PDA

View Full Version : Thank you mark

noeggs4u
09-02-2011, 03:29 PM
Thank you mark scaffidi and all your staffs help from Heiser ford lincoln mercury..I took a chance and called mark and told him i need to get a lower car payment.Him and his staff went above and beyond to help me and got the deal done..I highly recommened them.
Thanks to,Mark Scaffidi,Mark Brosseau,Jeff Wenzen and Peter Butler..

Waver
09-02-2011, 03:30 PM
Thank you mark scaffidi and all your staffs help from Heiser ford lincoln mercury..I took a chance and called mark and told him i need to get a lower car payment.Him and his staff when above and beyond to help me and got the deal done..I highly recommened them.
Thanks to,Mark Scaffidi,Mark Brosseau,Jeff Wenzen and Peter Butler..

So what did you get and what did you get rid of?

noeggs4u
09-02-2011, 03:33 PM
got rid of 2011 fusion sport and got a 2012 fusion se

Waver
09-02-2011, 03:34 PM
Nice

SMOKDU
09-02-2011, 04:07 PM
enjoy the much lower pmt. and new car.

xxtremeteam
09-02-2011, 04:55 PM
Maybe I need to ditch the 07 fusion sport for a newer one

BOSS LX
09-02-2011, 05:04 PM
Mark couldn't give me a good enough deal on a red 2005 Ford!

Waver
09-02-2011, 05:07 PM

Lol I know what one you speak of! I am surprised that isnt his Demo

Slow Joe
09-02-2011, 05:09 PM

x2. Then again, it's worth almost as much as the house we're closing on in a couple weeks.... :rolf :rolf

noeggs4u
09-02-2011, 09:32 PM
No matter what any one says. Mark did good by me. My first dealing with him. He helped me out of something. That is all that matters. If the rest of you have a stick up your ass with him then take it up with him. He did not have any idea who I was but went out of his way to help me. Ty mark.

Z28Envy
09-02-2011, 09:53 PM
My guess is they are ribbing Mark cause he must have a ford GT for sale?

hahaha yep:)

Jgd3IZooLrM

Waver
09-03-2011, 09:40 AM
My guess is they are ribbing Mark cause he must have a ford GT for sale?

hahaha yep:)

Jgd3IZooLrM

That is just it. Nothing bad about Mark, and many of us have known him for years.

SMOKDU
09-06-2011, 04:49 PM

Andy and i are friends and he is just kidding. plus Andy i could not give myself a better deal or i would have bought it. $158000 and it only lasted a week for sale.:fire i wanted it to hang around on the lot for years :D

Nickerz
09-06-2011, 05:12 PM
They screwed me out of my last check and I watched fairly rampant fraud in the F&I department. "You're just out of college so the finance company requires you to buy a warranty." At least in their Milwaukee store. Think that guy quit, who they also tried to screw out of his check, but he was smart enough to use direct deposit to a bank account he could drain. Not to mention another guy at the West Allis store.

Mark is cool, Heiser can die in a dumpster fire.

Edit - Actually you can too Mark. Until you man up and send me my last check. Your family is complicit in that.

GTSLOW
09-06-2011, 08:34 PM
OH snap that came out of no where!

Irish
09-06-2011, 09:51 PM
Insert *gratuitous "oh snap" gif*

Car Guy
09-06-2011, 10:32 PM
Insert *gratuitous "oh snap" gif*

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3/KarGuy/VW-OhSnap1.gif

HP ADDICT
09-06-2011, 11:00 PM
Mark helped me out when I was looking for a new truck. He and his employees made my car buy experience pretty painless. If your looking for a ford I suggest you contact him! Thanks again.

DynoTom
09-07-2011, 12:24 AM
Mark helped out my sister to get a new Explorer and she was very happy with the whole deal...

BOSS LX
09-07-2011, 02:34 AM
Dumpster fire? For real dude? wow

Mark always helps in anyway he can, especially for friends.

Nickerz
09-07-2011, 09:18 AM
Dumpster fire? For real dude? wow

Mark always helps in anyway he can, especially for friends.

Yeah I mean Mark is a cool dude. But watching a litany of people get screwed out of checks is\was not cool. Mind you this happened a long time ago, but when it happened I needed the money. Its $800 if I remember correctly.

Its part of the reason I decided to become self employed, but I won't clear Mark's name in my head until I am paid the money I am owed. Until then I'm not going to say Mark is an upstanding guy, because he isn't.

