PDA

View Full Version : Collector car insurance

DRK
08-12-2011, 09:54 AM
I'm looking for feedback on any insurer with a local office that offers agreed or stated value auto policys.

animal
08-12-2011, 10:23 AM
I'm looking for feedback on any insurer with a local office that offers agreed or stated value auto policys.

I booked hagerty through my local AAA car insurance agent. Does that count?

DRK
08-12-2011, 10:58 AM
I'm unsure of the process, did you have to itemize everything and provide receipts and pictures? Did you need a appraisal? I'm looking for something as quick and painless as possible but I don't wanna have to burn the place down later either if I have a problem with a claim. All the online applications I find are filled with miles of minutia.

loud91rs
08-12-2011, 01:14 PM
I am filling out a hagerty application as we speak. They want you to list what is in the vehicle, as well as send them proof of your insurance coverage on your everyday vehicle. Once this is done, it seems to be pretty quick and painless...or so I hope. Their prices seem decent.

Troutman
08-12-2011, 01:36 PM
when filling mine with Haggerty, I submitted a number of photos (during and post build) along with a detailed 4 page modification sheet of every single thing I had done (down to the number of coats of POR-15 I had on the unibody). Had no problems obtaining the desired value I wanted, along with no problems when I wanted to raise the value a couple years later.

DRK
08-12-2011, 02:10 PM
when filling mine with Haggerty, I submitted a number of photos (during and post build) along with a detailed 4 page modification sheet of every single thing I had done (down to the number of coats of POR-15 I had on the unibody).

This is what I'm trying to avoid. I have a 3" thick 3 ring binder full of receipts that I'd rather not spend a week turning into a novel.

animal
08-12-2011, 02:33 PM
Alot of it depends on if you're trying to insure the car for what they'd consider top dollar in that make/year/model or under that. I insured my 66 stang for 10k agreed value and all they wanted was 4 pics (back corner, opposite front corner, engine, interior). My AAA agent took care of the rest as far as getting them proof of primary insurance, etc. It was real easy... All I had to do was all my agent, tell him what I needed and snap 4 pics and send them to him.

JC70SS
08-12-2011, 03:33 PM
hagerty or grundy

pOrk
08-12-2011, 07:35 PM
I have an agreed value insurance policy on my 65 through Acuity and its way cheaper then hagerty / grundy etc, also I can drive it as much as I want and zero restrictions as far as when / where I can drive etc. I pay 150 bucks a year, full coverage

JC70SS
08-12-2011, 09:56 PM
A lot of these non- hagerty/grundy policies are "stated" value policies and not "agreed" value. Big difference!

Gary Anderson
08-13-2011, 08:06 AM
A lot of these non- hagerty/grundy policies are "stated" value policies and not "agreed" value. Big difference!

And the difference is?

DRK
08-13-2011, 08:10 AM
And the difference is?

copied from Hagerty's site

An Agreed Value policy (which is the same as Hagerty’s Guaranteed Value policy) guarantees the policy will pay the full insured amount of the vehicle – with no depreciation – in case of a covered total loss. A stated value policy (sometimes called stated amount or maximum limit of liability) does not promise upfront to pay this stated amount. In the event of a covered total loss, it may pay less than the stated amount, as the insurer has the right to pay the lesser of your collector car’s depreciated actual cash value (ACV) or its replacement cost. Also, many insurers that offer stated value policies require periodic appraisals to substantiate the insured amount, adding cost and inconvenience to the client.

pOrk
08-13-2011, 08:13 AM
My policy says if my car is stolen / totaled / whatever they write me a check for 8 grand. Exactly what my car is worth

SSDude
08-13-2011, 08:36 AM
I've had Hagerty and am currently insured with Grundy. Never had a claim with either so I couldn't tell you how that experience would be.
I went with Grundy as it was less expensive. The restrictions are about the same with both.
Working with either was as easy as filling out the standard forms and providing the required photo's. If you feel you need to talk with a local agent I believe M&M insurance (4114-546-4550) on hy100 and Beloit handles Hagerty. At least they did a few years ago.

