PDA

View Full Version : Wife took her CCW class

Rocket Power
08-01-2011, 12:37 PM
My wife took the CCW class at WCTC. It was taught by LEO's so it covers two,even though you only need one, of the requirements of the bill (being a class for or by LEO's and being at a tech college, ) and was only $85. It ran from 8am to 2:30pm. She liked it. Some of what they went over she already knew from helping me with studying with my firearms class when I was in school, but also they used the simulator they have for the police classes where you can shoot without live ammo. Sounded like a good class to take, but I already have academy and hunter safety so I don't need it.

350-Z28
08-01-2011, 01:07 PM
That doesnt sound half bad, otherwise I attended the NRA's seminar at cabela's and one of their certified instructors teaches a basic pistol class in Elkhorn for $80, two day class, he supplies guns and ammo for the range, second day you can bring in your own gun and ammo if you have it. I thought about doing that since you get some actual range time. Minuteman is the name of his business, if any other members on here have interest I'll get all of his contact info.

That_Guy
08-01-2011, 09:22 PM
I took the utah permit with mike bender and took hunters safety. I wouldn't mind taking the class at wctc. Although this fall I'm wrapping up a criminal justice degree there.