As an employer myself I couldn't sleep at night doing that kind of stuff to people. When someone works for that money, and depends on it, I couldn't even imagine screwing someone out of that money. Its unconscionable. I think anyone on here that employs people should feel the same way.

GTSLOW
09-07-2011, 10:39 AM
Couldn't you take him to court?

Waver
09-07-2011, 10:47 AM
Yeah I mean Mark is a cool dude. But watching a litany of people get screwed out of checks is\was not cool. Mind you this happened a long time ago, but when it happened I needed the money. Its $800 if I remember correctly.

Its part of the reason I decided to become self employed, but I won't clear Mark's name in my head until I am paid the money I am owed. Until then I'm not going to say Mark is an upstanding guy, because he isn't.

As an employer myself I couldn't sleep at night doing that kind of stuff to people. When someone works for that money, and depends on it, I couldn't even imagine screwing someone out of that money. Its unconscionable. I think anyone on here that employs people should feel the same way.

Honestly, I think you have Mark confused with the former president of the company, who is now no longer with them. When I worked for Heiser, I was never screwed out of money that I was owed. Hell Mark gave me a job when I was laid off shortly after I got out of the hospital.

Nickerz
09-07-2011, 11:14 AM
Couldn't you take him to court?

I was in Finance, and in Finance you are considered a manager\professional. Its the same loophole companies use to overwork salaried employees. I took it to the labor board but Heiser just claimed I was owed nothing since I'm managerial and I had made minimum wage for the month. And of course what am I going to do? I don't have access to their files anymore and any claims for those files they could just alter.

Also at the time I was damn near broke, I couldn't really afford to fight it. There is another legal issue we had to settle on out of court that I don't think I'm allowed to discuss actually. That also involved a huge amount of dishonesty and tomfoolery on their part.

But suffice to say they did not operate in an honest capacity with their managerial employees. The only reason I was ever involved with their company is because they bought out the dealer I was working at.

John Paul was as honest as the day was long. I could never in a million years imagine John Paul withholding someone's check they worked for. Never. Maybe that's why the business was never profitable for him. And my time in the dealer scene seems to support this notion. That the only profitable dealers over the long term are dishonest ones.

As far as confusing Mark with someone else, not so. Mark has family that runs (and I think is a stakeholder as well) the company. Passing the blame stick worked when I was young, but that's not going to fly as I've gotten older.

To Mark and your company, you and your family owe me a check if you are decent people. I have never forgotten about this because I find your conduct so reprehensible.

wikked
09-07-2011, 12:04 PM
http://www.wikked.com/bee/Popcorn.gif

-stew-
09-07-2011, 12:16 PM
Why didn't you talk to your union steward and file a grievance?

Nickerz
09-07-2011, 12:23 PM

What union?

Waver
09-07-2011, 02:07 PM

Union? In the Car business? lol that is funny!

Nickerz
09-07-2011, 04:14 PM
Union? In the Car business? lol that is funny!

I'm sure its a jab to point out a union would have been a good thing. However I'm sure my dues would have absorbed that $800 and then some over the years I spent in the business. But that's a whole separate discussion. I don't know what union dues are, but I thought I've heard people mention like $30 a month or something to that effect. So that would have been a net loss over the years assuming that rate. :goof There was a similar issue with a dealer back when Wilde Pontiac was still around except it ended when a couple people cornered the GM to handle that outside the scope of normal employment.

SMOKDU
09-07-2011, 08:29 PM
I'm sure its a jab to point out a union would have been a good thing. However I'm sure my dues would have absorbed that $800 and then some over the years I spent in the business. But that's a whole separate discussion. I don't know what union dues are, but I thought I've heard people mention like $30 a month or something to that effect. So that would have been a net loss over the years assuming that rate. :goof There was a similar issue with a dealer back when Wilde Pontiac was still around except it ended when a couple people cornered the GM to handle that outside the scope of normal employment.

Sorry for your experience. The old partner we had was kind of an asshole , He was so bad I left the company for 6 years because of him. The new regime treats our employees and customers way better . I know it is hard to please 100% of all people 100% of the time but we at least try now. Call me and I can see what I can do. 1-414-899-9809

05caddyext
09-07-2011, 09:51 PM
I am sorry but people need to be more responsible for their actions when buying a car. No one at the dealership holds a gun to your head. You don't have to sign anything you don't understand. You have all the paperwork in front of you, read it. If you don't understand something, ask. If you aren't happy with the explanation, walk out. They don't rip off anyone who doesn't deserve to be ripped off.

