PDA

View Full Version : Just picked up a new shotgun...

Prince Valiant
08-07-2011, 11:09 PM
...and would like to take the somewhere to learn to shoot. Where is a good place to go?

btw, it's a little Ithaca 20 gauge...

Russ Jerome
08-07-2011, 11:48 PM
45n, exit Jackson and head East 2 miles, north on G, public hunting area both sides of road. $14 small game licence covers numerous non protected speciea, dont have to kill anything but makes shooting legal. I'd like to get my 22 out anyway, we will have you dropping blackbirds in minutes :)

TheRX7Project
08-08-2011, 09:23 AM
I took mine to the Cudahy Sportsman's Club and told them I've never shot clays before. There were a few guys more than willing to help.

Clays are fun as hell and GREAT practice against a moving target.

xxtremeteam
08-08-2011, 09:36 AM
I took mine to the Cudahy Sportsman's Club and told them I've never shot clays before. There were a few guys more than willing to help.

Clays are fun as hell and GREAT practice against a moving target.

I agree anywhere that has open trap or sporting clays you will be hooked

Prince Valiant
08-08-2011, 10:01 AM
Hmph...when I edited, I took out "I'd like to take the wife to learn to shoot..."

I like Russ's idea of going to public hunting lands and just letting her shoot. She's never shot anything or even held a gun...

I might have her shoot a pellet gun the first few shots and then let her at the Ithaca, lol.

fivonut
08-08-2011, 12:55 PM
Bring her up to Shiocton this sat. We'll break her in!!

Sent from my Atrix using Tapatalk

Russ Jerome
08-08-2011, 10:44 PM
I might have her shoot a pellet gun the first few shots and then let her at the Ithaca, lol.

I've got a scoped 1200fps rifle on the deck, 50 points for tree rats on the back fence line, 25 points for near shots, blackbirds are double points given the target size. I"ve got enough pellets to keep her buisy all night :)

Prince Valiant
08-08-2011, 11:08 PM
How much if she shoots the dude that pee's behind your house :D

Russ Jerome
08-10-2011, 12:30 AM
He is jackpot, if she makes him buckel over I will cook a steak ;)

TheRX7Project
08-10-2011, 09:41 AM
I agree anywhere that has open trap or sporting clays you will be hooked

I've been doing open trap for a while now, gotten pretty decent at it (I can hit about 80% until I get fatigued, which is about 30 rounds or so). One of these days I'll try sporting clays, that looks like REAL fun!