PDA

View Full Version : I will never run at RSD again..If you run at GLD read..

nismodave
08-21-2004, 12:56 PM
I arrived at the track @ 7:45 for Real Street Drags on 8-19-04.

Paid $25.

Waited to get the car seached for 5 min.

Waited 35 min to get 100 oct gas and teched. One person running tech and the pumps.

Got into a looooooonnnnnnggggggg line @ 8:30. My friend got there @ 7ish and hadnt run yet.

I pulled up to the line @ 10:45 ran, and went home. I had to go to work in the morning.

What a piss poor way to run an event. I see stunt bikes, a jet car, and full blown race cars running, while the biggest majority of cars is sitting in 4 & 5 lanes for hours.

I will never run at RSD again. And neither will any of my friends.

Cryptic
08-21-2004, 01:12 PM
I also found that guy at tech to be kinda moody or some kinda prick too

Bad-TSi
08-21-2004, 04:16 PM
I also found that guy at tech to be kinda moody or some kinda prick too
You mean Old Man Grove?

And Dave, I agree, the grove does kinda suck, but the trick is you gotta hit the track on a weekday. Get thier at like 5:00 or so. I went last year on a Wendsday, paid like $15, ran immediatly, and then like 4 times in row after that untill I actually had to wait.

Lash
08-21-2004, 04:46 PM
Yeah...my friend with the green cavalier only got 2 runs in. The first run he had to wait almost 2 1/2 hours.

And whats with the 50 + people standing up by staging? Real safe.

Kory 88Iroc lt1
08-21-2004, 09:52 PM
Last time I went, they had harley night. It wasn't on the schedule that I had so I didn't know about it, or I would have stayed home. My friend and i were there from 6:30 to close. I made 3 passes and my friend made 2. It sucked. They kept closing the lanes so the bikes could run. Just what I wanted to do. pay 25 bucks and watch 15 second bikes all night.
On top of that the track prep pretty much always sucks.
Kory

scottie K
08-22-2004, 12:31 PM
I agree on the stunt bike and jet car should of not been there.

BUT IF READ THE CHITOWNRACING.COM FORUMS YOU WOULD OF KNOWN RSD IS NOT A TEST AND TUNE NIGHT SO FOR THAT MATTER IF YOU WANT TO RACE PEOPLE THATS WAY THEY CALL IT REAL STREET DRAGS NOT TEST AND TUNE i got there at 6:30 first run was at 9:30 i still ended up with a street race that night

Syclone0044
08-22-2004, 02:38 PM
I arrived at the track @ 7:45 for Real Street Drags on 8-19-04. That was your first mistake - arriving that late. You're not gonna get a lot of test and tune runs in. How many times do they say "This is Not, I repeat Not, I repeat NOT a test and Tune night!"? At least 10 every RSD?

Waited to get the car seached for 5 min. I thought that sucked too, blame it on the chumps who were trying to sneak people in. My search only took about 15 seconds, not sure what took the extra 4 minutes, 45 seconds for yours.

Waited 35 min to get 100 oct gas and teched. One person running tech and the pumps. That is probably a legitimate complaint. Last time I ran RSDs (1 or 2 months ago ) they had 2 lines going.

Got into a looooooonnnnnnggggggg line @ 8:30. My friend got there @ 7ish and hadnt run yet.

I pulled up to the line @ 10:45 ran, and went home. I had to go to work in the morning.

What a piss poor way to run an event. I see stunt bikes, a jet car, and full blown race cars running, while the biggest majority of cars is sitting in 4 & 5 lanes for hours.

I will never run at RSD again. And neither will any of my friends. You really got it all wrong. You came to the wrong event if you wanted to run test and tune. There are many days where you can easily race until you smoke your brakes, melt your tires, blow your drivetrain, or run out of gas (whichever comes first). I thought the event was run very well indeed. Check out my post on this topic here: RSD 8-19 Thank you Brian & Great Lakes Dragaway! (http://www.greatlakesdragaway.com/gldforums/showthread.php?t=1673). (continued)

Syclone0044
08-22-2004, 02:39 PM
As for you never running at RSD again, you certainly have that option as a paying customer, (as do you have the right to complain). However let me enlighten you a little bit. A lot of my fellow drag racing friends from around the country tell me about their local tracks. And a number of them are 1/8 mile tracks, or 1000' tracks. One guy I know has to drive 3 hours to get to a 1/4 mile track. I have a great one here that's only 1 hour away. Have you ever checked how often a normal dragstrip is open for test and tune, i.e. your regular joe racing his street car? I'll give you a tip; it's not real often. Here's a link to WIR's race schedule: http://www.wirracing.com/drag_schedule.asp Check how often they have Test and Tune listed. I can tell you how often GLD has test and tune. Every Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday throughout the season (barring major events on Sun & Sat), plus 1 Thursday each Month, and some Mondays during holidays like Memorial Day / Labor Day (?) and July 4th was one as well this year. A friend of mine in Southern California says you have to get to his local track hours before they open to get in line, just to get a tech card that is good for 3 runs. Keep in mind he only has this "option" once a month or once every two months or however often their test and tune turns out to be.

