PDA

View Full Version : Where to get a TV fixed

flyin_blue_egg
07-24-2011, 07:10 PM
I have a 42" Samsung LCD TV (I think it's an 09 model) that just stopped working one day. Thought maybe it was the outlet, but after trying almost every outlet in the house it still doesn't work. It never showed any signs that it was failing, I just tried to turn it on one day and nothing.

I think it has something to do with the cord, but being new to the area don't know of any places I can take it to get it fixed.

pOrk
07-24-2011, 09:55 PM
If you paid with a visa it usually extends the warranty for 2 years, contact samsung with serial number and a scan of reciept and they will more then likely take care of you

88Nightmare
07-24-2011, 10:41 PM
Does the standby light work anymore or is it as if the tv is unplugged? Probably had a capacitor fail like mine. Sanding warrantied it with a scanned receipt like pork said

flyin_blue_egg
07-25-2011, 10:15 AM
Does the standby light work anymore or is it as if the tv is unplugged? Probably had a capacitor fail like mine. Sanding warrantied it with a scanned receipt like pork said

That's what somebody said it prob was (couldn't think of it when I made thread). Didn't buy it with a VISA card and don't have the receipt. Plus I bought it at Wal-mart, so they won't be of any help.

Yooformula
07-25-2011, 10:56 AM
I think Dan just repaired his own power supply caps, do a search for his thread. It might help ya out.

Found it: http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?51978-Samsung-TV-Capacitor-problem-s&highlight=samsung+lcd