PDA

View Full Version : Anyone lived in/around Kentucky?

BR3W CITY
08-25-2011, 05:35 PM
Might be a long shot, but wondering if anyone here has had life experience in Kentucky. After I lost my job about a month back, I did some networking with old friends and (through SEMA) will be interviewing for a job while I am in KY for LS Fest next month. It would be a huge opportunity to work in product development for an aftermarket parts company. The other side, is that I would have to move to an area called Hopkinsville...About an hour west of Bowling Green. Ive been told cost of living is pretty darn low compared to here, and besides that the cost of land and housing is low as well. The caveat being that it would be a HUGE life change....

What does bcm think?

pOrk
08-25-2011, 07:54 PM
I have family in frankfort, they moved there for work years ago and never looked back. Manufacturing is big there like it is here and you don't have to have all your teeth to fit in. I say go for it, weather is better :)

GTSLOW
08-25-2011, 08:52 PM
There's a BCM military member on here that lives in KY.

BR3W CITY
08-25-2011, 11:55 PM
actually thats srt4eh isnt? i had just talked to him via pm, thought i saw his location say ky

FoxStang
08-26-2011, 07:36 AM
http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/269221/chickenface

TheRX7Project
08-26-2011, 08:03 AM
I lived in SE Kentucky for a year and a half. In the hills.

I don't know how that part of the state is, but where I lived, you were either on welfare, or worked at the gas station or for the county.

Troutman
08-26-2011, 09:03 AM
I went to college at Cincinnati..which is 2 minutes from KY, and i also had an internship in Loiusville back in 2000 for 7 months. Lousiille, IMO was awesome...great area, nightlife. Granted this was during college, so my judgement maybe clouded by alcohol and strip clubs...but from what i recall, definitely one of the best places ive ever lived out of 8 states.

fivonut
08-26-2011, 09:10 AM
I live in cincinnati from 97 to 2000 I really enjoyed it. Climate was really nice relatively mild winters and the people are very friendly.

Sent from my Atrix using Tapatalk

GRNDNL
08-26-2011, 09:58 AM
We've been going to a race in Bowling Green for almost 20 yrs, we joke about moving down there every year, as time goes on its less and less of a joke. There is a good chance we'll retire down there at some point.

Home prices are about 2/3rds and property tax about 1/2, not sure on the cost of living.............

Crawlin
08-26-2011, 11:25 AM
We've been going to a race in Bowling Green for almost 20 yrs, we joke about moving down there every year, as time goes on its less and less of a joke. There is a good chance we'll retire down there at some point.

Home prices are about 2/3rds and property tax about 1/2, not sure on the cost of living.............

We were there a couple time for things in B.G. and the people are awesome. My cousin actually moved from Detroit suburbs where his family was to Nashville and hasn't looked back. He loves it down there and says that the area is always expanding.

BR3W CITY
08-26-2011, 01:32 PM
this is an area called hopkinsville, its about an hour west of BG. I was talking to the company owner yesterday, and he said that his wife freaked out when gas went past $2.25 per gallon.... and that wasn't all that long ago he said? wtf. Im excited just to go down there for LS fest for the show and vacation, but I wouldn't complain if a good career came out of it. :)

Al
08-28-2011, 02:51 AM
Last spring, I went through that area while I was job hunting.

What struck me was how the farm fields were already showing green. I think the specific date was March 22. It is beautiful down there!

I often think that the farthest north I would like to live if I ever move south would be Kentucky. I like Louisville and Lexington. To me, an odd thing about that state is its low population density. I would expect Kentucky to be packed by now.