PDA

View Full Version : tire mounting recommendation

88Nightmare
08-28-2011, 11:06 PM
Got a new set of wheels... looking to get the tires currently onto my car swapped onto the new wheels, then have the new wheels balanced and mounted on the car. Anyone have any recommendations for anyone somewhat close to oak creek?

Rifleman WI
08-29-2011, 10:52 AM
that tire place on 27th next to menards did mine on the mustang WAAAYYY back when, they did it quick and cheap. my dad lately has had nothing but BAD luck with farm and fleet... had to take my moms rims back 3 times to get re-seated.

Ricky Bobby
08-29-2011, 11:48 AM
maybe DR. Ford in cudahy???????????????

Irish
08-29-2011, 04:30 PM
Sam's club? Walmart?

davidrab
08-29-2011, 04:47 PM
that tire place on 27th next to menards did mine on the mustang WAAAYYY back when, they did it quick and cheap. my dad lately has had nothing but BAD luck with farm and fleet... had to take my moms rims back 3 times to get re-seated.

I've gotten them done at Tire Plus there because it's convenient and they are OK but they aren't really cheap.

Sam's club? Walmart?

I asked once at Sam's because they are cheap but they'll only do ones that they sell.

I went to F&F Tire World on Rawson just west of 27th and I think they were about the same as Tires Plus.

The Shaolin
08-30-2011, 08:52 AM
What are you guys calling cheap? $15 a wheel? I just got my truck tires mounted and that was the best price I could find. One place I called wanted $150 for the four wheels! I told her I could get it less than half of that at a shop across town and she said she would have to convince her techs to work for free before she could drop her price.

I used to have Walmart do all that shit for $10 a wheel, but after leaving once with 4 tires that were ridiculously out of balance and scratches on one of my rims, I'll spend the extra $20 to have a shop do it. (The moron was all set to hammer weights on the outside of the wheels! I ran onto the shop floor and told him to use the stick on ones)

BR3W CITY
08-30-2011, 11:23 AM
I feel like this is a good time for some Ron White

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itoEIFm4y5A