PDA

View Full Version : Walking Dead Season 2

spooln30
08-21-2011, 09:22 PM
Just seen the previews for the second season of Walking Dead which starts in Oct. I loved the first seadon and can't wait till the new season starts.

Silver350
08-21-2011, 09:33 PM
Me too. I also read majority of the comic books that my brother had. I just think there is one book right now that he doesn't have.

Exitspeed
08-23-2011, 01:01 PM
Really looking forward to the second season as well, despite the drama that has been going on behind the scenes with firing Darabont, etc etc. I don't think getting rid of him and lowering the budget is going to impact the show enough to effect the quality. As long as Kirkman is still exec-producing I have faith.

I have all of the hardcover books (1-6) and have been patiently waiting for book #7. It was just announced a week ago that it was finally coming out on Oct 25th. can't wait for that too. I'm on my 3 read-through of the series.

Reverend Cooper
08-23-2011, 06:53 PM
man i cant wait i am hook line and sinker on this show

GHOSST
08-28-2011, 06:54 PM
I love this show! Can't wait. If they use some of the stuff from the books, we should be in for a treat.

BR3W CITY
08-28-2011, 09:01 PM
truly a well done show. Im looking forward to this one. Now all we need is some real zombies.

GTSLOW
08-28-2011, 09:44 PM
Awesome show can't wait for season 2!

Exitspeed
08-29-2011, 12:17 PM
I love this show! Can't wait. If they use some of the stuff from the books, we should be in for a treat.

Spoiler Alert!!!!

Hearshel's farm plays a big part in season two. The way I see it going, season two should be them traveling and ending up at Hershel's farm, and then the last few episodes should be that all going to hell and taking leaving. With the season finale being a cliffhanger of them finding the prison. The whole 3rd season can be them at the prison then, the shit with the Governor, and then that season finale would be the shit that goes down at the end of that. If they play the season exactly how that story arch ends in the books, that will be one of the most dramatic tv episodes of all time. I mean seriosly, what show has had the main characters new born baby and wife DIE! Shit would be crazy.

IcePickFreak
09-13-2011, 01:01 PM
Directv added AMC-HD last week, can't wait for the new season!

CarrotTop
10-16-2011, 10:41 AM
Season 2 starts tonight!!

No point making new thread ill just bump this one.

Mudd Runner
10-16-2011, 12:41 PM
Watched season one yesterday on netflix to get ready for tonight.

BR3W CITY
10-16-2011, 12:57 PM
Excited! Just got a new scope on my AR, really want to distance kill some walkers lol.

Now I just hope that they don't ruin World War Z when the movie comes out.

Exitspeed
10-16-2011, 11:55 PM
Now I just hope that they don't ruin World War Z when the movie comes out.

Have you heard about what they are doing with it? Yes, basically ruining it. I mean it sounds like a solid, regular old zombie flick (which I will no doubt go see), but it definitely doesn't sound like WWZ.

First episode of Season 2 of TWD was pretty solid. I would have liked to have seen more happen, but I like that they went right into Carl getting shot.

Also, ordered TWD Hardcover Book 7 that comes out on Tue. Amazon has it in stock already. Hopefully I'll have it sometime this week.

GTSLOW
10-17-2011, 12:24 AM
Good episode no doubt. Always seemed like they gave you just enough to keep ya hooked. So what I gathered from the season teaser.

- They meet some new family where he takes his son.
- Something happens to the dude with the cross bow (forget his name atm).
- Looks like those two dont end up splitting off.
- A group of Apaches fly over head obviously leading to others being out there.

I'm guess though the person who shot the deer/son is obviously related to the family in the house thus leading them there for first aid???

spooln30
10-17-2011, 03:43 AM
Watched the first one and overall its good. Just like Exitspeed said, I feel like it could've used more.

BR3W CITY
10-17-2011, 11:27 AM
budget is lower this year, so certain things like hordes of walkers may be reduced a bit. I thought ep1 was good, and is it wrong I'm kinda glad they shot the kid? He is annoying as all hell.
How is his mom gonna seriously be pissed when the kid tries to talk to Shane, and he blows him off....while searching in the woods for a lost kid, full of zombies! Seriously? Your kids self esteem is about the least important thing happening. And WHY does she care so much how Shane treats the kid? His damn father is there, and the kid seems to have no interest in him.

xxtremeteam
10-17-2011, 11:34 AM
I will be watching this afternoon I dvr'd it last night

GHOSST
10-17-2011, 03:53 PM
I thought it was great! We still have 6 episodes left to explore -more-, I can't wait. Even though they spent almost 20 mins on the herd scene, that was frickin epic, talk about scary shiz, that would totally blow. But I like how we find out more and more about "walker" personality as we go on. Church anyone? Now that was creepy.

