PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know of a local place to get car stereo install equipment? wiring, caps, etc

Yooformula
08-25-2011, 01:22 PM
I need to get dash plastic, wiring and specifically ground items. This truck has a bad alt sound coming from 1 speaker at certain times and it appears that the prev owner spliced almost every factory wire to be able to bypass and install a 2nd stereo in series with the GM factory Bose system. I have attempted to fix every cut wire but as a last effort I would like to find a ground loop isolator that I can install just in case I cant find the exact cause of the grounding issue.

-stew-
08-25-2011, 02:24 PM
Sounds like a power wire is near an RCA cable. Idk much about stereos, but I had that issue once and turned out it was because I ran the rca's and power wire on the same side.

Yooformula
08-25-2011, 02:49 PM
the stereo is all stock right now but the hacking that was done was enormous! They cut wires in the dash cluster, pcm interface harness, ecm, steering wheel controls, door locks, ignition switch and the factory stereo harness. I wish it were as easy as moving an rca cable! lol There are wires that were spliced into, then cut and left to hang with most of them some resting to ground out on metal.

-stew-
08-25-2011, 03:06 PM
Holy shit. Throw lit matches at it. That's an old Army trick for fixing electrical problems.

lit666
08-25-2011, 03:39 PM
There is that place in the Falls, by schlokski's (sp?) deli @ Pilgrim and Main St.

BR3W CITY
08-25-2011, 05:29 PM
there are the places in mke like Captain Install and the like, but I haven't head good things about most of them. A friends dad used to run Mr. Stereo, but they specialized into the um...."ghetto-fication" of vehicles. Good work, if your into that kinda stuff like popping trunks and HUGE arrays of 15's in an astro van.

Yooformula
08-25-2011, 08:15 PM
there are the places in mke like Captain Install and the like, but I haven't head good things about most of them. A friends dad used to run Mr. Stereo, but they specialized into the um...."ghetto-fication" of vehicles. Good work, if your into that kinda stuff like popping trunks and HUGE arrays of 15's in an astro van.

yeah I found places like those but I need a place that sells the parts for installers.

Chris, I think I know what place you are talking about. I was there once about 5 years ago but i cant remember exactly where it was. Gonna take a ride out there tomorrow.

lordairgtar
08-26-2011, 03:17 PM
Look into Crutchfield for parts, not necessarily for buying them, but maybe getting a clue as to who distributes to them. Some suppliers are Anixter, Heilind Electric, Mouser, Electronic Expiditors, ITT, Cooper/Killark, Hubbell, Packard, and Hirose. A search online with these names should net you something.

GTSLOW
08-26-2011, 08:32 PM
Beeyond Engineering.

http://www.beeyondeng.com/

:thumbsup

TransAm12sec
08-26-2011, 10:41 PM
http://www.carfeteria.com/

Car-Feteria has been in business for a few decades.