SMOKDU
09-07-2011, 10:05 PM
I am sorry but people need to be more responsible for their actions when buying a car. No one at the dealership holds a gun to your head. You don't have to sign anything you don't understand. You have all the paperwork in front of you, read it. If you don't understand something, ask. If you aren't happy with the explanation, walk out. They don't rip off anyone who doesn't deserve to be ripped off.

i think you need to read back more. this is about an ex employee that was treated bad before the new owners took over. I understand how he feels.

Nickerz
09-08-2011, 12:06 PM
Sorry for your experience. The old partner we had was kind of an asshole , He was so bad I left the company for 6 years because of him. The new regime treats our employees and customers way better . I know it is hard to please 100% of all people 100% of the time but we at least try now. Call me and I can see what I can do. 1-414-899-9809

I think I'll be gone this weekend but I'll try to meet you at Oscars or some car event in the area to hammer things out. Basically it was the last check, $500 in legal fees and $500 "old Heiser" extorted out of me. So figure its about $1800 give or take. If I remember correctly I did wait until the very last day that check was generated and it was in the safe in back under the recommendation of several coworkers. Against the recommendations of coworkers, I did not steal my check out of the safe, even though I had access and technically I could have had possession of the check since I had already earned it under the belief that we could reach an amicable agreement. After I talked with Jim Olson (name may be incorrect, its been 5 years) and we agree'd amicably that it was okay if I left the company the check disappeared.

After that I filed a report with the labor department. In my naivety due to my age and limited exposure at the time to things of this nature we shook on my leaving the company and being square with our contractual obligations. We wrote void on the initial contract for the non-compete in our meeting, however there was a backup copy which Jim used to insist that we never voided that contract. In addition, through discovery when we were in court it was revealed that the contract vastly inflated claimed costs in regards to claimed damages. Another thing I find fairly reprehensible. To be threatened with thousands of dollars of "damages" and find out that it cost the organization roughly $500 was a wake up call.

I am a man of honor, so if you and\or Heiser takes care of this I will not hesitate to recommend Heiser as a dealership and will give Heiser a chance at the next couple cars I buy. I as an employer understand there are rogue employees, even if that went on for 6 years. That is the reason for "new management" signs on buildings.

I while working with you never had a problem with you and found you to be an upstanding person, besides the betrayal I felt from both you and Brian Crandal. Even when you drove the SSR into the door and we all said we would cover for you, you insisted on reporting it and paying out of pocket.

So again, I'm open to squaring things off and would be willing to meet you in person on or off work. Just pick a day that's nice out so we can take a ride in the Cobra\GT500 respectively.

BoosTT
09-08-2011, 05:48 PM
I hope you called and didn't just post this.

Nickerz
09-08-2011, 08:02 PM
I hope you called and didn't just post this.

I'm going to call him next week. I don't have time to call him without rushing a talk and sitting down and what not. Its been 5 years, we've both made our statement on it and I have confidence that Mark will resolve this. I don't want to do him the disservice of calling him and when he says "lets sit down and talk" and not being able to pin a day down or cutting him off in the middle of a conversation. I've got a ton of stuff going on with my business right now and I'm supposed to go camping this weekend, but that's looking less and less possible as my pile gets taller and taller. Calling mark to rush resolution would be a dick move.

But I hear you loud a clear. Marks message by itself was a commendable act from him and Heiser and we'll talk. I hope it ends with a good resolution and some burnouts\doughnuts (yum).

Waver
09-09-2011, 03:00 PM

See, even Mark confirms what I said in a prior post. He is a good guy and Heiser is/was a good company to work for. I left there because it was time for me to "go out on my own". It wasnt because I was getting screwed (not once) or because I didnt like who I was working with/for (mark taught me a lot about sales and I have a lot of respect for him and the current managers there). I am sure that this will be resolved quickly for you.

Nickerz
09-26-2011, 12:49 PM
Mark & Heiser were unwilling to do anything to substantially remedy the situation as I figured. I was offered "Tickets to see the Brewers or Packers." Besides the fact I don't watch sports that falls quiet a bit short of what I am due.