FoxStang
10-17-2011, 03:53 PM
I will be watching this afternoon I taped it last night
Whats that?

Watched the first season on Netflix two weeks ago, can't wait to check out the new season!

IcePickFreak
10-17-2011, 07:46 PM
Don't see why you wouldn't want your kid at your side. I mean where else was he going to go, back to the RV at the highway? Lol that was the least safe area to be in. 12 years old isn't THAT young, I mean you can legally hunt alone at that age. A zombie apocalypse seems like a good time to teach him how to hunt if you already haven't. :sniper

nismodave
10-17-2011, 07:49 PM
I had heard alot about this show.....And I watched it for the first time last night.

Hooked...

STANMAN
10-17-2011, 08:44 PM
I love how they gut the zombie to see what it ate, and the crossbow guy states he's an expert at it from all the animals he's gutted in the field. Having dressed/gutted literally hundreds of creatures in my life from squirrels to elk, I can honestly say I have NEVER gutted anything using that method, lol.

Silver350
10-17-2011, 08:56 PM
I just thought it was ok I dont think it was their best episode but still good. Best part came once they found the church. To me it was 45 minutes of them Hiding from the "Roamers" and then another 45 minutes of them looking for sophia. I dont remember the boy getting shot this early in the comic book. Was he shot this soon? Its been a long time since I read the comics and I borrowed them my brother so I cannot go back and look.

Rocket Power
10-18-2011, 12:02 AM
Just finished watching the last 5 episodes back to back of season one. Here come the zombie dreams.lol

Reverend Cooper
10-18-2011, 07:24 PM
god i love this show,we should have a walking dead marathon at my place everyone welcome

GTSLOW
10-18-2011, 09:26 PM
I had heard alot about this show.....And I watched it for the first time last night.

Hooked...

You gotta watch season one!!!!!

GTSLOW
10-18-2011, 09:27 PM
god i love this show,we should have a walking dead marathon at my place everyone welcome

I'm thinking I'm gonna buy Season on on Blue ray!!! Lets do it, just don't invite Ben.

Rocket Power
10-18-2011, 10:56 PM
Watched the new one today. I wish there were more episodes to watch. I love this show.

GTSLOW
10-19-2011, 10:20 AM
For anyone who wants to catch season one, they have it all on netflix!!

Exitspeed
10-22-2011, 09:19 AM
I just thought it was ok I dont think it was their best episode but still good. Best part came once they found the church. To me it was 45 minutes of them Hiding from the "Roamers" and then another 45 minutes of them looking for sophia. I dont remember the boy getting shot this early in the comic book. Was he shot this soon? Its been a long time since I read the comics and I borrowed them my brother so I cannot go back and look.

Well the order of events is all messed up. I watched an interview with Kirkman (who wrote this episode) and he said it's cool that he gets to go back and kind of change things with the story because he's had other ideas all along. As far as the timing...Shane should be dead, and they should have went to that subdivision already...then Carl shot and now onto Hearshal's farm, which they have said is next.

Silver350
10-22-2011, 12:08 PM
I'm thinking I'm gonna buy Season on on Blue ray!!! Lets do it, just don't invite Ben.

I picked up season 1 for 20 bucks at best buy a couple weeks ago not sure if it is the same price or not.

GHOSST
10-22-2011, 12:36 PM
I think what they attempted was to keep the episodes going like there was no break. Going from season 1 to 2 was just like taking over from the last episode, and think people were expecting this climatic season opener. Well I honestly like the way they did it, I think season openers are overrated. Just glad to see the show moving on..

nismodave
10-30-2011, 08:57 PM
Daaaaaaamn!!!!!

That was crazy!!

xxtremeteam
10-30-2011, 09:07 PM
good hour of tv tonight cant wait for next week but I will be deer hunting so I will have to watch it late

Reverend Cooper
10-30-2011, 10:04 PM
one dies or 3 die,he made the right choice

GHOSST
10-30-2011, 10:12 PM
Karma's a bitch! But I'll admit Shane is kinda losing it. I guess the whole apocalypse+ being indirectly dumped by your sex pal that you thought liked you more is taking its toll on him.. But I'm not surprised though, even in season 1 we seen Shane was incapable of handling emotion.

spooln30
10-30-2011, 10:17 PM
Oh boy he's gonna get his and BAD!

