PDA

View Full Version : Traded in the KImber :(

BigSnailBuick
07-31-2011, 06:26 PM
My Kimber Raptor 2 NO!!!!!! I wish I was made of money and could have kept it but the wallet wouldnt allow. However....

On Tuesday I will be picking up my Nighthawk Customs GRP 1911. I knew I shouldnt have touched it and clicked in the mag that had made in Italy inscribed on it. I touched it and it was game over...no pun intended LOL

Will get some pics up on tuesday :) I r EXCITED!

Wagonbacker9
07-31-2011, 06:31 PM
1911s are sexy.. I want one pretty bad. Nothing that nice though. lol

350-Z28
08-01-2011, 10:41 AM
Hate you, but 1911's are the way to go. <3 my taurus!

Rocket Power
08-01-2011, 11:31 AM
Sorry I can't feel sorry for you having to go from a Kimber to a Nighthawk Custom.:rolf

Slow5oh
08-01-2011, 11:33 AM
Jealous. I'd love to get my hands on a t3 but not loving the 3400.00 tag. Post pics when you get!

BigSnailBuick
08-01-2011, 01:11 PM
Lol I also would love a T3. However I couldn't pass up the GRP. It was just too incredible to play with. The clearances and the way the gun clicks when you move any part of it just....well if you ever see one...just click the mag in once :D I'd like to crown the barrel like the T3 has, just gotta find a good place to have it done.

Side note. If anyone wants a beautiful Kimber raptor ii check out shortys shooters sports down past miller park!

Slow5oh
08-01-2011, 01:39 PM
Lol I also would love a T3. However I couldn't pass up the GRP. It was just too incredible to play with. The clearances and the way the gun clicks when you move any part of it just....well if you ever see one...just click the mag in once :D I'd like to crown the barrel like the T3 has, just gotta find a good place to have it done.

Side note. If anyone wants a beautiful Kimber raptor ii check out shortys shooters sports down past miller park!
I haven't had a chance to see/feel any of NHC guns in person. :(

Slow5oh
08-02-2011, 05:24 PM
It's tuesday I'm here for the pictures :D

BigSnailBuick
08-03-2011, 04:40 AM
Sorry I didnt get them on sooner. Was soo busy yesterday!

Ran 150 rounds through the gun and am absurdly impressed. Tight groupings, great feel, perfect loading. Shooting the whole range length at Fletchers I was still able to maintain a tight grouping.. no bigger than a dinner plate. Up close the accuracy was unmatched by any pistol I have owned. Gun definitely lets you know you fired it though... The rear mainspring housing serrations have a pretty violent feel after 150 rounds :) My quick draw double tap groupings were almost on top of each other ...guess i had a good muscle memory day :D Either or..this gun definitely made me look like a better shot than I am!:goof Also decided to just leave the gun the way it is...if I want a crowned barrel and such might as well just save up and buy another some day, The gun is simply too perfect to screw with the way it is! The guys at nighthawk also informed me if I ever want to modify the gun it HAS to be through them. If they see work on it that hasnt been recorded and done by them they wont touch the gun. Makes sense.

Anywho here are a few pics. Hope yall enjoy

http://i53.tinypic.com/99g9hu.jpg

http://i55.tinypic.com/eriwd2.jpg

http://i52.tinypic.com/2qw38fp.jpg

Wagonbacker9
08-03-2011, 02:09 PM
its pretty... lol

350-Z28
08-04-2011, 08:05 AM
Definitely must have one some day. If you don't mind my asking how much were they asking without your trade?

BigSnailBuick
08-04-2011, 03:22 PM
Definitely must have one some day. If you don't mind my asking how much were they asking without your trade?

This gun was an insanely rare find because it was Used! I've never heard of anyone trading in a nighthawk! Guess a lady in her 40s from out of state just moved here and had bills to pay and had run < 200 rounds outta the gun. Lucky for me my old man is friends with shorty and he was kind enough to offer it to me before Anyone else had the chance to pounce! :D Was tagged for 2100. So I saved myself a good chunk of change gettin it for 2 as oppose to buying a new one. I tend to see a small number of used Wilson combats but the NHC was a welcome surprise.

If you ever wanna take a look at one Midwest shooters supply usually keeps 1-3 in stock. Was just up there yesterday and played with the 2 they have. A beautiful t3 for $2700 and the new bobtailed talon 2 for $2800. Pick up the t3 once and you will write a check. Don't say I didn't warn you :P

350-Z28
08-05-2011, 08:29 AM
Heh luckily I dont have checks, or that much money in the bank so I won't be able to walk out with it (after the waiting period of course). Though I'm sure I'll be kicking myself for touching it. I'll have to check them out though, my friend stole a double stacked Para 1911 for like $1000 never fired but his shoots like 1ft low and he and I are both of about the same skill level. Me with my Taurus PT1911 hit like 90% of shots on paper at maybe 25-30 yards, I think of his 14 rds 3 made it on paper and he is less than impressed with their customer service department or tech department. Needless to say I would rather have another single stack 1911 that shoots dead on than a Para that's spray and pray

Cryptic
08-05-2011, 01:38 PM
Wow that's an expensive piece. Makes my Benelli shotgun and rifle cheap in comparison. A 1911 will be the first pistol I buy... but I never planned on spending that much on one.

350-Z28
08-05-2011, 03:36 PM
Wow that's an expensive piece. Makes my Benelli shotgun and rifle cheap in comparison. A 1911 will be the first pistol I buy... but I never planned on spending that much on one.

If you're looking to get into a good cheaper 1911 the taurus is fantastic for the money, otherwise kimber and springfield make good pieces

HITMAN
08-06-2011, 06:03 AM

No need to. Here's a great gun that retails for under a grand and has a lot of features and it's made in the states.
Springfield Armory Range Officer (http://www.springfield-armory.com/1911RO/1911RangeOfficer.htm)
http://www.cybersportinggoods.com/phpmyfaq/images/range-officer-1911-pistol.jpg

Ruger and Remington have also recently come out with less expensive "made in the states" 1911s.

Gregor
08-06-2011, 11:27 PM
No need to. Here's a great gun that retails for under a grand and has a lot of features and it's made in the states.
Springfield Armory Range Officer (http://www.springfield-armory.com/1911RO/1911RangeOfficer.htm)
http://www.cybersportinggoods.com/phpmyfaq/images/range-officer-1911-pistol.jpg

Now that is a nice handgun for the price. Not sure about the wood handgrips but since it is a 1911 I am sure that could be swapped out.

Slow5oh
08-14-2011, 12:13 PM
Put some rounds down range at Midwestern the other day, just sold a t3 when I was there so I didn't get my hands on it, but did the bobtail. So smooth.

BigSnailBuick
08-26-2011, 09:03 PM
Put some rounds down range at Midwestern the other day, just sold a t3 when I was there so I didn't get my hands on it, but did the bobtail. So smooth.

Ahh yes...Was wonderful wasnt it :D I knew that T3 would sell fast...damnit now I cant play with it when I go up there :(