So I know you are upset about not racing more than once on Thursday and I don't blame you if you weren't aware that you had picked the worst night and timing to attempt test and tune. But once you take a look at the whole picture, I think you will realize how nice you really have it.

PS: Yes "Old Man Grove" is really hard to like, but my advice is to just treat him like a cop - say yes sir, act nice & respectful, and after a while you won't have any more problems. Would be nice if he was more friendly but chances are he will be working that position for a long time yet so best to just get used to it.

Neal Steffek
08-22-2004, 05:13 PM
Check these 2 links. :burnout

http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2465

http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2464

Lash
08-22-2004, 06:02 PM
I think a large part of the problem this past thurs. was the LARGE amount of people standing up by the waterbox that the GLD people were constantly telling to move....and nobody seemed to listen. Another part was that drivers seemed more concerned with chit chatting in the staging lanes (mostly short staging) rather than getting prepared for a race.

Just my .02 :)

nismodave
08-22-2004, 09:20 PM
I did not come there to test and tune.

I wanted to see what the car was running that night before I decide to challenge some guy for $.

When the biggest group of people ( time runs) has to wait hours to run, thats just dumb.

So you can kiss GLD ass all you like.

The track is not run well, with the $ they make there it should be a much better track. It would be in their best intrest to be better organized.

Hell, on Black Sunday they ran out of 116 early in the day, another example of poor management.

I know a TON of people who WOULD run there if the track was better.

Thus more cars, and more money for the track.

And they always seem to have a sport bike or Harley night during the week, so it makes it difficult to get more than 2-3 runs, even if you are early.

Syclone0044
08-22-2004, 10:40 PM
Funny I did not have any problem getting 15 timeslips the last time I went to Test and Tune at GLD:

http://s95370645.onlinehome.us/syclone/files/15timeslips_small.jpg

Why is it dumb when the time run people have to wait on a day that is not a test and tune night? The only dumb part I see, is the people who came in late expecting to get a lot of test and tunes in.

All of your friends that are too good to race at GLD; where are they racing instead? How often is that track open?

Lash
08-22-2004, 10:57 PM
Yeah...if youre looking for time runs RSD is not the place to do it.
We got there a little later than planed...so it was mostly our fault for getting only 2 runs in. We weren't looking to get any 1/4 times...just to see how the car would act on the track... and maybe a little friendly heads up racing.

I can't complain though. I have a full 1/4 mile track thats 25 min from my house. Most people have to drive hours for something like that. Plus...from what I've seen.... GLD seems to be a quicker track (people seems to run faily good times at GLD compared to other tracks)...most of the time.

:)

SpdRcrZ
08-23-2004, 01:12 PM
Whats up Lash? Comming to the Grove on Wed? (I think it is a Harley night :()

We're the ones with the Green Cav, and yes, we where late (damn truck took forever to show up)

Our gripe was this........ wtf does a JET CAR have to do with RSDs? What does STUNT BIKES have to do with RSDs? The damn Jet car ran twice while I sat in line for over 2 hours. Thats at least 20-30mins of waisted time. And the lanes for test/tune/untimed timed runs was moving faster then the actuall Grudge match lanes.

I had been down there with my Blue Z24 for the RSDs last year, and it was run a TON better. A bonus last year, was you at least got HALF of a time slip, so you knew how you ran..... this time they had nothing.

So far for me this year, the RSD's are a bust.

Best part of the night was our last run, when the S10 my brother was racing broke an axle (not the best part for him) but we ended up being the last run of the night, and thier were ALOT of people in the staging lanes yet, and the money runs off to the side. THEY WHERE PIZZED.

Oh well, I hope this Wed. is better.

Lash
08-23-2004, 02:12 PM
Sup Brain.

Yeah...I'll be there...as long as it dosen't rain. :mad:

animal
08-23-2004, 02:52 PM
I arrived at the track @ 7:45 for Real Street Drags on 8-19-04.