BR3W CITY
10-30-2011, 10:57 PM
I think that although Shane might be heading a more sinister direction, he might be the "right kind of crazy". One of the more interesting theories brought up across the zombie genre is the idea that "good" people aren't necessarily the people who can lead you to survival. Despite being somewhat taboo, the hard to make decisions are sometimes just easier for that type of person. The "lets save everyone" type of leader can sometimes cost the survival of the whole group.

spooln30
10-30-2011, 11:41 PM
I agree what he did saved more people, but the sleeping with his friends wife when they thought he was dead was just pain ruthless. I'm wondering when that can of beans will be split. That should be good.

GHOSST
10-31-2011, 12:16 AM
Well if anyone noticed when Shane fell out the window, and got back on track, when his back was against the fence, he had a moment! That part was important I think, because it almost looked as if he was just going to cash it in, but he went on...and Otis sorta saved him. But something was going on in that head of his, was that his breaking point?

spooln30
10-31-2011, 12:56 AM
Yeah that and the shaving his head.

GHOSST
10-31-2011, 01:02 AM
Yeah that and the shaving his head.

Well he shaved his head because he had nice chunk of hair missing were Otis pulled it out. I'm sure this isn't the biggest reason he shaved it, saying easily that a walker might have pulled it out, but if I remember even scratches can get you sick, but when they showed his patch, that's when the whole flash back started, and you see Otis had that death grip on his hair, but the bald head equals no questions about anything accept a new do. Overall I do believe it was his liberation to the "new" Shane, the final transformation.

Reverend Cooper
10-31-2011, 08:43 PM
In survival situations quick and decisive,whats good for the majority not the single person,if this was real life not a movie,it was the right choice

GHOSST
11-01-2011, 12:46 AM
Well John Jeder had the perfect point, Otis was fat. Now if Otis was in shape or even half his size, he would have had a 50% chance! Zombieland rule #1, cardio!

But I do think Shane would have shot him anyway... possibly.

STANMAN
11-01-2011, 05:51 AM
In a "survival situation" the decision to go through hell for a respirator to save a child who added no value to the group (he can't even shoot a gun) would not have been made, they would have let the child die. Just saying.

GTSLOW
11-01-2011, 10:28 AM
Crazy indeed. Looking forward to seeing what he finds in the old abandoned house. Also who think's the kid is going to make it?

As for Shane. That fucker was going nuts to begin with, now he has a dead guy on his conscious.

Weird how you can find episode 5 details already?

While searching the woods for clues, Daryl is seriously injured and set upon by walkers. Meanwhile, Rick second guesses himself; and Glenn believes he's getting positive signals from Maggie, but then isn't so sure.

Reverend Cooper
11-01-2011, 07:53 PM
the children are your future and your back bone later they are the future,hard time would mean tough luck having anymore kids. just sayin

Exitspeed
11-02-2011, 12:18 PM
Crazy indeed. Looking forward to seeing what he finds in the old abandoned house. Also who think's the kid is going to make it?

As for Shane. That fucker was going nuts to begin with, now he has a dead guy on his conscious.

Weird how you can find episode 5 details already?

I guess they have to go that route with Maggie, as "I'll fuck you" probably wouldn't fly on AMC. lol.

nismodave
11-13-2011, 09:11 PM
Great Ending tonight

Reverend Cooper
11-13-2011, 09:20 PM
I called it told vicki that,bet you its mostly their relatives too,as the old man is hopefull for a cure.

GHOSST
11-13-2011, 09:40 PM
Good episode.

Meryl! I wonder if they'll bring his actual character back. So... I know the old man believes in a cure, but damn man you got to be realistic, those peoples bodies are decomposing and rotting off the bone, give it up!

Great show.

Exitspeed
11-13-2011, 10:55 PM
I called it told vicki that,bet you its mostly their relatives too,as the old man is hopefull for a cure.

And neighbors. Remember when he said that 17 year old boy was his responsibility now?

spooln30
11-13-2011, 11:03 PM
Just saw it. FN awesome! Each one gets better then the last one. It's no wonder why the farm owner wants them off his property so fast. Maybe he cant finish them off? Can't wait till next week.

spooln30
11-21-2011, 12:36 AM
Another good sode. I can't believe that Rick knew that his wife slept with crazy man. I am so pissed of that next weeks sode is the "mid season finally" I don't want to wait 2-3 months for the rest of the season. This is hurtfull.