I'm still in awe at the amount of sidestepping and contradictions that came up in the 20 or so minute discussion I had with Mark. Both he and Heiser were worried that if I was paid what I am due, then others could come forward. And if just I was paid it could create an "ethical or moral" problem. You mean like the ethical issue of paying what someone is due?

The whole conversation with Mark basically trying to establish

This is a business decision and its not personal
"New" Heiser is committed to being a different animal
Where do we draw the line?

Maybe its business for you, but its personal to me. "New" Heiser is irrelevant if it hasn't paid what is due. You are old Heiser with a new paint job as far as I'm concerned. Where do you draw the line? How about paying what is due. If its $200,000, then pay up. You stole that money from people that worked for you under the illusion they would be fairly compensated for their work at your company.

The more I thought about this, I realized this little scam has probably screwed past employees out of over a hundred thousand dollars. Now this has gotten really personal with me. The more I thought about it the more I realized how many people this has affected. In fact I remember it being well known that Heiser screwed people over in that arrangement on the regular.

I'm going to figure out a way to make this right if Mark and Heiser can't. I don't believe Mark to be a man of integrity. I put it to him this way. First and foremost. The Scaffitis have an actual stake in the company. So playing the "I'm just an employee" card doesn't work. Secondly, I would NEVER in a million years not pay someone a dime they are due as an employee. I take a considerable amount of care when I hire people because I would never put myself in a position where I couldn't pay someone. That might make the difference between someone being able to pay their bills and being homeless. The difference between starving and being able to feed themselves. These situations are never known to the employer. Besides that its just a fundamental moral absolute. You pay someone what they are due. PERIOD. It's not a business decision. As I put it to Mark "Its being a decent human being."

When you hop into a Ferrari F355 to drive home, you aren't going to convince me that either you or the company can't pay what is due. Pay up, even if its $200,000 if your company is truly "New" Heiser. That's a drop in the bucket and you know it. You're driving a car that could have been entirely funded on the money that people have been screwed out of.

BoosTT
09-26-2011, 02:04 PM
If it's known that you'll get screw on your last check, why did you put in your 2 week notice?

05caddyext
09-26-2011, 02:17 PM
Get a hold of others that worked there and see if it really is a real problem or just a rumor of a problem. If you want to do it right speak to an attorney about filing a class action lawsuit. Otherwise, you should probably worry about them filing a lawsuit against you for libel.

nismodave
09-26-2011, 02:48 PM
I was offered "Tickets to see the Brewers or Packers.

:rolf:rolf:rolf

Waver
09-26-2011, 04:03 PM
Can you really hold new owners/managment responsible for the actions of those who controled it before?

Anyhow, you could of sold the packer/brewer tickets (especially if they were Brewer Playoff tickets) for what was owed to you.......

Adamsy87
09-26-2011, 04:08 PM
Mark is a good guy in my book! Always been willing to help me and anyone else I sent his way.

Lash
09-26-2011, 04:21 PM
Funny how those Ford guys stick together.

Nickerz
09-26-2011, 04:52 PM
Get a hold of others that worked there and see if it really is a real problem or just a rumor of a problem. If you want to do it right speak to an attorney about filing a class action lawsuit. Otherwise, you should probably worry about them filing a lawsuit against you for libel.

I was not paid another paycheck after giving my notice, so its hard to dispute that. There is no libel here. If I had a last paycheck I would be worried, but I was never given a last paycheck.

Its not a rumor, it happened to a lot of people.

Problem is this was in my younger days, when I trusted people in general to do the right thing. I had never in my life run into a situation like that before. I was naive for sure.

I still don't buy "old management" because mark was part of that management and his family had a stake in the company. They are trying to write off the "old company" that is still significantly the same company.

I stand by my existing statement. I would never screw an employee of mine out of a single dime they earned. Its not about business, its about being a decent person. And if that means Heiser needs to man up to a significant payment for previous wrongs, that is the right thing to do. Anything else is business as usual and "old Heiser."

BoosTT
09-26-2011, 07:05 PM
Agreed.

Can you really hold new owners/managment responsible for the actions of those who controled it before?

Anyhow, you could of sold the packer/brewer tickets (especially if they were Brewer Playoff tickets) for what was owed to you.......

Nickerz
09-26-2011, 07:09 PM
Agreed.

The scaffidis have had a financial stake in the company the entire time.

Waver
09-26-2011, 07:21 PM
The scaffidis have had a financial stake in the company the entire time.

