PDA

View Full Version : Clutch went in the wrx!

BigSnailBuick
09-08-2011, 05:10 PM
Its been going for a few weeks now but finally gave out in rush hour coming home from school yesterday. I chattered my way 15 miles home in the right lane :chair: Anywho clutch that was in it was an Exedy stage 1 with absurdly light flywheel for autox.

I really havent been in the import scene for a while so anyone know any good places online to order a clutch/flywheel package for the scooby? Best ive seen so far is:

http://www.maperformance.com/act-heavy-duty-clutch-kit-act-streetlite-flywheel-wrx-sti.html

Any suggestions for a better place to get one? Id love to get a combo deal on something nice for 500-700 but that doesnt seem to be possible if I want any sort of quality. I also have read that the 02 scoobies have a glass trans so a hefty clutch can break shit pretty fast. My trans has a little work done though so hopefully it wont be my case.

WhatsADSM
09-08-2011, 05:18 PM
I use thmotorsports fairly frequently for my mail order import stuff like that. FWIW I priced out an ACT HD/SS clutch kit and ACT Streetlite flywheel (a reasonable 13.9lbs) for $789.09 shipped from them.

www.thmotorsports.com

Edit: If you wanted to be a little risky and try competition clutch instead of ACT you could save another $100 to $150 off that.

Also there is a clutchmasters fx100 with flywheel kit for just under $800 on there as well.
P/N: 15-106-HD00-AL

They are also (fairly) local.. In chicagoland, met some people that worked there once at local HPDE. Nice guys.

BigSnailBuick
09-08-2011, 05:20 PM
I use thmotorsports fairly frequently for my mail order import stuff like that. FWIW I priced out an ACT HD/SS clutch kit and ACT Streetlite flywheel (a reasonable 13.9lbs) for $789.09 shipped from them.

www.thmotorsports.com

NICE! Excellent find sir....I may just have to order that right now.

WhatsADSM
09-08-2011, 05:23 PM
NICE! Excellent find sir....I may just have to order that right now.

Just editted my first post. There are some other options as well if you want to try something other than ACT. Comp. clutch actually has a pretty good reputation in the Honda world for clutches, but ultimately its your call. ACT has been around for a while.

BigSnailBuick
09-08-2011, 05:27 PM
Just editted my first post. There are some other options as well if you want to try something other than ACT. Comp. clutch actually has a pretty good reputation in the Honda world for clutches, but ultimately its your call. ACT has been around for a while.

Yea the only thing I have been going off is reviews on the subie forums.... I also noticed unlike 99% of other clutch companies... Act sells individual components like the clutch itself so you dont have to replace everything if it isnt needed and money is tight. Kind of a nice feature.

BigSnailBuick
09-08-2011, 05:56 PM
Well I ordered it....You saved me almost $200..shall we meet one day a free beer will be yours :goof