GHOSST
11-21-2011, 10:44 AM
Well, like I told my wife, Shane is indeed Ricks best friend like a brother, and if you truly know your friends, then you know how they act, or would act. Obviously Shane is known to have been a player in H.S., and Rick is realist, so he probably wasn't affected much by the fact that they did think he was dead, and Shane being Shane, the obvious was expected. But that makes me think, what else does Rick suspect about Shane, if Dale is all in Shane's business (like he's in everyone's, I'm really starting to dislike his character and Herschel as well), then maybe Rick suspects Shane isn't telling the whole truth about Otis, and since it seems truths are coming out I wonder if Shane will fess up about Otis, and it did save Ricks son. And I wonder if he'll eventually tell Rick that he did panic and leave him at the hospital, but put the bed in front of the door...

I do hope the next episode is filled with enough goodness to leave us somewhat satisfied until Feb.... but probably not. Can't wait!

nismodave
11-21-2011, 06:15 PM
Shane is a Dbag....But a Playa.

GHOSST
11-27-2011, 11:51 PM
Any thought's on tonight's mid season closer? It was ok.

For some reason my buddy called the whole Sophia in the barn thing. I never seen it but he told me this weeks ago about Herschel giving his daughter a weird look during one of the first times it was known they were looking for Sophia. Glad I didn't bet him.

Overall I think they could have gone one more episode to kind of clear things up a bit, but things are getting pretty interesting. Looking forward to Feb.

nismodave
11-28-2011, 01:01 AM
Just watched the late night replay......Very good episode!!

Looking forward to second half of season.

GTSLOW
11-28-2011, 10:36 AM
Holy shit what an end to the season!!!

Exitspeed
11-28-2011, 10:37 AM
I think it was an interesting take on those events unfolding. Having Shane still around in the series has really changed the dynamic of the story. I liked what happened with the barn *Spoiler warning* but I think the comic did it slightly better. The way it happened on the show, Hearshel will basically now just be pissed or sad or whatever and still feel the same way more then likely. In the comic, he goes to put a walker in the barn (like they were doing) and the walkers over-run them and one of his sons ends up getting bit and he almost gets bit. Well then Rick and gang end up killing all of the walkers in the barn. I prefer the comic version because then Hearshel comes to realize that they are really dangerous and it was justified. Not just Shane going nuts and being an asshole. I was actually expecting him to get shot and killed this episode, but it seems like he's going to be around for the long haul

All-in-all I liked the episode and the direction the show is going. It's interesting thought that the story is deviating so far from the events in the books. I mean other then most of the characters being from the book, the settings, and some of the main plot points, the rest is entirely different.

Has anyone else here read the comics?

GHOSST
11-28-2011, 09:51 PM
I told my wife to pick them up, because she frequents book stores like mad, but she says their too expensive right now. But I'd guess the writers are going off the fan base, which is large and very influential. I'd bet tons of lonely housewives and middle aged women would be upset if Shane gets killed off... lol

Exitspeed
11-29-2011, 08:51 AM
I told my wife to pick them up, because she frequents book stores like mad, but she says their too expensive right now. But I'd guess the writers are going off the fan base, which is large and very influential. I'd bet tons of lonely housewives and middle aged women would be upset if Shane gets killed off... lol

Sorry dude, your wife is lying to you. The price is not more expensive right now except for the actual early comics. There's multiple ways you can buy TWD books. There's the comic (which would be the most expensive because the early issues are pretty valuable), the trade paper backs which are $9.99 for 6 issues. They are up to issue 15 right now (so yeah that's a lot of money at one time, but just buy one a month or something). The there's the Compendium which is comics 1-48 in one thick paperback. I wouldn't recommend this version because you have to wait the longest before the next one comes out and you can continue to read. Then there's the Hardcovers. This is what I collect. They are supposed to be $34.99 ( and if you buy them AT Barnes & Noble store that's how much they cost), but if you buy them on Amazon they range from $17-$25 so you get quit a savings. Each hardcover is 12 issues of the comic. Last there's the Walking Dead Volume Deluxe HC Omnibus. You'll want to stay away from those. They are $100 a pop and there's only 3. I've seen first runs of the Omnibus going for over $500.

So yeah, they aren't really that expensive. Pick a poison and start reading. I like the show, but the comic is WAY better. It moves faster (in a good way), it's more adult, and more shocking.

GHOSST
11-29-2011, 02:04 PM
Thanks, sounds good to me.