Paid $25.

Waited to get the car seached for 5 min.

Waited 35 min to get 100 oct gas and teched. One person running tech and the pumps.

I will never run at RSD again. And neither will any of my friends.

I arrived at the mall @ 10:00am for xmas shopping on 12-24-04.

Waited to get a parking spot for 5 min.

Waited 35 min to get to the store i needed and pick out my item due to the crowd. One person running the register.

Got into a looooooonnnnnnggggggg line @ 10:45. My friend got there @ 10ish and hadnt been checked out yet.

I got to the register @ 11:45, payed, and went home. I had to go start dinner for the guests

What a piss poor way to run a mall. I see strollers, a wheelchair, and people with shopping carts checking out at the jewelry counter, while the biggest majority of people is sitting in register lanes 4 & 5 for hours.

I will never shop at the mall on xmas eve day again. And neither will any of my friends.

See my point? Don't go on a grossly popular day and expect to get everything you want done. Get there early, before the crowd, or go on a day when no ones there.

HP ADDICT
08-23-2004, 05:03 PM
wow...now thats a way to put it in perspective.

Crawlin
08-23-2004, 05:24 PM
No offense to be meant, but...

DON'T GO THEN ANYMORE!! Plain and simple. That's one less guy in lanes for those of us that realize it's part of the hobby. Does it suck, yes. But we have to deal with it. You could go to Byron during the weeknight. Oh wait, no lights so they are only open on the weekends, and you know how busy they are then? When they have 3 events going on. I guess you could venture all the way to US41, but that's in IN, and that's a long trip. RT 66 in Joliet? SUUUURE. Great track, but be prepared for some real TECH. And you think the lines are any better there? How about WIR up in Kaukauna? Could definitely try and go there. Although the gravel pit area is not my cup of tea, and nor is the traction at times. I never have a problem at GLD. During an RSD(that they start racing at 4pm) you aren't ever gonna get a test run in unless you are there early. It's a street racing event. Were you ever there when they did NOT have test and tune? That's what most of the people that are common at the RSD's want it to return to. To keep from clogging up the lanes and having street tired cars ripping up the VHT.

Chris

nismodave
08-23-2004, 05:36 PM
Man I cant believe the amount of Ignorance on this Forum.

And the amount of ass kissing that goes on torward GLD.

I guess it should be expected.

Thats why things never improve, because pussys like animal and z28girl defend the track that doesnt care about the racers.

Do you realize how much $ is generated there and how little is put back into it?

And I still stand by the MAJORITY RULES rule.

If most of your money comes from a group (i.e. time run lanes) then you need to do your best to satistfy that group.

Syclone0044
08-23-2004, 05:45 PM
Nismodave, you're a hopeless case. I don't think you've even read any of the points people have made in reply to you. You seem to suffer from Cognitive Dissonance (look it up).

But since I'm a glutton for punishment, here's something GLD management posted on their website that perhaps serves as some evidence to suggest they do care about the racers:

Concrete guardrails have been on the huge improvement list for almost 5 years now. Finally the time frame and finances are in place as construction is now underway. This project was not mandated by anyone or required by IHRA or the insurance company. It is just one of many improvements on the agenda that GLD wants to do to create a "state of the art" facility. The vision is simple : Create the “Biggest, Little Track in the World.” Translation: Have a superb facility that anyone would be proud of while preserving the friendly homey atmosphere and catering to the grass roots racer. A place you would love to hang out at and have lots of Fun! The Concrete Guardrail project entailed a few changes. One being we wanted to widen the track to the standard 60 ft. width, therefore each lane needed to be widen by 5 feet. This lead to a needed redesign of the drainage system on the east side of the track. The project was simple at first; then became more complicated and the end result is the concrete guardrail project will undergo two phases of development and take approximately a year or so to complete. In this first phase of development, we are starting at the top end of the track. Why? Starting at the top end is logical, because we can still run down the 1/4 mile track and when the vehicle gets to the newly widened area there will not be any obstructions. If we went the opposite way, the result would obviously not be good So with this game plan, extensive landscaping took place as well as installing a 24” drainage pipe along the east side of the shutdown. This replaced an existing open ditch which existed prior. Tons of gravel w brought in for the foundation of the wall. In our design for the wall we opted to install our guardrails by slip forming them continuously. This gives you best strength and rigidity plus a much nicer look, expensive but nice. The wall was poured to NHRA spec of 39’” tall; ones like you see at National events. This first phase of development will cost nearly $300,000, so not cheap by any means but we feel you as our customer deserve the best. Phase two will begin in the late fall. We thank you for your support, and please pardon our mess as the project continues.

