PDA

View Full Version : power commander and a harley

Silver86
08-28-2011, 05:16 AM
a friend of my recently stuck a PC on his harley, along with new pipes and intake setup. when he starts it up... it runs, but at an incredibly low idle and he doesnt know how to set it up. (and neither do i).

anyone got any experience in this or tips that i can shout his way?

juicedimpss
08-28-2011, 09:03 AM
sell the PC before it is junk and have it tuned with a racetuner.

Josepy
08-28-2011, 09:54 AM
sell the PC before it is junk and have it tuned with a racetuner.

X2 power commanders blow have one on mine and im not a fan

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Silver86
08-28-2011, 03:35 PM
so much for convincing him to sell it... he says that theres no way. oh well.

pOrk
08-28-2011, 04:46 PM
Well your friend is dumb dumb. Get it dyno-tuned

SSScottSS
08-29-2011, 10:58 AM
Wow, I've never seen negative comments about Power Commanders before. Why don't you guys like them? I very recently put one on my bike and I am more than pleased with the improvements it made. I don't have, nor do I plan to get, a custom tune, but the map from my exhaust manufacturer "seems" to work very well.

Josepy
08-29-2011, 11:03 AM
Wow, I've never seen negative comments about Power Commanders before. Why don't you guys like them? I very recently put one on my bike and I am more than pleased with the improvements it made. I don't have, nor do I plan to get, a custom tune, but the map from my exhaust manufacturer "seems" to work very well.

They seem to work better on the rockets than they do the harley crap.

juicedimpss
08-29-2011, 03:21 PM
they do SEEM to work ok for a while,till the death shake has its way with it.
when i was at house,we had a string of them (about 10 feet worth)plugged into each other that came from bikes that wouldnt run for shit. PC doesnt seem to think potting material is necessary on the circuit boards

outlawgibbs
08-29-2011, 03:34 PM

Get it dyno tuned. It was the best thing i did to my bike, made a huge difference with performance and throttle responce.

kevcuda
12-18-2012, 08:03 PM
Interesting seeing so many Harley's up here. Other places I lived it was an "old man bike". My Father had one and always seemed it spent more time in the shop than on the road

WI_Dave
12-19-2012, 07:40 AM
Interesting seeing so many Harley's up here. Other places I lived it was an "old man bike". My Father had one and always seemed it spent more time in the shop than on the road

Its the birth place of Harley so you gotta like them here lol

I had a pc on my vtx1800 with no trouble. Bike was pretty quick for a cruiser

The Shaolin
12-19-2012, 07:59 AM
Hey, over a year old thread! Maybe he still hasn't gotten it running!

PureSound15
12-19-2012, 08:26 AM
Holy Old thread, Batman.

WI_Dave
12-19-2012, 10:14 AM
HAHA I didnt dig it up but I didnt pay attn to the start date either lol

-stew-
12-19-2012, 12:15 PM
Its the birth place of Harley so you gotta like them here lol

No, no you don't.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

The Shaolin
12-19-2012, 12:51 PM
No, no you don't.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

I won a gas tank piggy bank at a christmas party held at the Harley Davidson museum a few weeks ago. I straight up told the dude I was going to sell it or paint it Suzuki colors. Some jaws dropped and I made my own day.

kevcuda
12-20-2012, 12:31 AM
[QUOTE=WI_Dave;746081]Its the birth place of Harley so you gotta like them here lol

UGGG yea I know this is where they started, I guess I like them as long as I am not paying for one. Especially this next year I bet they will be even more over priced with the 110th than usual. So many better options than a harley out there I don't see the appeal.