Exitspeed
11-29-2011, 03:04 PM
Hardcover Book 7 just came out the week the series started and I ordered it and read through it already. I think I'm going to re-read them all again for the 4th time. Shitty thing is now I have to wait for another 14-6 months or so for the next hardcover to come out. I've been thinking I might start collecting the trade paperbacks too. That way I'm only 4 months behind the comics.

GTSLOW
11-29-2011, 07:50 PM
May be a good reason to buy a kindle :punch:

GHOSST
11-29-2011, 08:13 PM
Oh whatever, I'm so sick of people and their E-readers. E-readers are just something dumb people get to make them think their smart by going through 8 books in one day, hey, I can swipe my finger right to left too. My wife is an avid reader, and doesn't own an E-reader, and won't ever let me buy her one. This makes me realize people who actually read, prefer paperback and hardcover.

Ok, granted I'm glad people are reading (so they say) more, but its asinine that it takes something that has (e-) in front of it to give people the urge to read. But wait, now the e-readers have games and wifi, and whatever tech is hot at the moment. You think your cool but your slowly gravitating right back into the social death beam...

Exitspeed
11-29-2011, 09:19 PM
May be a good reason to buy a kindle :punch:

Probably not since it's not available electronically as far as I know. :durr

PB86MCSS
11-29-2011, 10:16 PM
I remember reading when the show was earlier on, back in season 1, that they wouldn't follow the comic exactly but use many of it's ideas and go in a different direction. Only makes sense, otherwise people can all find out (or already know, if they read them) what will happen next.

Just saw the "1st-half-season-finale" tonight, great episode. Tension so high, obviously something(s) will happen in February pretty significant. I was just thinking how this season has been really good but a bit slower, just picking up in time for the time off ;) . Didn't think Sophia would be in the barn but figured they would find her one way or another before this episode was over.

Rocket Power
11-29-2011, 11:37 PM
Oh whatever, I'm so sick of people and their E-readers. E-readers are just something dumb people get to make them think their smart by going through 8 books in one day, hey, I can swipe my finger right to left too. My wife is an avid reader, and doesn't own an E-reader, and won't ever let me buy her one. This makes me realize people who actually read, prefer paperback and hardcover.

Ok, granted I'm glad people are reading (so they say) more, but its asinine that it takes something that has (e-) in front of it to give people the urge to read. But wait, now the e-readers have games and wifi, and whatever tech is hot at the moment. You think your cool but your slowly gravitating right back into the social death beam...
Is that like REAL music fans only listen to records?
No CD's, iPods, etc?

I don't get how reading an e-book is somehow below reading a paperback.

Rocket Power
11-29-2011, 11:40 PM
These short seasons on the cable networks are killing me.

Between this show and Southland, "here's a few shows now wait for months". The only two shows I make sure I watch every week and I can only get them in small batches.

GTSLOW
11-29-2011, 11:44 PM
Probably not since it's not available electronically as far as I know. :durr

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&keywords=the%20walking%20dead&rh=n%3A283155%2Ck%3Athe%20walking%20dead%2Cp_n_fea ture_browse-bin%3A618073011&page=1

:goof there's lotsa fakes

Exitspeed
02-13-2012, 07:22 AM
Nice end to the episode. Now THAT is some shit like the comic. I like where they are going with Rick's character and already running into shady characters. This kinda this doesn't really come up until way later in the series, but that whole bar scene was just cool shit.

spooln30
02-13-2012, 10:57 PM
Yeah def a good start to the rest of this season. I also seen that there's a season 3. From what the director said its going to be tons of zombie killing from now on. NICE.

wikked
02-14-2012, 01:50 AM
I know they have a story to develop and all that...but goddamn they need to step it up. All the religious drama and soap opera b.s. that takes up 75% of the episodes is just boring.

Exitspeed
02-16-2012, 08:17 PM
I know they have a story to develop and all that...but goddamn they need to step it up. All the religious drama and soap opera b.s. that takes up 75% of the episodes is just boring.

Read the comic. That's how it is. This isn't Resident Evil. But I do agree it could be a little more fast paced. Compared to the comic they are dwelling on Hershel's Farm too long. They need to move on.

GTSLOW
02-16-2012, 10:15 PM
^ Quit spillin the beans!!

Exitspeed
02-17-2012, 06:22 AM
^ Quit spillin the beans!!

Well you had to know they were leaving the farm at some point.

nismodave
03-11-2012, 09:01 PM
Fantastic!!!

