PDA

View Full Version : 1986 Mazda RX-7 GXL-T - 360+whp

The Shaolin
09-13-2011, 10:14 AM
This is just sitting and I don't have the money to fix it, and I'm kinda losing interest. I'm not interested in losing a ton of money on this, if I don't get what it's worth, I'll hang onto it and drive it next year.

Basically I bought the car in 2007 and it had been in a garage with no engine since 2000. I spent 3 years pretty much rebuilding everything from the ground up, drove it for a summer, and then the voltage regulator on the alt went out, made the Haltech hiccup, and I cracked a side seal, pulled the engine, and it's sat for almost a year now.

Dyno-ed at 361whp on 13psi on an ULTRA ULTRA rich tune (pegged wideband rich with the meth). I ran it at 17 for a while, dunno how much power it made, but it broke the back tires loose when the turbo spooled at the top of the onramp going about 85....hahaha. Power hits like a freight train and pulls all the way to 8 grand. With a few more mods (boost controller, clutch, upgraded rear plate on engine) this thing could see 500.

To get it running again:
-Engine would need new side seals ($100) and assembly. Rest of the parts are re-usable.
-I got rid of the crappy intercooler setup on the car in anticipation of doing a vmount through the vented hood. There is no intercooler or piping.
-Voltage issue that caused the engine to go needs to be addressed. New alternator should do it.
-Haltech came from the factory with a burned out injector driver....thus, the two secondary injectors are running off the same driver. This is how it was dynoed and ran all year, but I guess it's sort of a band-aid fix. I think Haltech wanted $350 to repair it.

Partial parts list...i'm not going to type out everything cause it would take me a week. Hah.

-Streetported S4 13B turbo block
-13B-T Transmission, custom adapted drive shaft, N/A clutch type LSD rear end
-Lightweight flywheel and ACT street sprung clutch kit (rated for 330TQ)
-Holset H1E turbo (Pretty big...should max around ~500whp)
-Custom 4" downpipe, heat wrapped, into 3" straight pipe with can (surprisingly not loud).
-Turblown turbo manifold with 2.5" primaries and external dump tube through a Tial 44mm.
-1000cc primary, 1600cc secondary injectors...both are 1200 miles after brand new or clean and flow test.
-Walbro fuel pump, 6an fuel lines from tank forward
-I spent $600 on the braided stainless fuel lines and rails and pressure regulator in the engine bay alone...and that was secondhand.
-Koyo aluminum radiator with electric fan

-Racing Beat front and rear swaybars
-Racing beat springs
-Tokico White adjustable shocks
-Rims/Tires (one season on them, backs have camber wear down to the bars, could maybe flip em and run them another year.)
-New stock master cylinder, 4 calipers, brake slave.
-Hawk HPS pads all around

-Haltech e6x with terminated harness
-LS1 coils
-Gauges, oil temp, oil pressure, water temp, wideband, exhaust temp
-Devil's Own Meth injection kit...5 and 10 GPH nozzles

-Fiberglass hood....needs paint.
-No carpet or door panels
-Cheap racing seats with stock belts

Lots of more odds and ends...more pics and details available to interested parties.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b174/schlawin/DSC_0047-2.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b174/schlawin/DSC_0143.jpg

$7500 OBO. Open to trades
I need a good DD, but I'm picky. Truck, Jeep, offroad toy...more parts, whatever, we'll talk.

Silver86
09-13-2011, 05:28 PM
what did i tell you!?

The Shaolin
09-14-2011, 06:40 AM
I think it was "You're not selling your RX-7". Hahaha. I still might keep it.