PDA

View Full Version : Gus's Mexican Cantina

pOrk
08-18-2011, 08:27 AM
Is the food there really bad or is it just me? I've never been served greasy enchiladas before yesterday I about puked half way through and gave up. Literally every place on my plate that didn't have red sauce was a grease vat. The first time I ate there was a few weeks ago and ordered burritos. Those tasted less then decent as well. I like the cruise night but don't think I can stomach eating there any more.

Ricky Bobby
08-18-2011, 11:19 AM
yea me and the wife ate there once was not impressed at all havent been back for the food since

Car Guy
08-18-2011, 11:22 AM
Thanks for the warning.....

BR3W CITY
08-18-2011, 12:16 PM
Ya man, thanks. I heard the place mentioned a bunch but never tried it yet, guess I'll skip that one.

Flicktitty
08-18-2011, 12:18 PM
I Had the taco's they seemed fine to me (takes skill to fuck up a taco) And their mozzarella sticks are pretty damn good.

Irish
08-18-2011, 12:56 PM
The car show is good. The food sucks. Taco Johns in Waukesha has better food then Gus's.

pOrk
08-18-2011, 12:59 PM
The cruise night is always packed, lots of cars and I'll still go but I'll eat before I leave the house from now on.

Rocket Power
08-18-2011, 02:53 PM
yea me and the wife ate there once was not impressed at all havent been back for the food since

Same here, we went with another couple and the food wasn't that great. Felt bad for suggesting it afterwards. Haven't been back.

jimez1
08-18-2011, 07:26 PM
Been there for the cruise nights and loved the show. Never eaten there though. But a Mexican place that has Mozz sticks on the menu? I would not expect too much from them then. I will def skip knowing this.

Rocket Power
08-19-2011, 12:54 AM
We've been going to Habanero's in Tosa lately where we feel like having mexican close to home. Usually pretty decent.

Rocket Power
08-19-2011, 01:24 AM
http://www.hulu.com/watch/1447/saturday-night-live-taco-town

Larrygto
08-19-2011, 08:30 AM
+1 for Habanero's their hot sauces are kick ass especially the house sauce!

BlackLightning
08-19-2011, 01:54 PM
I've only had a take out burrito from Gus's and thought it was pretty good. I only got steak, rice, cheese and sour cream on it though.

lordairgtar
08-19-2011, 11:56 PM
Awfully strange that the dogs and burgers they serve at the show is better than their Mexican fare.

Exitspeed
08-20-2011, 10:40 AM
Wife I went there the year they opened on Cinco De Mayo and we had one of the worst food experiences we ever had. To start their "special" on drinks was that the beers were MORE expensive on that day then they normally were on that day of the week. Yes, their normal specials showed one price for their beers that day, but the waitress actually told us the special that day was more expensive. Then there was some weird shit with what I ordered (don't remember exactly anymore) where I couldn't substitute something (which sometimes that's how it is at Mexican restaurants but i remember this was just something normal like I wanted all rice and o beans on the side). We had some margaritas and were waiting for our food and our waitress never came back and we sat there for like 25 minutes (Mexican food doesn't take that long for 2 people, and the place was NOT busy) with empty drinks. When she finally came back she said she was sorry but for some reason our ordered JUST got put in so it'll be a little bit. She at least gave us a couple free margaritas. And then the lousy food came, which looked nice, but sucked. The chicken inside my enchilada was just whole chicken breast that was seasoned on the outside and cooked and then chopped up, instead of the how Mexican chicken is traditionally stewed for a while in spices and shredded or it falls apart. Basically, it tasted terrible.

So yeah, we didn't like the place and haven't been back to eat.

jbiscuit
08-20-2011, 06:12 PM
food sucks but we have eaten there a couple times during the car show. But not worth the trip especially FOR the food that is for sure. Its a shame too because good mexican food + car show would equal WIN WIN WIN!

Got Boost
08-21-2011, 09:13 AM
Gus's is horrible....Their saisa was ok then when I wanted more it tasted like dish soap....Would never eat there again....