PDA

View Full Version : More progress today . . .

SMS 1
08-22-2004, 01:00 AM
Finally got my lazy azz out by the car and swapped bellhousings, put the trans, driveshaft, and tourque arm in today. This was the first time I have done an engine swap in a linkage/clutch car. Ticked me off I kept forgetting I had to line everything up as it was going together, had to redo the damn clutch linkage like three times. Also did a mold/quick cast test for my latest scatch/fab project this week. Making centercaps from scratch is not as easy as it looks, but the test went well. Next week I'll be ready to make the final molds and pour some resin :banana Also got my new tails in yesterday . . .

http://www.aurigenmedia.com/misc/rrz83.jpg

For mold shape/size tests I just used some 5min epoxy. Cheaper, easier, and faster than the casting resin I'll be using for the finals. Thats why these look like total crap though.
http://www.aurigenmedia.com/misc/ccaps.jpg

Size is only off by about 1/16" from what it should be in the end. The final molds should correct for the contraction I had with these. (Yes I know I'm missing a few lugs :goof )
http://www.aurigenmedia.com/misc/capwheeltest.jpg

SMS 1
08-23-2004, 08:53 PM
Guess I'm starting to bore everyone :yawn:

Bad-TSi
08-23-2004, 09:50 PM
Guess I'm starting to bore everyone :yawn:
Yup, nobody cares! :goof

Syclone0044
08-23-2004, 10:18 PM
I read your posts. I just don't have anything to say. :) I read you put your trans and everything in, in 1 sentence like it was nothing. I took me nearly a week to remove my trans (albeit it was a 4x4 drivetrain and my first time pulling a trans, and using jackstands and hand tools by myself). So it sounds like you're motoring right a long (no pun intended.) :thumbsup

SMS 1
08-23-2004, 11:33 PM
Actually I figured I would get a lot of crap by now for taking so damn long! I did the same as you though. We pulled two engines and installed 1 in this car all on grass and gravel w/jackstands and all handtools. Plus to make things worse absolutely no-one was out by the car when I put the trans in, had to use the old chest jack for that one! I just got lucky that the splines lined right up and it slid in in like 8 minutes total. I just felt like bumpin the thread earlier guys, sorry to whine.

Prince Valiant
08-23-2004, 11:55 PM
I took a year and a half...i think I was harder on myself than anyone else could have been.

it's one of those things that you just chug away at...like a bad dinner your GF cooked up...it'll get done.

Cryptic
08-24-2004, 12:19 AM
it's one of those things that you just chug away at...like a bad dinner your GF cooked up...it'll get done.

you know a girl that cooks? or even tries too? :bs

SMS 1
08-24-2004, 12:23 AM
you know a girl that cooks? or even tries too? :bs
HAHAHAHA! Ya this I gotta see!

Puts on flame suit, and waits for wife to read this. :flamet

PonyKiller87
08-24-2004, 08:31 AM
Its funny how well I can relate to both the projects taking longer than I think they should and suffering through a gf's bad cooking. You wouldnt believe how depressing it is to see what was a nice fresh 16oz T-bone, thats now a shriviled peice of boot leather that dulls the steak knife as you attempt to saw it into peices. :crying

Anyways its good to see that there is some progress though. If you need any help with the wiring let me know.