Firefighter Z
03-11-2012, 09:03 PM
That was awesome!

xxtremeteam
03-11-2012, 09:04 PM
amazing Didnt see that happening well at least this season

nismodave
03-11-2012, 09:13 PM
Saw this on WD FB.....

The virus itself is airborne, so EVERYONE is infected and come back once they die. The reason people die when bitten is because they get a large blast of the virus, which kills them.

Reverend Cooper
03-11-2012, 09:22 PM
awesome show tonite

Gregor
03-11-2012, 09:24 PM
And then all shit hits the fan...........

So in a matter of half a season Sonya, Dale, Shane and Randal. Well Randal really was a main charcter but could have been with a twist of a plot line.

I am thinkng they over run the farm.

Moparjim
03-11-2012, 10:14 PM
Torrent sites have the entire series in electronic format

Gregor
03-11-2012, 10:25 PM
Saw this on WD FB.....

The virus itself is airborne, so EVERYONE is infected and come back once they die. The reason people die when bitten is because they get a large blast of the virus, which kills them.

That really doesnt change things but would really add into the darkness of the series.

spooln30
03-11-2012, 10:35 PM
About time Shane got his!. Crazy looking show next week and should be a great season finale. Fucking turning into zombies quick now. LOL.

GTSLOW
03-12-2012, 10:03 AM
Shanked in the fucking heart. Where can I download the last episode????

Yooformula
03-12-2012, 11:45 AM
Saw this on WD FB.....

I had heard that the unborn baby wont be infected and could be a cure for the virus...anyone else know anything about the baby and its role coming up?

Silver350
03-12-2012, 12:34 PM
I had heard that the unborn baby wont be infected and could be a cure for the virus...anyone else know anything about the baby and its role coming up?

That will be hard to say. The writers of the TV show are trying to mix things up so that way the people that read the comic books do not know what to expect. Things that happened in the comic book that was different in the TV show is as followed.

1. Dale Dies but Dale Died later in the comic book to something else (not going to say what or how because they might still do something with it maybe with a different character)
2. Shane Died in the comic at in like the 2 or third issue. Remember when Dale saw shane point the shotgun at Rick? Well in the comic it was Carl that saw Shane point the gun and then Carl Shot and Killed Shane.
3. There was nothing that I saw in the comic that once a human Dies with out being biten or scratched that they come back as a Zombie like what happen to Randell and Shane
4. Sophia Died in the TV show but is currently is still alive in the comic book.

So the whole baby thing can go a different route then what happens in the comic book. All I can say the second half of the season has been awesome. Kind of sad that there is only one episode left for this season..

PS. Bring on Michonne!!!!

xxtremeteam
03-12-2012, 12:41 PM
this second half has really been great cant wait to see where they take it I dont read often but this series has me wanting to pick the comics up and read them

Michonne sounds like quite the character...
Michonne has been confirmed to appear in The Walking Dead (TV Series). The actress who will ultimately play her role is currently unknown.

There has been a rumor circulating that she will appear in the second season finale "Beside the Dying Fire," along with her pet walkers. Supposedly, one of the pet zombie stuntsmen ('Dupree Stansell') revealed this via Tumblr. It is currently unknown if the source is reliable.

Silver350
03-12-2012, 03:16 PM
There has been a rumor circulating that she will appear in the second season finale "Beside the Dying Fire," along with her pet walkers. Supposedly, one of the pet zombie stuntsmen ('Dupree Stansell') revealed this via Tumblr. It is currently unknown if the source is reliable.

Michonne appeared in the comic book about this time and looking at the tv preview for next week I will say that we should get a glimps of her in the season finale or the first episode of next season.

xxtremeteam
03-12-2012, 04:49 PM
Now another question??

could Merle be the Governor?

fivonut
03-12-2012, 06:01 PM
Now another question??

could Merle be the Governor?

I've been wondering this myself. In the comic The Governor is a vicious character and at one point cuts off Rick's hand. I could see them twisting it to where Merle is the Governor and cuts off Rick's hand as retribution for handcuffing him to the roof top. But, if they are even remotely close to following the timeline, I don't think we'll see this play out til season 4 or 5.

I read that 16 episodes have been ordered for season 3!!

xxtremeteam
03-12-2012, 06:08 PM
I have read that more than likely Merle will not be the governor but will come back and that when we do meet the governor most likely in season 3 rick will not lose his hand do to the make up and needs to hide that hand I also read the author has regreted cutting ricks hand off in the comic.

are the comics long to read I kinda would like to pick them up or can you get them on a ereader?