No. The owner of the Chevy Store at the time was not a Scaffidi. That was Steve Saddik. He is the one who screwed you out of your money, not Mark. At the time (baised apon when you are saying you worked there), Mark was not even a part of the Heiser organization.

How long ago did this happen? 5-7 years ago? I am sorry, but anyone who dosnt make sure that they do everything to get money that they have coming to them right away deserves to be screwed. 5 years later is not the time to be making claims....5 days later, you bet your ass.

If I am owed money, I make damn sure that I get it using everything that I have at my disposal right away, not 5 years later.

Nickerz
09-27-2011, 01:59 AM
No. The owner of the Chevy Store at the time was not a Scaffidi. That was Steve Saddik. He is the one who screwed you out of your money, not Mark. At the time (baised apon when you are saying you worked there), Mark was not even a part of the Heiser organization.

How long ago did this happen? 5-7 years ago? I am sorry, but anyone who dosnt make sure that they do everything to get money that they have coming to them right away deserves to be screwed. 5 years later is not the time to be making claims....5 days later, you bet your ass.

If I am owed money, I make damn sure that I get it using everything that I have at my disposal right away, not 5 years later.

I worked with mark at the time and his family had a stake in the company. Not going to keep saying that.
All options have been exhausted for a while sans class action. This all started because I saw a post about mark. It's not like I was actively getting into this. I said I find mark to be an unreputable person and people said talk to mark and he would make it right. And neither Heiser or Mark did. Exactly what I expected.

So back to square one. I think mark puts on a good show, but he's not an honest man.

If your organization owes someone money, pay up. Don't drive your Ferrari home and then say "that's the old Heiser."

$1800. Heiser or mark. Doesn't matter. Until then, I consider both to be shady characters. If it was legal to record and post the phone calls I would have. The excuses were astonishing. My employees jaw was on the ground listening. Anyones jaw would have.

Because at the end of the day there is no honest reply for not paying a man what he's due. It's that very behavior that is unwinding the thread of what makes people decent.

You can't even trust a company to pay you the money you're due. I find it laughable anyone has anything to say but pay up. If it was your check you would feel the same way if not worse.

I take it as a life lesson to trust no one when it comes to money. That and I'll forever consider both mark and the organization to be the shady characters they are.

That is my opinion until I am proved wrong by a good faith payment and apology.

Waver
09-27-2011, 09:43 AM
Well, I guess you are going to laugh at this, and I am playing Devils Advocate here. If you are truely owed anything, you could of fought it when it happened. You could of also found a Lawyer who wouldnt of charged you till you won the case (in a lot of cases, they just add on legal fees to what is being sued for)....However you didn't. This brings up a really good question.....Why are you trying to bring this up now? You have been on the forums since 2004. With all of the threads that have been brought up concerning sales that were done through Mark or others on here who have worked for Heiser, you choose now to make a stink about it? Are you doing this out of principal, or are you really that hard up for 1800?

I no longer work for Heiser, however it was my choice to leave. Mark did get me a job there when I needed it, and it lead to some good things in my life. For that I thank him and his family. Nick, with all due respect, if what happened got you to go into business for your self, and you are doing quite well, then maybe it was worth the 1800 that you claim is owed to you. Just a thought.

Nickerz
09-27-2011, 11:40 AM
Well, I guess you are going to laugh at this, and I am playing Devils Advocate here. If you are truely owed anything, you could of fought it when it happened. You could of also found a Lawyer who wouldnt of charged you till you won the case (in a lot of cases, they just add on legal fees to what is being sued for)....However you didn't.

I did at the time, however at the time my resources were limited. It was an uphill battle really. And lawyers do not do "no fee unless you win" for small trivial cases. That comment does show a bit of naivety in regards to legal issues. No fee unless you win is a gimmick to get people in the door with malpractice, accident and other big money settlements. If you come in and they are relatively certain they can win your case and rake in a couple million dollars, sure, no fee unless we win. If you come in with a grievance over $1800 and they MIGHT get something out of it they're gonna want payment upfront at $200 an hour. Even a class action needs a pretty substantial potential payment for them to even consider serving papers and investigating. And even then they might just quit while they are ahead if they realize they don't have the leverage they need in court.

This brings up a really good question.....Why are you trying to bring this up now? You have been on the forums since 2004. With all of the threads that have been brought up concerning sales that were done through Mark or others on here who have worked for Heiser, you choose now to make a stink about it? Are you doing this out of principal, or are you really that hard up for 1800?