Crawlin
08-23-2004, 05:58 PM
You are a ******* tard, seriously. Result to name calling? Shows just how immature you are. I stated simple facts. Places everywhere need improvements.

If most of your money comes from a group (i.e. time run lanes) then you need to do your best to satistfy that group.

And the majority of the people at the event are there for street racing. Hence the name, REAL STREET DRAGS. That's what the event was catered towards. Why should they throw out another day of test and tune when there is Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, AND Sunday.

Simple facts. I'm not an asskisser. I just realize when arguing and bitching is pointless. Are you gonna get Ray or any of the other guys to change it? NOPE. Take a trip up to Rock Falls Raceway in Eau Claire, WI area. Know how much test and tune is up there? $85!! Thanks to Al Corda for that one. But it keeps non racing pussies like yourself from showing up and whining. AND the facilities aren't even as good as GLD.

How long have you been racing? Were you there when the pits were gravel? I was. Were you there when that large grandstand wasn't there? Yep I was. Were you there before they repaved the horseshoe? Yep again i was. Were you there before they redid the launch pad? How about the first repaving of the track and the most recent repaving at the top end? How about the repaving of the return road? How about the repaving of entrance to GLD? Doubtful if you are complaining about it now. How much invested back in it? If only you knew ANYTHING about the track. You know how expensive it was to repave the lot?

Keep talking chump. You are only making yourself look worse in a crowd that really could care less who you are.

nismodave
08-23-2004, 06:03 PM
So Im supposed to get excited about 2 or 3 small upgrades over a period of YEARS.

GLD has been finnaly doing some inprovement over the last few years only because things were falling apart.

The lights in the pits need to be inproved in grass areas, the staging needs inprovement, they need better clean up ( not a guy driving a truck with no doors with a mop), more people at the JOKE of a tech. Not to mention the DOG food they serve at the consession.

My car is always safe, I pride myself on that. But it wouldnt matter because they never check anything. The OLD man just checks to see if you have pants.

Oh BTW z28girl98.........If it wasent for "tired" street cars, you would have NO track. Because they wouldnt make enough money to run the track.

Yooformula
08-23-2004, 06:18 PM
I was just going to post about how much money was put back INTO GLD to make it a better track but looks like yall beat me to it.

Seriously name calling is out of order for a discussion that could have been civil. That just shows us that you can take a difference of opinion or a critique of your views. Oh well, no waste. You had 2 good points imo about the jet car and bikes but after that, nah! It was busy and to be expected when a good event takes place. I guess you go to the mall at 10pm on Xmas eve to buy a popular toy too huh? Nice story Animal :goof

Crawlin
08-23-2004, 06:34 PM
still with the name calling ey? :sgay

"Street tired" as in non slicked up cars ripping up all the fresh VHT.

and you know what dave, GLD would not lose a dime if they said no street tired cars. know why? because then MORE people who have race cars would show up. a large contingency of people don't show up other than on big event days because they are sick of running behind some Ford Taurus SHO that breaks an axle at the launch. Or of the honda civic that's so stripped down they even removed the coolant over flow bottle and it's leaking down the track. Real racers get pissed at that and avoid it. Hence why the track up in Eau Claire still thrives even though it's $85 for a test and tune. Nobody racing a street tired car is gonna pay that amount, or atleast that's what Al's hope is. Hell i'd pay $20 more per visit to keep you dumbasses out and atleast I would never be complaining about traction, wouldn't be complaining about the dumbasses that break and don't move over to the side right away instead running all the way down the middle the rest of the track and delaying the next pair for 30 minutes.

I'll agree with the lights in the grass area because that would improve the pit situation all together. Too many non racing vehicles in the pit area. I've been there when there is 3 techs checking you in. That old guy has always been there and treats me fine. And the food? Well, you obviously haven't been anywhere else, cause it's all the same. You want good food? Save your dough and take a trip down to the Brat Stop after a night of racing.

GRNDNL
08-23-2004, 06:49 PM
So Im supposed to get excited about 2 or 3 small upgrades over a period of YEARS.

GLD has been finnaly doing some inprovement over the last few years only because things were falling apart.

The lights in the pits need to be inproved in grass areas, the staging needs inprovement, they need better clean up ( not a guy driving a truck with no doors with a mop), more people at the JOKE of a tech. Not to mention the DOG food they serve at the consession.

