jim sold the fast car. And his new car is more of a street cruiser and doesn't have the tires/suspension to make it competetive in a street race.

Lash
09-18-2011, 10:02 PM
Also, I'm not really a royal prince either, didn't know if you knew.

Well, spank my ass and call me Nan!!!! Who woulda thought!:banana

Taetsch Z-24
09-18-2011, 10:06 PM
So, from what I gather I picked a hell of a weekend to take the 450R back up north....

damnit!

-stew-
09-18-2011, 10:09 PM
Also, I'm not really a royal prince either, didn't know if you knew.

Dream crusher!

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
09-18-2011, 10:53 PM
Jebus H, is Kid Cougar posting again under a different name?

xxtremeteam
09-19-2011, 12:13 AM

I had the same thought but blamed the meds

Wagonbacker9
09-19-2011, 12:47 AM
No, I get that part. I am not completely naive ( not saying that you said/implying I was )

I understand that it takes some coin just to make one pass in that kind of car. Not mention the money it cost to maintain the car and support functions of the car (ie.. Trailer to haul the car, specialty tools to fix/work on the car, cage certifications, safety equipment, etc..)

With that being said, it is still difficult for me to understand what it has to do with respect.

Can someone explain that part to me ?

I think you should probably let it go.

-stew-
09-19-2011, 04:59 AM

http://tapatalk.com/mu/a6b50227-1325-113d.jpg

Jebus.

Irish
09-19-2011, 08:51 AM
I think you should probably let it go.

Uh... Ok?

Irish
09-19-2011, 08:53 AM

No Uncle Ben, I am not kid cougar.

PureSound15
09-19-2011, 09:20 AM
No Uncle Ben, I am not kid cougar.

Don't worry, Ben is part of our community outreach program where we let the ill and mentally challenge post on a few topics within the forum.

Guys, I don't think this guy is asking ridiculous questions considering he hasn't been on here reading the latest post as soon as it pops up like many of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FourEyedFord
09-19-2011, 06:29 PM
lol at this thread!

Damn looks like I missed out last weekend! Me and a buddy rolled down to the lakefront Saturday, instead of hwy.
MoparJim, hows the car running this year, haven't seen you in while? I am with you by the way, a 10sec AWD car on a cool night is going to be hard to compete with no matter how fast the RWD car is. Now at the track that is a different story...

Moparjim
09-20-2011, 09:45 AM
Car is runnong good at least for cruising around im just running on the wastegate springs lol. Probably about 900-1000 rwhp that is more than enough to have fun with on the street. I have been broke as heck as far as car funds i am sure you can guess one of he main reasons why so i have not been able to get more cage chute etc put in so i can get it down to the strip and try for a seeious timeslip. Finally got the challenger paint finished at authentic so hopefully on the next year or two i can stop shoveling cash at that thing and get serious about tracking the viper. In he meantime ive just been driving it around when i can and having a littlw fun out on the street while trying real hard not to break anything lol.

Taetsch Z-24
09-20-2011, 10:00 AM
http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/public/gRzFWX68m5Pv2uBKPeSpRAoH_OZYJnFcyKMhFSUIsnqRObIUHE rmKkaBkfQBfK9LhBOFB5vbB6-5etmNCDjId90Kqe33m-aGyK1HLbafAmgk-58W62esHx2ePXr7QZ-sk6uE2HFrE_7mniOsUJQcXbuwZpE537GKrf35AZnGsLc

So if I had one of these laying around, would you want it?

Moparjim
09-20-2011, 10:23 AM
No lol I do indeed have a boost controller and have run the car at 28 psi, just chose to run on the springs at 15 or so since even 1000 RWHP is more than I need on the street on drag radials, and is still good for low 9s...

At 28 psi I couldn't get a remotely clean pass the one time I had it at the strip without slicks, it was ridiculous. I now have some CCWs and Quicktime Pros but as stated lack some critical safety/tech gear and the pocketbook depth to turn it up to kill and take it to the track, not to mention increased chances of breaking stuff.

FourEyedFord
09-20-2011, 01:32 PM
Car is runnong good at least for cruising around im just running on the wastegate springs lol. Probably about 900-1000 rwhp that is more than enough to have fun with on the street. I have been broke as heck as far as car funds i am sure you can guess one of he main reasons why so i have not been able to get more cage chute etc put in so i can get it down to the strip and try for a seeious timeslip. Finally got the challenger paint finished at authentic so hopefully on the next year or two i can stop shoveling cash at that thing and get serious about tracking the viper. In he meantime ive just been driving it around when i can and having a littlw fun out on the street while trying real hard not to break anything lol.

Oh yeah I can guess, but its good that you got the challenger coming around again. It would be sweet to see the viper on some real tires with the big tuneup in it at the track!
I am in street mode right now too. I have been switching in out of track mode all year, but now I am just kind of worn out from the track, lol. I am having just as much fun bombing around on the street.

Taetsch Z-24
09-20-2011, 03:13 PM
LOL @ the boost controller thing. I always liked how it felt just on WG anyways, almost more responsive.
(Or it could have been a T304E .52\.72 on a little ass 2.3 wrong wheel drive...)

Hope this coming weekend is fun too! I will be home to come out.