PDA

View Full Version : Boat maintenance/repair, winter storage, and detailing......

Car Guy
09-09-2011, 04:08 PM
I am looking for suggestions/referrals for boat maintenance/repair, winter storage, and a thorough in/out detailing. The boat is a 1990 16' Sea Ray with an inboard 3.0L MerCruiser engine and is used at our family's cabin on Long Lake in Fond Du Lac county, specifically the town of Dundee (W00T!). I am willing to travel a reasonable distance if the situation is ideal but not too far. Also would be great if everything can be accomplished at one location, would save a lot of time and hassle on our part......

The boat has low(er) operating hours and no known issues other than a hard forward/reverse engage that makes me cringe every time. Other than that I want everything mechanical inspected from front to back and top to bottom. I want to know if investing money at this point in time is worthwhile or if cutting our losses is a better idea. Cosmetically it looks like your typical boat sitting in a weed infested mud bottom lake every summer season for ten years. This boat was cosmetically near perfect when purchased ten years ago and I would love to bring back some of its former self. Indoor storage is highly preferred and would be needed for every winter season.....

Any input is much appreciated...!!! :thumbsup

STANMAN
09-09-2011, 07:33 PM
For detailing I would recommend CMG, our own Yoo! Best detailer I have found yet, hands down, you will not be dissapointed no matter how far you have to travel. He's on the North Side of Milwaukee. I know he does some mobile detailing, but I would think a project that large he would want brought to him. Drop him a PM, his prices are untouchable and his service is unbeatable.

http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/gallery/album53

http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/gallery/album65

loud91rs
09-09-2011, 09:02 PM
Boat care & services is where my bosses take their boats. I am pretty sure they will do anything there is to do to boats. They are in Pewaukee.