My car is always safe, I pride myself on that. But it wouldnt matter because they never check anything. The OLD man just checks to see if you have pants.

Oh BTW z28girl98.........If it wasent for "tired" street cars, you would have NO track. Because they wouldnt make enough money to run the track.

You talk to Ray or Marcel?.......How about Tuffy...... :confused

How many tracks have you raced at Dave?.........

Time to step up, let us know when you open up your track, I'll be more than happy to race at this world class facility your going to build........ :thumbsup

DocDave
08-23-2004, 08:49 PM
I will agree things got a little nuts at RSD. But folks it's RSD! This is the fastest growing event GLD has ever scene. There are going to be growing pains. That's why I go to watch and that's it; no racing for me.
As for test and tune, on a RSD night; that's like rehearsing place kicking during the Super Bowl. You don't do it. Now I do agree that the name implies that Real Street Drags will be going on, and lately the dance club and freak show that has replaced it doesn't necessarily fit the bill. Talk to the guys that run it, let them know how you feel so they can fix it. Saying you will never go to this track, or pay for that again, just is not fair. Give it time the bugs will be worked out and eventually we will have one of the baddest street car events in the Midwest, right in our back yard. If I am wrong… and the freak show continues… oh well it’s fun to watch.

Crawlin
08-23-2004, 08:51 PM
I'll go for that, the stunt bikes are a bit much and a waste of time(even though I used to ride with all of them). just not needed. the jet car, well, if it makes one pass, it's just something interesting to see. 5 minutes of time is worth it. just not something you see everyday. the beads being passed out, the t-shirts, the dvd's, all that **** needs to go. two years ago RSD was badass!!

Syclone0044
08-23-2004, 10:09 PM
Here's another cheer for Animal's analogy. Damn, did you just come up with that out of the blue??

Hey Nismodave, when your facility opens up I want a 5 star steakhouse serving dinner and also I want it right in my back yard, 60 minutes is already too far to drive. There's a big field back there, so I'll forward your contact info to the zoning committee. :rolf

In seriousness, what it all boils down to is that we ALL realize GLD is not perfect and not 100% desireable. We can all think of ways to improve. But the point is, what we do have is pretty damn good and pretty damn convenient. I bet 90% of street racers out there in the country would KILL to have an awesome monthly program like we do with RSDs. Considering that there aren't really any alternatives to GLD, how can you complain? I made my best point when I said GLD is open often for more test and tune throughout the year than any other track in the country. I have noticed you failed to acknowledge that or respond to it. Are you really trying to engage in an intelligent debate, or just continue mindless banter? :rolleyes: :argue

nismodave
08-23-2004, 10:16 PM
You are a ******* tard, seriously. Result to name calling? Shows just how immature you are. I stated simple facts. Places everywhere need improvements.

And the majority of the people at the event are there for street racing. Hence the name, REAL STREET DRAGS. That's what the event was catered towards. Why should they throw out another day of test and tune when there is Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, AND Sunday.

If the Majority of people were there for street drags ONLY, then why was the biggest crowd in lanes 4 and 5?

Simple facts. I'm not an asskisser. I just realize when arguing and bitching is pointless. Are you gonna get Ray or any of the other guys to change it? NOPE. Take a trip up to Rock Falls Raceway in Eau Claire, WI area. Know how much test and tune is up there? $85!! Thanks to Al Corda for that one. But it keeps non racing pussies like yourself from showing up and whining. AND the facilities aren't even as good as GLD.

Once again, here you are claiming that just saying, "Hey its ok if the track is lacking on things." Part of the reason I posted this was to maybe draw some attention to the problems. You are talking about a track that sees like 400 cars at events like Black Sunday @ $25 to $50 a pop. And a packed grandstand. Dont tell me GLD does not have the $ to at leastr hire a few more people for tech, or adding some lights to some of the grass areas.

How long have you been racing? Were you there when the pits were gravel? I was. Were you there when that large grandstand wasn't there? Yep I was. Were you there before they repaved the horseshoe? Yep again i was. Were you there before they redid the launch pad? How about the first repaving of the track and the most recent repaving at the top end? How about the repaving of the return road? How about the repaving of entrance to GLD? Doubtful if you are complaining about it now. How much invested back in it? If only you knew ANYTHING about the track. You know how expensive it was to repave the lot?

Lets say Ive been racing since you were suckling your thumb still. I remember when all those things before they were changed. Only because they HAD to.
Tracks all over the country have improved over time.

