PDA

View Full Version : Corner Weighting

phatspeed
09-06-2011, 02:42 PM
Any other good shops that corner weight besides big bear in Oconomowoc? Looking for something a little closer to milwaukee area.

Crawlin
09-06-2011, 07:22 PM
Clocks Off Racing can get you what you need. Was interesting watching how its done and what gets adjusted.

juicedimpss
09-08-2011, 09:10 AM
we can do it!!
http://main.clocksoffracing.com/assets/NewFolder/baileyDWcamaro.jpg

Crawlin
09-08-2011, 01:57 PM
that car looks sweet...

wireless :) hahahaha

austena123
09-08-2011, 02:46 PM
Good jesus lord I need to know the specs on that car. Can you PM me?

juicedimpss
09-08-2011, 03:04 PM
Good jesus lord I need to know the specs on that car. Can you PM me?

69 Camaro with a Steve Morris powered f2 BBC. nothin like 17xxhp on 92 octane from the pump.hahaha

we just made a bunch of huge changes to the car and it will be going on Drag week...leaving here saturday.
hard to beat a 1200 mile maiden voyage.

michelle
09-08-2011, 03:31 PM
I wish our scales were wireless. And newer. And calibrated.

wrath
09-08-2011, 08:28 PM
You really need to know where the weight actually is in the car because just adding static sprung weight in some corner might get you to where you want to be as far as what the static scales say but in the end hurt performance by adding weight. Plus, some people end up adding the weight really high on the chassis in front of the front axle or behind the rear axle, which is a bad idea. Static scales on one plane should really only be used for removing weight.

For testing, I found a leather bag, a bunch of small freezer (or storage) ziplocs, and some lead shot works pretty well.

A hillbilly method for finding where the weight is uses a fork truck or chain fall, a tension scale, and three normal scales.

juicedimpss
09-09-2011, 08:43 AM
You really need to know where the weight actually is in the car because just adding static sprung weight in some corner might get you to where you want to be as far as what the static scales say but in the end hurt performance by adding weight. Plus, some people end up adding the weight really high on the chassis in front of the front axle or behind the rear axle, which is a bad idea. Static scales on one plane should really only be used for removing weight.

For testing, I found a leather bag, a bunch of small freezer (or storage) ziplocs, and some lead shot works pretty well.

A hillbilly method for finding where the weight is uses a fork truck or chain fall, a tension scale, and three normal scales.

the software for these scales actually has a calculation to figure center of gravity height,and you can calculate where it is front/back by using percentage X wheelbase for the front/back location. no need for a system of forklifts,chainfalls,pulleys or levers. :D

wrath
09-09-2011, 08:11 PM
the software for these scales actually has a calculation to figure center of gravity height,and you can calculate where it is front/back by using percentage X wheelbase for the front/back location. no need for a system of forklifts,chainfalls,pulleys or levers. :D

It's assuming something, it doesn't actually know where the true center of gravity is using four scales in the same plane. It can find it fore and aft, port and starboard... but that's it. And you can do that without a computer.

loud91rs
09-09-2011, 09:01 PM
Sweet to see it done! Pump gas ftw!