PDA

View Full Version : Need a plumber!

Silver86
08-24-2011, 06:36 PM
i am sick of this place. i cant wait to sell it cause im sick of finding all little work arounds these idiot home owners do.

we discovered a leak in our half bath toilet. thinking it was the wax ring, i picked a couple up thinking i would just replace both while i am at it.

WRONG!

i remove 1 nut of the toilet... no problem. i move to take the other nut only to discover a screw... wtf!? remove the screw to find a 3/8 socket under it... wtf?!

after removing the toilet and cleaning away what was left of the wax ring, i come to find that the flange is 1/4 missing. now i know why the fuckhead used a screw.

this is beyond my expertise. so... anyone recommend a plumber to do 2 toilets, as i think the flange is also broken on our master bath.

Holeshot
08-24-2011, 07:12 PM
Are the pipes PVC or cast ? You can pick up everything you need at the depot menards lowes ...... Is the toilet flange thats broke on the first floor?

-stew-
08-24-2011, 07:26 PM
Hi, you called about your plumbing ? Empty pipes ?

Silver86
08-24-2011, 08:00 PM
Are the pipes PVC or cast ? You can pick up everything you need at the depot menards lowes ...... Is the toilet flange thats broke on the first floor?

they are PVC. and yes, the flange that is broke is on the 1st floor. (i am unsure of the other flange as i wanted to get this one toilet fixed before i dove into the next.)