Silver350
03-12-2012, 07:53 PM
I would have to say we should probably stick to talking about current episodes so we do not spoil the TV show for people who didn't read the comic book.

fivonut
03-12-2012, 07:55 PM
I have read that more than likely Merle will not be the governor but will come back and that when we do meet the governor most likely in season 3 rick will not lose his hand do to the make up and needs to hide that hand I also read the author has regreted cutting ricks hand off in the comic.

are the comics long to read I kinda would like to pick them up or can you get them on a ereader?

This is the closest thing I have found:

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/The_Walking_Dead_Wiki

Kirkman (comic writer) also writes for the show. It would make sense that he is rewriting stories that he was never 100% satisfied with (I thought I heard him say he was going to do that in an interview somewhere). I can't wait for the finale and season three!!

fivonut
03-12-2012, 07:56 PM
I would have to say we should probably stick to talking about current episodes so we do not spoil the TV show for people who didn't read the comic book.

The show has gone a different enough route, that I don't think talking about the comic spoils much, if anything.

GHOSST
03-15-2012, 10:30 PM
Kinda lost my interest during the 2nd season, stint at the farm. Spent way to much time at the farm. Almost wish they would have just wrapped up the Sophia thing, and moved the story along, like the 1st season, you couldn't wait for the next episode. This season, you look forward to watching the next episode, but about 10 minutes into it you almost know where the entire episode it headed, and your kinda like, oh, this episode is about "this person", at the farm... lol. Finally we get some serious action (hopefully) during the season finale.

Silver350
03-15-2012, 10:33 PM
I couldn't agree with you more. I thought the Sophia search was too drawn out and that it really didn't establish any thing with the story. But the second half of the season was awesome and can't wait for Michonne and the prison.

GHOSST
03-18-2012, 09:09 PM
Finally the prison! The badass chick with the sword, Michonne. Awesome, look forward to season 3.

Good finale, I actually thought it was about time the farm was overrun.

spooln30
03-18-2012, 09:11 PM
What a show! What's up with the person with the two walkers on chains? Some crazy shits gonna happen next season. Can't wait. They should've just made this a movie.

spooln30
03-18-2012, 09:12 PM
Whats the deal with the prison?

Reverend Cooper
03-18-2012, 09:12 PM
I just like the show more and more

Gregor
03-18-2012, 09:14 PM
the prison is a major story line event.

Well it at least answered what Jenner told Rick at the CDC.

WTF did season 2 seem a little short?

Reverend Cooper
03-18-2012, 09:24 PM
my wife just said that too,not enough shows.

xxtremeteam
03-18-2012, 09:32 PM
16 for season 3 is it October yet?

OxmanWI
03-18-2012, 09:45 PM
Did anyone notice that horrible U-turn that T-bone made? Mother Fucker it's called a 3 point turn!

spooln30
03-18-2012, 09:45 PM
Never mind I just read about the entire walking dead comics. Looks like its gonna get real.

OxmanWI
03-18-2012, 09:51 PM
the prison is a major story line event.

Well it at least answered what Jenner told Rick at the CDC.

WTF did season 2 seem a little short?

I just hope they don't drag it out in the prison like they did with the farm.

I'm excited to see what kind of character the hooded chick is going to be. The two walkers on chains? Why were they not attacking? What’s up with that?

Gregor
03-18-2012, 10:49 PM
he hooded chic is one on the best charcters in the Walking Dead. Which is Michonne. After season 1, I went out and started to read the comics, but I am trying not to read to far ahead.

Well this is if they stay with the story line.

Silver350
03-19-2012, 11:45 AM
IMO So much stuff happens at the prison in the comic that they could probably stretch out the prison to two seasons.

Gregor
03-21-2012, 10:21 PM
The writing has gotten sloppy in the 2nd season, after watching the 1 first season on blu ray. I hope season 3 is better. This is my reasoning for this statement.

One, how can a zombie move after you break its neck before it turns? I shouldnt have any control of its limps since the the spinal cord is snapped. I understand they need more out of Randal but damn.

Two, with limited firearm training you have people hitting perfect head shots out of a moving car or truck, maybe Daryl or Rick but everyone?

Three, Why in hell would you not go into town and salvage and gather equipment like 2 way radios and ammo? These are your life blood unless everyone is god like and can shoot from a moving car while being bounced around and never miss.

