PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Dash

Karps TA
09-15-2011, 01:16 PM
Anyone doing it this weekend?

www.warriordash.com

We're running Sunday morning. Should be a blast.

Silver350
09-15-2011, 02:56 PM
I am not. I know a lot of people doing it but seeing I have been dealing with shin splints I didnt want to try it. I might try to do that one next year. Youll have to let me know how it was.

Yooformula
09-15-2011, 05:58 PM
very cool. my brother just did it in NC about 2 weeks ago.

Rifleman WI
09-16-2011, 10:43 AM
My sister, brother-in-law, and a few of their friends are going.

Prince Valiant
09-16-2011, 02:10 PM
Never really got these...I mean, they're hard, no doubt. But I see the ads that say "what's harder? running 26.2 miles in a straight line? Or X miles over a course?"

Having done both, 26.2 miles in a straight line, no doubt is harder, lol. These warrior/whatever races are just good drinking fun that get you sore, tired, and dirty during....

Taetsch Z-24
09-16-2011, 03:45 PM
SONOFABITCH!

Last time I had to do shit like that I had NOTHING like that to look at, or drink for that matter!
I got jiped!

Looks fun... Don't think I would drink and run though...

VroomPshhTsi
09-16-2011, 04:58 PM
It's something for people to do to get off of their fat asses, so I am all for it.

Karps TA
09-16-2011, 05:16 PM
I've been doing a couple 5K's the past year and wanted to try something different and a little more fun. Running pretty much sux. Next year I want to do Tough Mudder, supossedly a friend already signed me up on a team with the trainers from his gym. But they have it scheduled for mid October, which could really suck weather wise. I'd rather do this in 80's then 50's.

IcePickFreak
09-18-2011, 12:03 AM
They need to have one of these locally...
http://runforyourlives.com/

drewbird91
09-19-2011, 12:18 PM
I've been doing a couple 5K's the past year and wanted to try something different and a little more fun. Running pretty much sux. Next year I want to do Tough Mudder, supossedly a friend already signed me up on a team with the trainers from his gym. But they have it scheduled for mid October, which could really suck weather wise. I'd rather do this in 80's then 50's.

I did Tough Mudder July 23rd at Devil's Head. I would recommend it to anyone physically fit or someone wanting a goal to work towards. The first 5 miles where all up and down the ski hill. It was such a challenge. The elements are part of it, it was 95* when we started.

There is a Tough Mudder May 19th & 20th in Somerset, WI:
http://toughmudder.com/events/twincities/
Which you can register for now.

Otherwise they have the one in Madison Oct. 13th and 14th.

One of the guys I work with did Warrior Dash this last weekend and was done in just over 22 minutes.

Karps TA
09-19-2011, 12:24 PM
tough mudder is too much running for me I think. I despise distance running. 5K is about as much as I care to do. I plan on signing up for metro dash instead. That looks more like something I would enjoy training for. More strong man like and sprinting then distance.

Warrior Dash was a lot of fun though. Wish the weather would have been better. Freezing afterwards.

946speedz
09-19-2011, 01:36 PM
did warrior dash sunday in the 12:00 heat, it was a blast.....not very difficult but got stuck behind a very large group of uncoordinated people that held us up at every single obstacle. Overall was well worth it, will be doing the michigan, minnesota, and wisconsin warrior dash next year as well as the tough mudder....