PDA

View Full Version : Semi-trucks and buses driving in traffic with hazards on

BoosTT
08-30-2011, 05:27 PM
I've seen trucks and buses moving along with traffic with their hazard lights flashing a few times. Does this mean anything? Such as they'll change either lane? I only see it in traffic...maybe 20mph or less.

-stew-
08-30-2011, 05:28 PM
It means things are moving slow, and you should be careful because a danger may arise. A hazard if you will.

The Shaolin
08-31-2011, 08:44 AM
I really, really, can't stand when cars drive with their hazards on during snowstorms.

I GET IT. IT'S FUCKING SNOWING. Imagine if everyone did that!

All it does is confuse the shit out of me when I see one corner of the car and expect them to merge on top of me.

BadAzzGTA89
08-31-2011, 03:09 PM
I put them on to warn other trucks of a brake check i also drive heavy haul.

WickedSix
08-31-2011, 03:13 PM
common curtesy when traffic slows down quick ...put flashers on til traffic behind you catches up.... keeps from getn asspacked while ur moving slow without the brakelights on

noeggs4u
08-31-2011, 04:14 PM
I do it if I'm climbing a hill and can not keep up my speed. Just a common practice.

FoxStang
08-31-2011, 07:27 PM
I really, really, can't stand when cars drive with their hazards on during snowstorms.

I GET IT. IT'S FUCKING SNOWING. Imagine if everyone did that!

All it does is confuse the shit out of me when I see one corner of the car and expect them to merge on top of me.

I imagine they do it for visibility purposes when there's blizzard like conditions, that way when you come barreling through there (because your vehicle/driving ability is obviously impervious to any limitations a snowy surface has on other vehicles, much less in a blizzard), you don't slam into them.

jamestown478
08-31-2011, 08:06 PM
I imagine they do it for visibility purposes when there's blizzard like conditions, that way when you come barreling through there (because your vehicle/driving ability is obviously impervious to any limitations a snowy surface has on other vehicles, much less in a blizzard), you don't slam into them.

exactly. LIke all the idiots that think there 4wd trucks are invincible in the snow yet they are the ones that always end up in the ditches

noeggs4u
08-31-2011, 08:51 PM
Love all the 4wd that think that they can fly through the snow and see them on there can. Lol

BadAzzGTA89
09-01-2011, 09:21 AM
Well snow is a good time for flashers and i also run my beacon lights if conditions are really bad.It is hard for us to slow down in a hurry and try to keep the trailer in back not next to me while empty but being grossed out at 80,000 or better is a diffrent story i get mega traction and pass those 4wd turds lol.

BR3W CITY
09-01-2011, 12:16 PM
i've seen them do it when engine braking on a hill or similar, I figured it was just because the vehicle would be slowing (or slowER) and not actually have the brake lights coming on.
Doesn't bother me, its a safety practice. Usually big rigs aren't my biggest concern on the roads in winter, its asian women.