PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a local shop to do an sr swap

jc9up240sx
08-17-2011, 11:52 AM
New to milwaukee and don't know any import shops in the area. I'm looking for a reputable shop to do an sr swap for me. It's going to be put in a s13 if that helps. Any help will be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!! I don't mind traveling a few hours for a good shop.

Waver
08-17-2011, 11:55 AM
I am sure West Bend Dyno or Late Model Throttle (site sponsors) can help you out with it. Plus this forum has a few members who have done the SR as well as 2jz swaps before.

jc9up240sx
08-17-2011, 12:03 PM
I guess it doesn't have to be a shop to do it. Im just a little leary about letting just anyone do it. I've been screwed by 2 mechanics up here for thousands of dollars, only to have to redo all the work myself.... If any one would like to tackle the job and can show me that they've done it before and is trust worthy I'd be ok with that. Thanks!!

BeesTwinEG
08-17-2011, 11:16 PM
pmd

GTSLOW
08-17-2011, 11:57 PM
pmd

search around before following this pm!!!!!

Also I'm pretty sure where he's recommending is NOT a sponsor.

BeesTwinEG
08-18-2011, 12:51 AM
I'm guessing some people haven't watch the news lately.....
anyhow, bee have been running his business legit since 2000 and made records almost every year for Honda/Import scene in WI and other States. 160+mph trap speed from a 4cylinder... I'm sure you can give some kind of good reputation and some little respect from a v8 guy that probably heard and read nothing but rumors.
I know we are not a sponsor thats why I pmd him.

GTSLOW
08-18-2011, 01:49 AM
All I said was search around. Sheesh if the guy comes there and likes the place by all means he can spend money where ever the hell he wants.

Also there's been plenty of speed shops that have had "fast" cars. That doesn't mean they did quality work (not saying said business does not do "quality" work).

BeesTwinEG
08-18-2011, 01:55 AM
I understand.
95% of shops been around 5+ years with records and fast/quick customer cars i'm sure they qualify as quality work. I'm sure beeyond have been qualified as quality work. you can even stop by the shop and I'll personally tour you the whole shop. :headbang
but yes customer have his/her choice.
good day staff sarg... at least thats what your avatar says

-simon

nismodave
08-18-2011, 08:16 AM
Being an SR20det owner for almost 8 years.....SR swaps are VERY easy if you have some time and mechanical skill.

You can buy Harnesses online, which is one of the most difficult parts.

There is not one SHOP in town I would have work on my car.

Silver86
08-18-2011, 11:08 AM

+1

flyin_blue_egg
08-18-2011, 11:14 AM
If you have any ?'s bout 240's and engine swaps I would reccomend PMing/talking to either nismodave (has a SWEET looking sr swaped 240) or Flicktitty (his gf/him/I and a few other friends put a 2jz in her 240 and then took it out and put it in another one)

BeesTwinEG
08-18-2011, 11:39 AM

that is why your turbo, wg and manifold just cracked and broke off the vehicle but its okay... customer's choice.
anyway good luck to the op

WickedSix
08-18-2011, 11:56 AM
wasn't there pics of a kuztom exhaust shetup from said shop on here somewhere?

I recommend NismoDave...stand up guy... if he has time to help you out obviously

edit: beware the speed holes

Flicktitty
08-18-2011, 12:16 PM
Being an SR20det owner for almost 8 years.....SR swaps are VERY easy if you have some time and mechanical skill.

You can buy Harnesses online, which is one of the most difficult parts.

I Agree 100%

SR Swap's should be pretty straight forward as it is a "factory" motor in that car in Japan. As Dave said wiring is the biggest issue with these cars, and Wiring specialties makes a harness for the car. http://www.wiringspecialties.com/s13srins13241.html

I would invest in this video $25 http://www.drifting.com/article.php?threadid=6536&goto=newpost&show_Title=
Watch the video a few times see what you think of the swap and see if it is doable or not for you. If you need a hand i may be able to help sometime.

Irish
08-18-2011, 01:10 PM
Beyond's weld have more stick coming out of the weld than they actually have going into them. I saw a picture of this floating around the Internet not too long ago.

I would definitely attempt it myself before I would trust it to a shop that has a questionable history.

http://iamdavidberry.com/exhaust/IMG_2335.JPG

WhatsADSM
08-18-2011, 02:03 PM
This thread makes me laugh...

I echo the other comments about SR + 240. They are actually pretty easy with most if not all swap parts available off-the-shelf.