As I've stated several times before, I am bringing this up because I saw a thread praising Mark. Its the first time I've seen a thread on him since I've been coming back here. I consider Mark to be a dirtbag and stated my opinion on the matter. This is of course about the principle which is why I didn't accept Brewers or Packers tickets. I also had no interest in the Road America tickets he had either. I don't want to accept $50 or $100 in gifts so Mark can tell himself he did the right thing. I will continue to state my opinion on Mark and Heiser whenever I have the chance.

I no longer work for Heiser, however it was my choice to leave. Mark did get me a job there when I needed it, and it lead to some good things in my life. For that I thank him and his family. Nick, with all due respect, if what happened got you to go into business for your self, and you are doing quite well, then maybe it was worth the 1800 that you claim is owed to you. Just a thought.

I was already working on it before Heiser even bought out the dealer. I registered my business in July of 2005, while working for John Paul. But it definitely provided a kick in the ass to get going. However it changed the way I feel about people and for that I'll be bitter about it until Mark and Heiser own up.

The actions that took place were unconscionable, and the fact that someone can continue to try and spin things like its not their problem and the company owes you nothing is mind blowing. How these guys sleep at night I have no idea. If promise a customer something, and I forget about it and they get back to me outside the chargeback period (after-which their only recourse is court) I absolutely feel a moral obligation to that person, regardless of what I can "get away with."

Same concept really. $1800 is a drop in the bucket for a company that does over a hundred million dollars a year in sales. They have the resources to play the legal games. But I absolutely reserve my right to state my opinion, which is grounded in eye witness accounts that the man is a greedy, dishonest dirtbag.

I feel the same way about Brain Crandal and Jim Olson whom I also worked with at the dealership. I guess the money really is important to the guy. And I hope it helps him sleep at night. But I'll never respect the guy till things are straight. He can build 7 second Mustangs, drive Ferraris and do what he does, but I won't give him an ounce of respect. He's basically just a rich kid doing what rich kids do.

His dad put in all the work and Mark slipped in with the golden spoon. The only thing he had to do is tow the company line. Which probably is what is going on. I'm sure he tried his best for something to happen and he got stone walled. But its his choice to work for an organization like that. And that's plainly an issue of greed. The money is more important. He's not going to go against the grain when a paycheck is on the line. And he certainly isn't going to pull it out of his pocket.

Waver
09-27-2011, 12:07 PM
I did at the time, however at the time my resources were limited. It was an uphill battle really. And lawyers do not do "no fee unless you win" for small trivial cases. That comment does show a bit of naivety in regards to legal issues. No fee unless you win is a gimmick to get people in the door with malpractice, accident and other big money settlements. If you come in and they are relatively certain they can win your case and rake in a couple million dollars, sure, no fee unless we win. If you come in with a grievance over $1800 and they MIGHT get something out of it they're gonna want payment upfront at $200 an hour. Even a class action needs a pretty substantial potential payment for them to even consider serving papers and investigating. And even then they might just quit while they are ahead if they realize they don't have the leverage they need in court.

As I've stated several times before, I am bringing this up because I saw a thread praising Mark. Its the first time I've seen a thread on him since I've been coming back here. I consider Mark to be a dirtbag and stated my opinion on the matter. This is of course about the principle which is why I didn't accept Brewers or Packers tickets. I also had no interest in the Road America tickets he had either. I don't want to accept $50 or $100 in gifts so Mark can tell himself he did the right thing. I will continue to state my opinion on Mark and Heiser whenever I have the chance.

I was already working on it before Heiser even bought out the dealer. I registered my business in July of 2005, while working for John Paul. But it definitely provided a kick in the ass to get going. However it changed the way I feel about people and for that I'll be bitter about it until Mark and Heiser own up.

The actions that took place were unconscionable, and the fact that someone can continue to try and spin things like its not their problem and the company owes you nothing is mind blowing. How these guys sleep at night I have no idea. If promise a customer something, and I forget about it and they get back to me outside the chargeback period (after-which their only recourse is court) I absolutely feel a moral obligation to that person, regardless of what I can "get away with."

Same concept really. $1800 is a drop in the bucket for a company that does over a hundred million dollars a year in sales. They have the resources to play the legal games. But I absolutely reserve my right to state my opinion, which is grounded in eye witness accounts that the man is a greedy, dishonest dirtbag.