jbiscuit
08-13-2011, 01:19 PM
I have Hagerty through my insurance policy carrier for our home, cars and addition coverage for some misc items. Hagerty was great when I had to use them for a tow a couple summers back. No questions asked for the distance required to get the car to my house. They always let me increase the value on the car whenever I want and my agent that manages our other policies had nothing but good things to say about Hagerty as a whole. So far so good for me and less than $180 for full coverage for 12 months. Grundy is another good one and their approach to getting policy holders is basically what SSDude mentioned: they are cheaper. We did some work for Grundy at my last job and it was no secret they just look to undercut Hagerty to get the business. Great strategy and keeps the policy prices low for us, the classic car owners. Either one of these carriers would work just fine. Just make sure to document your car accurately

Karps TA
08-13-2011, 02:05 PM
I used Heacock on my TA the last 2 years. Prices were good, the detail they asked for on the car was nice. Easy process to setup. But I never had a claim, so no idea what that process was like. I think I went with them because they had less restrictions then the others I looked at if I remember.

Moparjim
08-13-2011, 07:53 PM
I have posted this many times. Kevin Grall State Farm in oak creek 414-762-3300. It is no hassle, stated value collector insurance for peanuts, like 25% of what places like Haggerty and Grundy quoted me, way less hassle as well. Yes 25%, as in haggerty was four times as much. I pay like $10 a month for things like my Talon and Trailduster in the 10,000 range, like $30 a month for my Viper stated value of $100,000. My kids insurance and daily drivers were way cheaper as well probably 2/3 the cost of what I was paying at allstate. My 16 year old son even is only in the$ 50 per month range.

Tell him I sent you!

loud91rs
08-15-2011, 08:01 AM
I have posted this many times. Kevin Grall State Farm in oak creek 414-762-3300. It is no hassle, stated value collector insurance for peanuts, like 25% of what places like Haggerty and Grundy quoted me, way less hassle as well. Yes 25%, as in haggerty was four times as much. I pay like $10 a month for things like my Talon and Trailduster in the 10,000 range, like $30 a month for my Viper stated value of $100,000. My kids insurance and daily drivers were way cheaper as well probably 2/3 the cost of what I was paying at allstate. My 16 year old son even is only in the$ 50 per month range.

Tell him I sent you!

I am a big fan of state farm with their rates. My camaro is insured through their collector car policy and I also pay about $10 a month or a little less. The ONLY problem is that they will not touch a car with a roll bar or cage. I ended up having to go through hagerty because of this. I was pretty bummed.

DRK
08-23-2011, 10:11 AM
Thanks for the input guys. After a lot of research I decided I need a agreed not stated value policy and only a few company's offer them. I picked Hagerty because I have come across zero bad rep. for them anywhere. I took me two days to fill out the online apllication and I know I missed some shit. I'm glad it's raining because I haven't heard back form them yet and not driving this thing Yesterday was killing me.

Short and shitty little clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcKQk6B9ayk

Irish
08-23-2011, 02:20 PM
Thanks for the input guys. After a lot of research I decided I need a agreed not stated value policy and only a few company's offer them. I picked Hagerty because I have come across zero bad rep. for them anywhere. I took me two days to fill out the online apllication and I know I missed some shit. I'm glad it's raining because I haven't heard back form them yet and not driving this thing Yesterday was killing me.

Short and shitty little clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcKQk6B9ayk

That sounded great! Look good from what I could see of the car!

More pics and vids please!

DRK
08-23-2011, 08:39 PM
That sounded great! Look good from what I could see of the car!

More pics and vids please!

I don't have many of it together but here's a few

http://i399.photobucket.com/albums/pp72/1DRKPNY/002small.jpg

http://i399.photobucket.com/albums/pp72/1DRKPNY/0803111611a.jpg

http://i399.photobucket.com/albums/pp72/1DRKPNY/051-1.jpg

http://i399.photobucket.com/albums/pp72/1DRKPNY/66/021.jpg

http://i399.photobucket.com/albums/pp72/1DRKPNY/66/008.jpg

http://i399.photobucket.com/albums/pp72/1DRKPNY/66/005.jpg