That_Guy
08-18-2011, 06:09 PM
I'm guessing some people haven't watch the news lately.....
anyhow, bee have been running his business legit since 2000 and made records almost every year for Honda/Import scene in WI and other States. 160+mph trap speed from a 4cylinder... I'm sure you can give some kind of good reputation and some little respect from a v8 guy that probably heard and read nothing but rumors.
I know we are not a sponsor thats why I pmd him.

what part of not a sponsor is hard to understand. go pimp your business some place else.

BeesTwinEG
08-18-2011, 07:01 PM
I've really missed the hateness but hey who would not hate on a shop thats been open for 10 years but its okay, carry on.
hey i think i remember picture, i believe there are always two sides of the story;not even gonna waste the time to argue with you people.
have a good one,
oh by the way, come to the import wars in sept and just hide in the benches and look at our cars fly.
didnt mean to offend in any way.

nismodave
08-18-2011, 08:06 PM
that is why your turbo, wg and manifold just cracked and broke off the vehicle but its okay... customer's choice.
anyway good luck to the op

What the FUCK are you talking about?????

My bolts loosened up after hard pounding on it at Road America last year.......And that was to be be expected. My shit just doesnt go fast for 1 or 2 passes.

You have no clue about ANYTHING about my car.

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
08-18-2011, 08:29 PM
I've been around Bee's shop back when it was on the southside and i personally know people who have been ripped off by that shop. The only legit tech they had was Dow and he was smart and left. Word travels quite fast about who and who not to recommend and trust.

spooln30
08-18-2011, 09:11 PM
I also loved the DOUBLE head gaskets on a Civic SI turbo to lower the compression. HahaHacks.

That_Guy
08-18-2011, 09:53 PM
I've really missed the hateness but hey who would not hate on a shop thats been open for 10 years but its okay, carry on.
hey i think i remember picture, i believe there are always two sides of the story;not even gonna waste the time to argue with you people.
have a good one,
oh by the way, come to the import wars in sept and just hide in the benches and look at our cars fly.

support the forum and pay for sponsorship or gtfo

badass88gt
08-18-2011, 11:14 PM
I'm a Ford guy and I even know better and have heard enough about Bee's to know to never go there even if I have a flat tire.

DRK
08-19-2011, 12:17 AM
I understand.
95% of shops been around 5+ years with records and fast/quick customer cars i'm sure they qualify as quality work. I'm sure beeyond have been qualified as quality work. you can even stop by the shop and I'll personally tour you the whole shop. :headbang
but yes customer have his/her choice.
good day staff sarg... at least thats what your avatar says

-simon

have a good one,

Is English your first language?

GTSLOW
08-19-2011, 09:44 AM
No doubt this thread is headed to good places.

-stew-
08-19-2011, 11:21 AM
support the forum and pay for sponsorship or gtfo

Does that apply to the people running cash businesses out of their houses too?

PureSound15
08-19-2011, 01:12 PM
Does that apply to the people running cash businesses out of their houses too?

Yes, and they all sponsor.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yooformula
08-19-2011, 03:04 PM

Yes and they are all licensed, insured and pay taxes!

-stew-
08-19-2011, 04:34 PM

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn't directed at or referring to any site sponsors, was referring to the people that chime in offering their services when ever someone needs needs something done in their respective fields. I don't see much difference between a guy who owns a business fishing here with out being a sponsor and a guy doing side work fishing for business here without being a sponsor.

Yooformula
08-19-2011, 05:25 PM
Wasn't directed at or referring to any site sponsors, was referring to the people that chime in offering their services when ever someone needs needs something done in their respective fields. I don't see much difference between a guy who owns a business fishing here with out being a sponsor and a guy doing side work fishing for business here without being a sponsor.

point made but main difference is that people offering services dont usually advertise it. their names are tossed out there and if they chose to PM someone thats their prerogative as we dont monitor PMs. in threads similar to this, non sponsors are soliciting their work that compete with paying sponsors. thats it!

If simon wanted to stay under the radar, he shouldnt have posted this..
pmd so being a non sponsor, everyone's opinion matters in this case.

for some others that dont have banners, that may be part of their sponsor agreement with the benefit being substantial savings with quality & LICENSED work for our members.

nismodave
08-19-2011, 06:01 PM
There are people on this board that need to get a life.

nismodave
08-22-2011, 09:18 PM
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/12601958/images/1288327387928.gif

jc9up240sx
08-22-2011, 09:36 PM
Thanks guys I appreciate all the responses. I'm not sure who will be doing it yet.. But I'm open to more offers also. I would try to do it myself but I've never done one before and don't want to mess anything up. I'd rather have someone who has done it before do it. I would gladly jump in and help til the end so I would have a better understanding of how to do it for the next time. The reason I was looking for a shop also is so I could drop it off, work and still make money,then pick it up in a few days ready to drive til winter.