I feel the same way about Brain Crandal and Jim Olson whom I also worked with at the dealership. I guess the money really is important to the guy. And I hope it helps him sleep at night. But I'll never respect the guy till things are straight. He can build 7 second Mustangs, drive Ferraris and do what he does, but I won't give him an ounce of respect. He's basically just a rich kid doing what rich kids do.

His dad put in all the work and Mark slipped in with the golden spoon. The only thing he had to do is tow the company line. Which probably is what is going on. I'm sure he tried his best for something to happen and he got stone walled. But its his choice to work for an organization like that. And that's plainly an issue of greed. The money is more important. He's not going to go against the grain when a paycheck is on the line. And he certainly isn't going to pull it out of his pocket.

Well I can understand your feelings on this, however, I have seen a different side of Mark and Heiser over the years than you. I was there in the end of the old managment/owners, as well as have seen with my own eyes the positive changes that Mark and his Family have done since taking complete controll of the company. I honestly would not be afraid to go back to work for him if I was given the oppertunity (however not in sales). The ferarri that you keep referring to is a 95 with a value about the same as your 04 Cobra, and was paid for by insurance money.

It all goes back to what I said, you cant hold new management accountable for the action of the old. Kind of like you cant hold a government official accountable for the mistakes of those who came before them. What new management can do is very limited, and it dosnt always make everyone happy.
Nick, I have a lot of respect for you. I honestly feel that this is just not the medium to be airing your issues with Mark.

Nickerz
09-27-2011, 12:28 PM
Well I can understand your feelings on this, however, I have seen a different side of Mark and Heiser over the years than you. I was there in the end of the old managment/owners, as well as have seen with my own eyes the positive changes that Mark and his Family have done since taking complete control of the company. I honestly would not be afraid to go back to work for him if I was given the opportunity (however not in sales). The ferarri that you keep referring to is a 95 with a value about the same as your 04 Cobra, and was paid for by insurance money.

Nick, I have a lot of respect for you. I honestly feel that this is just not the medium to be airing your issues with Mark.

We can agree to disagree ;) An opinion is just that. My opinion on Mark changed with the first person I hired. After I had to do the math in my head and make sure at all times my employees would be compensated for their work. Maybe its because I haven't been in business long enough to become hardened, but I have considerable loyalty to people that do work for me. And the idea of paying even a nickle less than what is due is a foreign concept to me. When an employee buys lunch, I write it on the board so I don't forget. I guess I just miss the idea of a handshake meaning something and people being decent. That's it really. The F355 is definitely worth at least 2 whipple cobras though ;) Valid point though, I guess I still thought they were going for 70Kish, looks like they're down under 50 now.

We'll have to exchange rides in the stangs

Waver
09-27-2011, 12:34 PM
We can agree to disagree ;) An opinion is just that. My opinion on Mark changed with the first person I hired. After I had to do the math in my head and make sure at all times my employees would be compensated for their work. Maybe its because I haven't been in business long enough to become hardened, but I have considerable loyalty to people that do work for me. And the idea of paying even a nickle less than what is due is a foreign concept to me. When an employee buys lunch, I write it on the board so I don't forget. I guess I just miss the idea of a handshake meaning something and people being decent. That's it really. The F355 is definitely worth at least 2 whipple cobras though ;) Valid point though, I guess I still thought they were going for 70Kish, looks like they're down under 50 now.

We'll have to exchange rides in the stangs

Fair enough. I dont know what you paid for your cobra (but I was guessing some place in the mid 20's).....and I know that some of those Ferarri's have been going for high 20's to high 30's as well....

As far as the mustang rides go...I am cool with that, however I am sure my car will feel a lot slower than yours. Kind of like going from my truck to my mustang lol

Nickerz
09-27-2011, 01:14 PM
Fair enough. I dont know what you paid for your cobra (but I was guessing some place in the mid 20's).....and I know that some of those Ferarri's have been going for high 20's to high 30's as well....

As far as the mustang rides go...I am cool with that, however I am sure my car will feel a lot slower than yours. Kind of like going from my truck to my mustang lol

You think that's bad. My civic has 105hp. Its 7 times slower. Sometimes I forget how slow it is until I put my foot down expecting to be thrown back into the seat and then I just hear a bunch of noise and watch the needle crawl 25,26,27,28.... :rolf Got in a fender bender with it the other day and now its a full on hoopty!