Its called progress.

Lash
08-23-2004, 10:24 PM
I dunno....

I like their cheeseburgers...*shrug*

:yawn:

Crawlin
08-23-2004, 10:52 PM
Lets say Ive been racing since you were suckling your thumb still.

Keep believing that son.... if you had been you'd realize that you aren't so bad off at GLD. If you want to change it, give the owners an investment to build it up some. Atleast you'd get to run for free then and have 5 star accomadations.

And the reason why the majority of people were there for the test and tune is because most of the street racers have stayed away from RSD because of all of them taking up too much time. they kept closing the lanes earlier and earlier for the T&T'rs. most guys just don't care anymore and go to SCC. know what that is? probably not. they'd rather go there because THAT is an event that caters to the street racer. once again, REAL STREET DRAGS is the name of the event. stay away from them if you want to test your car out. or save it for another day. in all honesty, the reason why most people go to test on that night is because they are pretty much guaranteed to hook.

john96ws6
08-24-2004, 12:25 AM
I think they make it really clear that it isnt a f'n T&T and then you get people like this that still don't get it. How the hell can you show up at 7:45 and expect to get runs in at an event this big???? Tuff said there were something like 300 cars registered! If you wanna get your stupid T&T runs in show up at 4:00 or just come when there actually is a T&T night. Or better yet sack up and set up a damn street race. I'm tired of this ignorance. Do you have any idea what it takes to run an event like this? Or how much it costs to keep a track running? GLD doesn't exactly attract too many big dollar events. So pull your head out of your ass or stay home on Sep. 16.

BTW Chris have you ever gone to an SCC event? Is it worth the trip from Madison?

scottie K
08-24-2004, 12:59 AM
yea what they said dumb a$$ you go chriss ,doc dave and ??

for once saves some bitching from me

ruhlahan
08-24-2004, 02:31 AM
my turn :rockwoot:

ok, this is coming from someone that doesn't kiss gld's ass.. for all the reasons your not going, its pretty lame. Gld does have one of the best places to race, and the fact that your bitching cause you got there late, is pretty f'n :sgay I prefer to run at byron, but yes, its only open on the weekends (the only time I have free anyways) and its only during the day. The fact gld is open all the time is great, its nice to know that there is a place close that I can go have fun at pretty much anytime I want.

Complaining about a place because of the time you had to wait, on the busiest night of the year is pretty bad, almost as bad as not going because of one employee....

btw, the food is great.. thats why half the races are for a burger and not money

GRNDNL
08-24-2004, 07:40 AM
I dunno....

I like their cheeseburgers...*shrug*

:yawn:

Yummmm...................Nitro Burgers.... :rockwoot:

animal
08-24-2004, 08:49 AM
Here's another cheer for Animal's analogy. Damn, did you just come up with that out of the blue??

Yeah, this **** just comes to me sometimes. I think they call it a stroke of genious ;)

Crawlin
08-24-2004, 09:56 AM
John...

if you know someone down there and don't have to be anywhere early the next day, it's worth it :)

Let's just say T & T is obsolete. Street races and it's open WAAAY later than RSD, but that's because they don't have to worry about the neighbors in the area. it is quite a haul though, even from Madison. Maybe 4 hours? Anytime I've been to US41 i've stayed at a hotel that night.

Chris

Jake B. (Killer Quad)
08-24-2004, 10:40 AM
Ok NismoDave you've been racing at GLD for so long, what tracks do ya like!
how has Cordova changed over the past 10 years or how is Route 66 as far as frendlyness to street tire cars! BTW route 66 sell $6 hockey pucs for burgers. What about Byron?

GLD has made some nice improvements over the past years since Broadway Bob sold it. And yes it has its flaws and yes some other tracks are nicer and better to run at but within 200 miles of Milwaukee its the better deal in my opinion!

theavenger333
08-24-2004, 01:11 PM
i was down there the same night, i got there late also, got one timed run in. what irritated me was the jet car and the bikes. after that though, the people by the staging lanes was ridiculous. those g-body dudes were the WORST. the one guy had to like set ALL of them up and like give them advice at the line everytime. :weaksauce: that and it seemed like Trent just wasn't keeping things moving. shoulda been two cars at the line, two waiting behind the waterbox, and two IN their cars waiting right by the staging lanes, short staging or not. all in all there shold always be 6 cars going or getting ready to go.

theavenger333
08-27-2004, 11:54 PM
no more mud flingin since that thursday?