Four, Gee were out by the farm, guess we dont need to practice noise control by having everyone and their mother shooting off their guns like a old western.

fivonut
03-21-2012, 10:28 PM
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/walking-dead-meme-ricktatorship.jpg

GHOSST
03-23-2012, 07:52 PM
Hmm good logic.

Well, Glen was missing shots big time in the moving car, with a shotgun, lol. And Andrea got her confidence in shooting a few episodes back, when her and Shane went to that neighborhood. As far as missing, that's usually fear and adrenaline based, so I think by now they are all pretty much use to the "fear". They all have been through some stuff, so I imagine their nerves to shoot at zombie heads is pretty dead on. But I understand where your coming from, they sure were making those shots count! lol.

+1 for season 2 dragging on. 13 episodes is pretty good to me, its just the break inbetween that made it so-so, but to spend the whole 13 episodes on the same few topics (Sophia) and the farm? They could have been well off into the bad assery of the prison situation. I think the $$$ took over, so the writing got lazy, and I bet the 3rd season will be full of win, to reel people back in.

I look forward to it though.

Reverend Cooper
03-23-2012, 07:55 PM
Ha Ha Josepy is hooked

Josepy
03-23-2012, 07:57 PM
Ha Ha Josepy is hooked

SO a person who gets netflix last night and stays up until 3am to watch the first season is considered hooked. Paaahhhlease LOL

nismodave
03-24-2012, 02:22 PM
Welcome Josepy.

Gregor
03-24-2012, 08:53 PM
SO a person who gets netflix last night and stays up until 3am to watch the first season is considered hooked. Paaahhhlease LOL

LOL I bought Season 1 on Bluray, noticed I didnt have a player and went out the next day and bought one. So your not too bad off.

GTSLOW
03-24-2012, 09:23 PM
Need illegal early release copy of season 3!

xxtremeteam
07-15-2012, 08:02 PM
wow this should maybe have its own thread cant believe no one posted the offical season 3 trailer ,well here it is enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz4tNoMq3Hg

Welcome to Wood Bury

Nix
10-13-2012, 01:52 PM
A friendly reminder;

For those interested the new season starts Tomorrow October 14th @ 8pm on AMC. I can't wait! It looks awesome!!

For the record it kinda sucks seeing as the fudge Packer game is the Sunday night game.

GTSLOW
10-13-2012, 07:14 PM
Already have it DVR'd!

brotherbenn83
10-14-2012, 10:09 AM
If you ask me, between The Killing, Breaking Bad, and Walking Dead... AMC has some of the best TV shows out there. Who would have thought?

xxtremeteam
10-14-2012, 11:06 AM
damn dish network I have no amc channel at home but i have a back up plan and will not miss this

Moparjim
10-14-2012, 02:54 PM
If you havent read the comic, I have them all on ebook/pdf/whatever format and its pretty insane. If the show follows the comic at all, shit starts to get real interesting real soon.... If anyones interested I would be happy to shoot the comics onto your flash drive or portable hard drive if you wanted em.

GTSLOW
10-15-2012, 07:41 PM
And I some how recorded the 5min pre episode. ^$#^@$^@&@#&$

spooln30
10-15-2012, 09:46 PM
I loved the new seasons first episod. I wonder why they didn't leave off where season 2 ended. Its like they skipped through months of the story. Rick chopped the heck out of Hershel's leg. LOL. I did read some of the comics pertaining to when they got to the prison and yeah Shits gonna get deep real soon. I don't want to ruin it for anybody but she does lose Yeh baby or its a zombie right? I can't remember that part in the comics. I hop this season has more action than the 2nd season. So far SO BAD ASS!

nismodave
10-16-2012, 06:23 PM
I loved the new seasons first episod. I wonder why they didn't leave off where season 2 ended. Its like they skipped through months of the story. Rick chopped the heck out of Hershel's leg. LOL. I did read some of the comics pertaining to when they got to the prison and yeah Shits gonna get deep real soon. I don't want to ruin it for anybody but she does lose Yeh baby or its a zombie right? I can't remember that part in the comics. I hop this season has more action than the 2nd season. So far SO BAD ASS!

You dont want to ruin it but yet you mention it.:flipoff2:

spooln30
10-16-2012, 09:32 PM
If anyone has seen any zombie movie the pregent woman loses the baby and it comes out one. So I doubt it ruined it for anyone but you. :)

Yooformula
10-16-2012, 09:34 PM
The writers did say they changed some items from the comics to keep the fans guessing. Its possible she may actually have a normal child.